BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

Jesus Christ, come back Tony all is forgiven. 

that made me laugh that Josh. 

I'm pleased Mowbray has gone tho. 

Where we go from now and who I would want now? I honestly don't know who I would want or who I want to interview now that my main 2 choices are off the table now. 

I'm sure they will be plenty of rumours in the coming days now regarding who we interview for a second time 

36 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

What they're learning enables them to say F.O. straightaway. Shambles of a board, the Venky's as owners, no playing staff and no money,

The Director of Football / Head Coach thing will put a good few off, too, especially if we can’t even tell the Head Coach candidates who it’s going to be!
The more experienced managers will, quite rightly, want greater autonomy.

It’s going to be a poor appointment, for sure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, martonrover said:

The Director of Football / Head Coach thing will put a good few off, too, especially if we can’t even tell the Head Coach candidates who it’s going to be!

Yeah this dof appointment makes no sense for the muppets running the club. Instead of fucking up one appointment they’re going to have to fuck up 2. Trying to run before they can walk. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I'm presuming the reason the head coach is being appointed first is that he will have some degree of say in who the DoF will be. Which is arguably less than ideal long-term but short term works better for getting the manager we want.

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'm presuming the reason the head coach is being appointed first is that he will have some degree of say in who the DoF will be. Which is arguably less than ideal long-term but short term works better for getting the manager we want.

You’re probably right, but surely it should be the other way round? I don’t even think the muppets running the show will have a clue what the Director of Football will actually do. 
If they need a manager to tell them and choose one, that says it all!

So to cap…

Anyone we want - won’t come.

Theres no one left we want.

TBH, there’s not much point to this thread apart from a place where everyone can voice their disapproval at anything that’s rumoured.

Its just a case of wait and see, then we can all disapprove of the new man. That WILL happen for certain. Blimey, half of Blackburn didn’t want Dalglish. 

It’s been 5 years, how is it possible that there isn’t any improvement. If you want the best manager available go out and get him, it’s really not difficult. How frustrating for all of us when it’s plain to see. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, martonrover said:

You’re probably right, but surely it should be the other way round? I don’t even think the muppets running the show will have a clue what the Director of Football will actually do. 
If they need a manager to tell them and choose one, that says it all!

If we appointed a DoF first, we risk the manager we choose not wanting to work with them. Then we either lose our main man or have an embittered duo. The manager is more important, and we can then pick a DoF who suits their vision.

53 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If it was Cocu, Woodgate and Grayson as a final 3, id rather have Mowbray than any and thats saying something. 

Mowbray was rightly let go by Rovers. Blew our top 2/playoffs chances by his stubbornness and unwilling to adapt this formation, tactics. 

55 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Surprised that Rich Sharpe didnt list all 47 linked managers for you. Ultimately nobody knows anything.

It was tongue in cheek comment. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

If we appointed a DoF first, we risk the manager we choose not wanting to work with them. Then we either lose our main man or have an embittered duo. The manager is more important, and we can then pick a DoF who suits their vision.

But, as @chaddyroversand I were discussing on Twitter, the actual role definition for each job will be key.

If the DOF has the greater power, then he should come first.

If we appoint a Head Coach first, we’re putting the cart before the horse.

It’s a mess.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, whalleyrover said:

Time for some reality on here.

Venkys will not pay compensation for a manager in work.

What decent manager would come here with no proper access to the owners and having to work with a Director of Football who is not in position. Also no decent manager would want to have to work with Benson and Lowe, good managers have a team around them.

THERE WILL BE NO IMPROVEMENT UNTIL VENKYS GO OR START TO LISTEN AND RUN THE CLUB PROPERLY WITH PASSIONATE PROFESSIONAL STAFF AT THE HELM.

Agree, 100%. Frankly I feel ashamed for believing that someone like Farke would end up being our manager. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, martonrover said:

But, as @chaddyroversand I were discussing on Twitter, the actual role definition for each job will be key.

If the DOF has the greater power, then he should come first.

If we appoint a Head Coach first, we’re putting the cart before the horse.

It’s a mess.

Is it a mess, or do we just not know whether the DoF has greater power? If he doesn't, then appointing him first would be putting the cart before the horse.

There's also the possibility we will shelve the DoF thing if a sufficiently good manager who doesn't want to work with one becomes available.

Edited by bluebruce