BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

21 minutes ago, Mike E said:

And how do you think the LET could drive circulation? Holding the club to account, including when not given answers? Or limply repeating 3day-old rumours from the internet?

If Sharpe's input was actually interesting, I'd buy the paper or subscribe. As it is we get better info on here than we get from Sharpe.

As I understand it, he only repeats the 3 day-old internet rumours that he has been able to confirm, thus making them factual rather than rumours.

If the Telewag’s sports section was 301 pages of random bullshit, I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t sell any copies at all.

Edited by Exiled in Toronto
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Hypnotic said:

Deila has better experience than the three coaches you mention - worked with a top club, succeeded in different leagues, and has managed players of a far higher calibre than Ainsworth and warne have. Didn’t Pep Guardiola start at a low level in Spain before success in the MLS? Barring the entirely unrealistic suggestions of Farke and Carvalhal he is the first coach of any substance that we’ve been linked with. I’d be pleased if we got him in, and I would be completely underwhelmed with Ainsworth, Ferguson, or Warne. Tbh we’d have been better off sticking with TM than that motley crew - his recent record is far more impressive than any of them, hell Ferguson has never been appointed manager and he’s now 50.  Sadly I reckon we’ll end up with someone like Woodgate. 

edit - Guardiola never managed at a low level or in the MLS, don’t have any idea where I got that from! But the rest of my post still stands…

Again that's entirely unfair lumping Ainsworth and Warne in with Ferguson.

They're experienced, successful managers. Ferguson is a no mark. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Hypnotic said:

I would be completely underwhelmed with Ainsworth, Ferguson, or Warne. Tbh we’d have been better off sticking with TM than that motley crew - his recent record is far more impressive than any of them, 

Anyone who says that from now on should be fined £1,000.

We played the second half of the season in relegation form.

(FFS).

• Like 5

While we all agree that the likes of Adkins and Grayson would be poor, I do wonder how realistic some people’s expectations are.

Farke would’ve been great, but I never understood the fuss about Carvalhal. His record is mediocre.

Ainsworth and Warne have both had to cut their teeth at smaller clubs, and have had some success. Both, potentially, on their way up.

Deila has had success in other countries, and I again point out that his record at New York City is better than Patrick Viera’s. I think most people would take the latter as manager.

The process of recruiting has highlighted how poorly the club is run, but I don’t see any of those mentioned above as being poor choices, should one of them be appointed.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, martonrover said:

While we all agree that the likes of Adkins and Grayson would be poor, I do wonder how realistic some people’s expectations are.

Farke would’ve been great, but I never understood the fuss about Carvalhal. His record is mediocre.

Ainsworth and Warne have both had to cut their teeth at smaller clubs, and have had some success. Both, potentially, on their way up.

Deila has had success in other countries, and I again point out that his record at New York City is better than Patrick Viera’s. I think most people would take the latter as manager.

The process of recruiting has highlighted how poorly the club is run, but I don’t see any of those mentioned above as being poor choices, should one of them be appointed.

You must be on this side of the Atlantic; not many posts this time of night (10:40 cst).

I really like a varied assortment of managerial candidates, not just the same ol’, tired, list of Championship & out of work PL has-beens. I still really like Pep Lijnders. I doubt anybody at our club gave him much thought, but he will get a gig whenever he leaves Klopp. Perhaps he gets Klopp’s job, when he leaves Liverpool. 

At any rate, Deila is a viable candidate. Ainsworth is a realistic one, I rate a bit higher than Big Ferg. I’ve repented of my earlier hand-wriggling in this thread, even giving up on Dyche, Carvalhal, & Farke. I am trying to stay positive, and hopeful with the search.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

At this rate, we'll be contacting Dr. Frankenstein to bring back Brian Little, Ron Atkinson or Don Revie. There's been so many names but no evidence of action. 

At this rate he will have to be bringing Liam Manning back to life to take the job if the process takes any longer.

(I know Little and Atkinson are still alive)

I mean I'd be willing to wait if it meant the end result was going to be the right man for the job......but this is the Venkys/Waggott shit show after all 🤡

Personal opinion is we need someone in by the end of this week, we can't piss about going into pre season with Benson and Lowe running the show.

This also makes me think their hands will be hovering ever so close to the panic button now meaning we'll either:

A. get someone shite/unsuitable/potentially worse than Mowbray 

B. make some internal shuffles and end up with Johnson or Lowe as our manager citing the line "we interviewed several high calibre managers but none had the outstanding attributes Damien displays"

This circus we're now in is the main reason myself and no doubt many others, gave TM more time than he perhaps should have been allowed, its still possible we get someone worse.

For the record I'm not saying I wish he was still here though!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Torgeir said:

And how did they do against Midtjylland? The expectations of some of the Celtic/Rangers fans have been on par with those of England fans for the past few decades. 

Not sure I really get your point? Rangers got to the final of the Europa the other week 

6 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Again that's entirely unfair lumping Ainsworth and Warne in with Ferguson.

They're experienced, successful managers. Ferguson is a no mark. 

Totally agree. While their success has come at a level lower than we should be considering, at least they have held the top job and had some achievements while in it. Ferguson being linked is bizarre given his age and lack of experience. While I can see that some hated TM so much that they would support anyone else in the role, I think they are in for a rude awakening this season if we get someone unproved at our level. 

Edited by The Hypnotic
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Anyone who says that from now on should be fined £1,000.

We played the second half of the season in relegation form.

(FFS).

Can’t really argue with your assessment of our form, but I wouldn’t be amazed if we hear wistful comparisons to TM throughout this coming season. We are making a big gamble here, and the ones throwing the dice are unable to count the dots. The managerial candidates we’ve been linked with recently have not impressed me at all. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Not sure I really get your point? Rangers got to the final of the Europa the other week 

Celtic failed to qualify to the UCL this season too was my point. Getting through the qualifiers is no easy task for the teams who aren't directly qualified for the group stage. I do wonder if there's still some stigma attached to being a Norwegian manager in GB; that it takes more go gain the respect of the fans. 

Having said that Deila wouldn't be my first choice but as we're seemingly unwilling to fork out the necessary cash and ambition for top drawer managers, he's a decent option for the Head Coach position.