BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Screenshot_20220530-175113_Twitter.jpg

Still doesn't draw a line under it "....discussed in England by Blackburn Rovers, but ....for now ....have not progressed."

Frustrating when we want the best now but the wait continues.

24 minutes ago, dallydally said:

We are being set up for one big disappointment mark my words. Carvahal was never a serious target for these jesters; we simply couldn't afford him/meet his demands. Enter stage left some plonker!

Not sure we can’t afford him, can’t see him being on mega money at 2 middling Portuguese teams. His demands could be sticking point (ie staff) though it shouldn’t be

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It is surely evident now that nobody either in a journalistic capacity or indeed on here knows what is going on.

We don't know what the people in the know know but we do know they don't know what they think they know

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Mmmm strange that ;-), now lets hope Dick n dom aint put him off, as he has done the Venkys bit already

Thought you were getting on a plane and your phone was going off 😂😂. Seriously though keep updating what you know when you can 👍

4 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

You can distinguish between them though. One involves still wanting (albeit at a much lower priority) to win the game using players that were signed because they thought they could do well for the club. The other scenario is deliberately losing to undermine the fairness of the competition. 

Teams get relegated all the time because their competitors are playing teams that are already on the beach. 

Every club has the concept of their "strongest team", that day they didn't play theirs, not even near it. It was so bad they lost to 10 men, so yes I maintain that there were several possible reasons for them making that choice.

One "could" have been for corrupt betting. It wasn't of course but it can't be argued that not fielding your strongest team is OK under "all right" circumstances.

What he did was NOT OK for any reason IMO.  I maintain that what Wagner did was the coup de grace that got us relegated. Yes it was our fault we were in the relegation zone but we were set to escape until he cheated us out of it.

Again IMO.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, martonrover said:

It’s like a game of snakes and ladders. Farke interview report : up a ladder, Unsworth news : straight back down.

Who needs DVDs. The official Blackburn Rovers board game, every season. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, martonrover said:

It’s like a game of snakes and ladders. Farke interview report : up a ladder, Unsworth news : straight back down.

That's a second to last square job that one. Then land on the snakes head and back to the very start.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Screenshot_20220530-175113_Twitter.jpg

Not sure how much to read into the UAE links.

Their pro league isn't exactly littered with respectable managers. For the most part it just seems to be nobodies or ex players like Rebrov managing the teams.

Obviously money talks but I'd like to think Carvalhal had a bit more about him than to just go there for the cash.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tricky said:

bet you weren't back then

A passage of play within a game is not quite same same cause and effect.

I do however recall that I wasn't proud of it and would have been pissed off if another team got away with that against us.

There is enough lying, cheating and being just a fecking twat in football without deliberately adding to the dung heap.

Play hard, play fair.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Every club has the concept of their "strongest team", that day they didn't play theirs, not even near it. It was so bad they lost to 10 men, so yes I maintain that there were several possible reasons for them making that choice.

One "could" have been for corrupt betting. It wasn't of course but it can't be argued that not fielding your strongest team is OK under "all right" circumstances.

What he did was NOT OK for any reason IMO.  I maintain that what Wagner did was the coup de grace that got us relegated. Yes it was our fault we were in the relegation zone but we were set to escape until he cheated us out of it.

Again IMO.

To this day I believe that, imo, there was collusion between the club's and if the Spurs Spiv was involved that means money, again imo.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Not sure how much to read into the UAE links.

Their pro league isn't exactly littered with respectable managers. For the most part it just seems to be nobodies or ex players like Rebrov managing the teams.

Obviously money talks but I'd like to think Carvalhal had a bit more about him than to just go there for the cash.

agree. it stinks of agent stirring, especially the mentions of the supposed wage he has on offer there. he left braga for a reason, and it wasn't to go to the bloody uae! he's a football guy arguably at the peak of his career so far. he's not going there. not for a little while anyway. why would he? he'd push himself right down the list of any future job at this level. look at michael laudrup. built his stock right up at swansea, went to qatar and was never seen nor heard of again. it's an agent trying to carry out contract negotiations in public. ignore!!!

• Like 1