BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

5 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Here is a small piece from an article in the local paper in Bodø, sorry for the bad translation.

Despite the odds, Bodø-Glimt expert Freddy Toresen doubts that Kjetil Knutsen will leave Bodø to join Blackburn.
-The chances for that to happen equales zero.

Why?
- I am basing that on the work relationship between Knutsen and Broughton when they both where in Bodø. Lets say that there are people at the club that have spoken more togheter than those two in recent years.

Screenshot_20220608-165747_Snapchat.jpg

This is one potential downside of having a DOF. What if Broughton doesn't get on with whoever we get? 

I'd really like to know the level of responsibility the Head Coach will be getting. 

This set up complicates as much as it sells a dream of a golden future.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, martonrover said:

If we're talking about Europe, as the article points out, how many successful European campaigns have Celtic had?

Mowbray failed there, simple as, Deila didn't.

For me, it's an appointment that shows a bit of imagination and would definitely break the mould of dragging someone off the scrapheap.

Not just talking about europe though, says a lot that despite winning titles the football was so poor that attendances were massively down they had to shut a stand.

he is not well regarded in Celtic circles 

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Not just talking about europe though, says a lot that despite winning titles the football was so poor that attendances were massively down they had to shut a stand.

I’ve also seen good things said about him from some Celtic fans so don’t think he was all that bad. 

1 hour ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Now now, he was a good servant to the club, and did his best with limited resources. You can't ask for more than that, other than perhaps more resources 😉 Not the best manager, but certainly not as bad as some we have had rammed down our throats in our 12 year chicken run.

Imagine what we could have done with a decent manager with that team Bowyer had. Another waste.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Tormund said:

I’ve also seen good things said about him from some Celtic fans so don’t think he was all that bad. 

Not sure where your finding these Celtic fans, rangers forums perhaps.

there was also lots of videos of him at the time being utterly pissed in Celtic bars after matches that I don’t particularly like in a manager

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, goozburger said:

First heard of him when mentioned for the Dingles job a couple of months ago. He'd be more towards the "exciting" end of the scale than "FFS" end of the scale.

Every name at the moment is at the shit end of the scale, to be frank.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I'll do you one better why is kjtell Knutsen?

But then that leads us to ask who is kjtell Knutsen? Since we were talking about Kjetil Knutsen.

And who is Kjetill Flatnose?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sorry Bruce, I have correct the post now. 

I don't have a CV in the footballing world

No worries, it was just a joke Chaddy, I couldn't help myself. I wasn't really doubting your football CV 😉

22 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Not sure where your finding these Celtic fans, rangers forums perhaps.

there was also lots of videos of him at the time being utterly pissed in Celtic bars after matches that I don’t particularly like in a manager

Maybe it's the fans he got utterly pissed with in bars that like him.

• Like 3

Not sure what to make of this appointment yet. I had never heard of Gregg Broughton and have only done some quick research but he doesn't get too many mentions in the on-line analysis/discussion of Bodo/Glimt's recent success. They have a DOF/head of sport called Aasmund Bjørkan and he seems to be the main spokesman and gets a lot of the credit. I could fully understand if we approached him

Broughton seemed to work with the very young players - as you would expect as he was head of the academy. Jumping from that role to DOF at Rovers is a big leap. Would we ever consider promoting Stuart Jones from his current role at rovers to be DOF?

I can't see Knutsen coming to work under someone who was a few steps below him in the pecking order at his previous club.

I really hope it goes well.

Edited by Crimpshrine
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Not sure what to make of this appointment yet. I had never heard of Gregg Broughton and have only done some quick research but he doesn't get too many mentions in the on-line analysis/discussion of Bodo/Glimt's recent success. They have a DOF/head of sport called Aasmund Bjørkan and he seems to be the main spokesman and gets a lot of the credit. I could fully understand if we approached him

Broughton seemed to work with the very young players - as you would expect as he was head of the academy. Jumping from that role to DOF at Rovers is a big leap. Would we ever consider promoting Stuart Jones from his current role at rovers to be DOF?

I can't see Knutsen coming to work under someone who was a few steps below him in the pecking order at his previous club.

I really hope it goes well.

You just had to be that guy hey lol 

54 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I get the point, ie you don’t want him, fair enough, but there really isn’t enough evidence on his CV to write him off.

He wasn’t a failure at Celtic in terms of results. He isn’t a failure at his present club.

Whoever we appoint there will be an element of risk.

I’m a bit more concerned about the relationship between whoever gets it and Broughton, especially if he’s annoyed the manager at his previous club.

• Like 3

@Neal

I just watched the ten minute interview on rovers.co.uk and I feel exactly the same.

Cautiously optimistic. The main thing that resonated with me is the importance of having a long term goal and plan.

• Like 5

Not really interested in what is said. Waggott has said plenty and delivered little, Paul Senior was the best talker going and had fans eating out of his hands in the lounges before games, yet did little and left.

Proof will be in the pudding.

First up - new manager. Let's see what he delivers.

Second up - transfer window - a lot to be done

Third up- longer term. Will he have power and decision making ability or just another voice to put further distance between the owners and fans.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, JBiz said:

@Neal

I just watched the ten minute interview on rovers.co.uk and I feel exactly the same.

Cautiously optimistic. The main thing that resonated with me is the importance of having a long term goal and plan.

I watched it too…he’s very very focused. My feeling is that if they give him the autonomy he needs, he will deliver what they want with bells on!

Its also clear that there’s not going to be loads of cash. He referred to two separate clubs where he’s been able to generate millions of pounds in income and still delivered the goals.

It looks like he will focus on youth development and clever player trading to generate cash like Brentford. Fair play, the first time in 12yrs that the vision seems clear and reasonable. 

• Like 6