BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

9 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Five has become eight in Rovers’ search for a new manager.

An extended interview process has been held, with Rovers’ initial shortlist having expanded following late expressions of interest in the role.

There could yet be further interviews, should Rovers look to speak with in-work managers, given that approaches would need to be made to their respective clubs, while follow-ups with those already spoken to isn't to be ruled out.

So this means they are all out of work (no compo to pay) and rules Ainsworth out.

I suspect it also means our friends at the agency managed to shoe horn 3 names on to the list 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who says it Myers pushing Ferguson? 

Speculation on my part, but it makes sense. I would be surprised if it isn’t the case.

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't think he would be cheap or less demanding at all. He will want to be successful here so I think he want some money and be able to bring 2 or 3 of his own staff with him. 

He would come cheaper than the likes of Carvalhal.

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

So 8 people interviewed, all out of work.

Carvalhal, Cocu, Wagner, Ferguson, Carrick, Woodgate, Grayson and Hughton?

Sounds about right. God, we are utterly clueless. Which other club would interview eight people? Candidates probably scored highly for proposing cheap terms. 

6 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

2 out of 8 I'd be happy with there - Carvahal & Hughton. Wagner at a push. Almost certain it'll be one of the other 5, or the 'outstanding candidate' that is on no one's list 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Carva and Wags would be good, the rest can f off. Not looking good for us with the prospect of 75% of that list taking over. 

7 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

And apparently still no nearer to making an appointment.

As David Essex once sang "oh what a circus'.

Does anybody actually know the process if, for example the job is offered to Carvahal? Will contract negotiations, coaching staff and budget talks start at that point or will these have been sorted out during the interview. 

29 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

588293F0-66A6-4487-A852-0BB7B16E1D9D.thumb.jpeg.98b47fabbeb4daf03ed0db6abce332fa.jpeg

Its that paragraph of in-work managers that made me laugh. At least try and make the articles believable. After interviews aiming to get the cheapest manager is believable. 

25 minutes ago, arbitro said:

And apparently still no nearer to making an appointment.

As David Essex once sang "oh what a circus'.

Does anybody actually know the process if, for example the job is offered to Carvahal? Will contract negotiations, coaching staff and budget talks start at that point or will these have been sorted out during the interview. 

No nearer ? If 8 have been interviewed of course they are nearer to making an appointment 

• Like 2

If they replace Tony Mowbray with Drunken Duncan Ferguson I'll probably not be going next season, I think its rubbish anyway, I doubt he's in the running myself, but if he is, they've learnt nothing over the past 11yrs, another coach with no managerial experience to speak of, cheap and cheerful. 

If they've interviewed Wagner and Carvalhal its pick one from 2, but the wages, backroom team and transfer budget is probably out of our reach, which they'll know now hence the new candidate pool.

The longer this goes on the more likely a Coyle type figure will emerge, as the bastards are trying to appoint on the cheap, again.

Venkys out.

Edited by Gav

So if reports from Sharpe and Bayes are to be believed it seems again that we are all over the place.

I've already raised how strange I find it that we are planning on appointing a Sporting Director AFTER the appointment of a Head Coach, as surely you would want said director to have an input into the head coach appointment if he is going to be working with him every day.

It now appears the shortlist has grown rather than shrunk, and even more concerning is that it seems there is a possibility that none of those 8 will be given the job and that we might yet go on to interview people already in work. This doesn't inspire much confidence in the process.

Some element of relief on my part if it is true none of those interviewed are working as this means Ferguson and Ainsworth aren't in the immediate running.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Lose the Grayson interview link he hasn’t!

Here’s another list of 8 that it could be 

Farke, Carvalhal, Bilic, Jokanovic, Wagner, Dyche, Nuno , Benitez. 

Granted, it won’t but just as likely as the first list. 
By the way Nixon linking us with Beale this morning. Kudos to Chaddy

• Like 1

So it looks like a straight shoot out between foreign coach or cheaper inexperienced one, with likes of Hughton and Grayson in reserve.

A bit like the player A/B/C list that used to get banded about.

And we know which one we ended up shopping from.

So we have interviewed Duncan Ferguson and Michael Beale who are both in work and some people said on here on and other social media sites that Rovers have spoken to Liam Manning so The LT is technically not correct IMO cos we have spoken to in work people. 

The other names IMO we have spoken are Carlos Carvalhal, Phillip Cocu, Nuno Santo, Jonathon Woodgate and Chris Hughton

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

So we have interviewed Duncan Ferguson and Michael Beale who are both in work and some people said on here on and other social media sites that Rovers have spoken to Liam Manning so The LT is technically not correct IMO cos we have spoken to in work people. 

The other names IMO we have spoken are Carlos Carvalhal, Phillip Cocu, Nuno Santo, Jonathon Woodgate and Chris Hughton

Who has confirmed we have interviewed Duncan Ferguson and Michael Beale?!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Here’s another list of 8 that it could be 

Farke, Carvalhal, Bilic, Jokanovic, Wagner, Dyche, Nuno , Benitez. 

Granted, it won’t but just as likely as the first list. 
By the way Nixon linking us with Beale this morning. Kudos to Chaddy

image.jpeg.61fadf7affeaa3bf896875a0b0c5dfd4.jpeg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

The Telegraph might be correct and others might be wrong. 

If those names you've produced are correct then it shows there is no rhyme nor reason to this search, its just scattergun.

So of the 8 interviewed it’s certainly Carvalhal, Fergusson and Carrick. Nixon claims Beale too. 

I also have a ‘hunch’ that Dyche was one of the last to be interviewed (Friday) 

You would also think that despite what it says in the LT, you can have preliminary talks with in work managers but in order for them to progress then you need to contact the club, so it wouldn’t surprise if Ainsworth and Manning were included in the 8. 

Edited by rover23

29 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

No nearer ? If 8 have been interviewed of course they are nearer to making an appointment 

exactly. We are getting closer to appointing someone and I'm not sure Sharpe knows that matter tbh,