BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

55 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

When did Delia fly in baring in mind NYFC baring in mind in the last 7 days they’ve played in New York, Chicago and Minnesota 

Their last game was on 29 May their next one is on 19th June,the MLS is currently on an international break

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

I don't think anyone else has... There were a few "If they get appointed" statements being made, but nothing at all definitive. 

For what it's worth, IF it is Warne or Ainsworth I wouldn't be overwhelmed with joy, but I wouldn't be horrified. Both have overseen extended, succesful spells at their clubs with zero resources. I'm quite certain I'll renew my ticket as well, unless Coyle or Kean for some absurd reason got another crack at it. 

Oh yes they have, one only this afternoon saying he doesn’t feel he can part with his money with the calibre of candidates on offer, even though no one actually knows anything, 1 guy last week waiting with his 2 daughters to see the name and if not up to his standard none of them will be going.

Plenty more saying the same, can’t believe it myself but that’s life…

• Like 2

Arbitro I wont disagree with your action, or anybody else. Support the club the way you see fit. I really don’t have a voice in the matter, as I live in Texas. I like to believe If I lived close to Ewood, I would be a diehard, and go no matter what.

However, it’s the only Blackburn Rovers we will ever have. I don’t believe boycotts or any other action works against these owners. In the long run, it’s just money you’ve kept in your pocket and not given the billionaires. 

I will say this: If I lived closer and there were organized protests outside Ewood, I would be at every single one. Even to show up gameday, tailgate with my friends, but not go inside. I think if there were 3,000 or so supporters on gameday outside the park, wearing Rovers apparel, flying banners, etc, present in body & spirit, but don’t buy a ticket, it would send a huge message. My .02. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, unleaded said:

Ainsworth has been interviewd & is last man standing ……he’s been constant throughout the month but for some reason they don’t like him …… even though he’s showing the most interest…

Maybe he needs to play hard to get ……

I was at a party, twenty six years ago, with Ainsworth’s dad. On that basis alone, I want him for the job.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nixon being his usual cryptic self.

When asked about the time it taking to appoint a manager and the shambles its becoming his reply "you never know when an unexpected twist comes along"

Covering all basis as per 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

They're never going to get their money back - albeit they only bought us for £25m before running us into the ground.

It's terrifying to think the price they paid for the club before the extra bit of debt is now the ANNUAL loss they have run up.

If these lot were normal people who'd won 200 million the lot would be gone now and they'd have nothing but debt to show for it. Whoever built that cash pile of 500 mill and a business that turns over hundreds of millions per year should be the one(s) they pray to every day.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nixon being his usual cryptic self.

When asked about the time it taking to appoint a manager and the shambles its becoming his reply "you never know when an unexpected twist comes along"

He’s cryptic because like the rest of us he knows the square root of bugger all.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

There seems to be a disparity between the reaction towards Warne and Ainsworth, both seem somewhat justifiably highly rated, neither would really excite me at all but I do wonder if the latter gets comparatively superior reactions simply because of this whole Rovers fan narrative?

Neither have done jobs that are easily comparable to what their job would be here. Warne has had Rotherham continuously bouncing between League 1 and the Championship religiously. Both him and Ainsworth have fought against clubs with bigger budgets and have found the Championship a step too far with those small budgets, but both thrive in League 1, Warne more so.

Of course not, ultimately Mowbray was a run of the mill manager and we were middle of the road under him, his time had come to a natural end. Waggott I have been very critical of regarding his illogical ticket pricing structures etc, I would be happy to see him replaced 100%.

But my point was that merely replacing Waggott wouldn't solve the problem alone, the common denominator across the last 12 years has been in India. Inconsistent budgets without an overall plan, big delays, third party involvement, a lack of delegation, poor communication seemingly within the club. (the whole wait until the summer and come to India charade, Mowbray being totally in the dark about his future)

Anyone who applies (was it 60 reported applicants) wants the job surely.

before their interview yes, after the interview probably no.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Whilst one of two have said they will wait to see who is appointed I don't believe it's worth your criticism. Everyone has their tipping point and that could come at any time for a whole host of reasons. I effectively boycotted when Kean got another deal after being relegated and when we appointed Coyle. And you know it was difficult not planning and preparing for games, missing some of the people I have met through Rovers but I felt that I just couldn't support what we had done in appointing them imposters. The minute they went I went and bought (along with family and friends) the 'season tickets' they were offering from the time they left. During that period I respected people who went even though I would have liked to have seen many more boycotting to make a bold statement. So for me it's each to their own - none of us have the right to be critical of any fellow fan's when they are following what their conscience tells them.

Every single person who visits this site (or any similar for that matter) should never be critised for not being "fan enough". For what other reason would they put up with reading circa 7,500 posts of absolute tripe, if not because they care about Blackburn Rovers?

Edit: That wasn't aimed at you btw, was just a message on the topic

Edited by XLM
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, Hasta said:

When I had the discussion with Birdie that Venkys were clearly going to be bad for the club back in the early protest days he looked at me like I was from a different planet then. None as blind as those who cannot see.

Maybe Birdie is from another planet ?

• Like 2

I wonder which way around it is:

a) We're agonising between a number of competing and really keen applicants 

b) We're begging mildly interested targets to join the 'project'.

I suspect the latter, no bugger (of repute) wants to come and we're too shit scared of ending up with no one that we haven't dotted the no hopers on the head just in case.

It's only guess work but probably not a million miles away and if so how bloody embarrassing. Are we really that much of a basket case club that we can't actually get a manager ... any manager.

If Ferguson or Warner stump up then I'm out of here, permy.  What am I hoping for, well at this stage one of Ainsworth, Delia or the Rotherham guy. Anything else is beyond dismal. But is landing one of those three really what would have made us happy at the beginning . I think not.

What's happened to my club?!

5 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

I wonder which way around it is:

a) We're agonising between a number of competing and really keen applicants 

b) We're begging mildly interested targets to join the 'project'.

I suspect the latter, no bugger (of repute) wants to come and we're too shit scared of ending up with no one that we haven't dotted the no hopers on the head just in case.

It's only guess work but probably not a million miles away and if so how bloody embarrassing. Are we really that much of a basket case club that we can't actually get a manager ... any manager.

If Ferguson or Warner stump up then I'm out of here, permy.  What am I hoping for, well at this stage one of Ainsworth, Delia or the Rotherham guy. Anything else is beyond dismal. But is landing one of those three really what would have made us happy at the beginning . I think not.

What's happened to my club?!

Who's Warner?? Do you mean Warne, and if so he's the Rotherham guy.

Edited by Lucimo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Ianrally said:

He’s cryptic because like the rest of us he knows the square root of bugger all.

I’m amazed that anyone still reads the shit he puts out.

He blocked me on Twatter last year for proving why he was wrong on a number of his ‘stories’.

Clearly doesn’t appreciate the truth. The truth doesn’t sell red top rags.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Friend of mine who is a big Blackpool fan and uses their corporate facilities tells me their new manager will be in place within the next two days and by Friday at the very latest.  Seemingly, three targets identified and already they are well down the road to finalising appointment.

A club with a plan and a CEO who knows what he's doing!

Like any other football club board they will have had their eye on a possible replacement or replacements even when Critchley appeared to be settled. You never know in football and it pays to think ahead in any business.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1