BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 25/4/22

5 minutes ago, BigUts said:

Not if he costs £3.5m!

I can't see us paying that for anyone who isn't a striker to be honest, and even then only if Brereton goes. Having said that it begs the question as to why we would agree in principle to that price if we never had any intention of paying it. Maybe we only saw him as a short term loan and the prospect of buying him for a few quid smoothed out the move in January?

• Like 1

Zeefuik flattered to deceive but personally i don't think he's physically up to championship football.  Nor does he fancy it that much he reminds me of another Henley who'll break down every few weeks.

He might fancy the wages though but i think Rovers would be daft to spend money on him. They'd be better giving Nyambe the money !

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Zeefuik flattered to deceive but personally i don't think he's physically up to championship football.  Nor does he fancy it that much he reminds me of another Henley who'll break down every few weeks.

He might fancy the wages though but i think Rovers would be daft to spend money on him. They'd be better giving Nyambe the money !

He might be unlucky with the timing of his injuries, but it's a massive red flag that he's missed so much football already.

Perhaps he's still a v. decent player at this level, but we'd be mad to risk millions of pounds on finding out. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

He might be unlucky with the timing of his injuries, but it's a massive red flag that he's missed so much football already.

Perhaps he's still a v. decent player at this level, but we'd be mad to risk millions of pounds on finding out. 

He seemed quite quick and that would suit Mowbrays wing back system they seem to put pace before defensive ability.

Apart from that i didn't see much in him if i'm honest but i think we are highly likely to see JRC starting there next season. That's a whole other debate.

17 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I think so too. He didn't score but played well last night. 

I said a week or two ago that the Sheffield Utd loss was the worst one. It's looking more prescient as the end nears. I still don't understand why Khadra took the penalty.

I don't understand why Dack just back from a long lay off was allowed to take a penalty that he missed,it all adds up to nearly made the play offs.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He seemed quite quick and that would suit Mowbrays wing back system they seem to put pace before defensive ability.

Apart from that i didn't see much in him if i'm honest but i think we are highly likely to see JRC starting there next season. That's a whole other debate.

Hard to speculate too much when we don't know who the manager will be, but if Mowbray was to stay on I can see it being a loan replacement for Nyambe, with whatever money we have for permanent deals being spent elsewhere.

I get the sense that he'd like to move JRC to a less physically demanding position than wing back if possible, but equally I doubt that he'd want to use our budget to bring in two right backs if he can help it, so he might be forced to carry on with him there. 

I'm 99% convinced it'll be the same set up in the technical area next season his smirk after the Preston game said it all.

So going back to JRC i'm not sure hes tried it enough with him yet to realize it doesn't work, we know how stubborn this manager is. So many other areas are going to need covering with the loans and the transfer budget in cash terms to spend will be 500k probably.

That'll go on another midfielder i'd wager.

Edited by tomphil

12 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Nyambe gives us no attacking threat. He's a bang average Championship full back. 

He certainly is overrated by one or two, he (like basically all of all our players) isn't one of the very, very best at this level and talk of giving a player like him a send off perhaps shows how far we have fallen under Venkys! But he almost certainly will not be replaced with someone of equal quality, and he is our best full back, he certainly doesn't have the defensive deficiencies that Pickering has on the other side.

Lenihan (even if he stayed, which he wont) certainly isn't  the answer at right back over a period of time, technically very lacking so he wouldn't offer an attacking threat either. Of course the selection to have him at right back the other night was a very good one by the manager.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Nyambe gives us no attacking threat. He's a bang average Championship full back. 

Problem is replacing him with another competent average Championship full back for nothing.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

Did anybody else notice the signal from one of our players to the Nobbers fans? It's funny because I thought it was the first not second goal.

I saw the old guy in a cloth cap behind the goals giving the Rovers players the double V’s after one of the first couple of goals. Hilarious.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, rigger said:

(Brown )He played for the U23s on Monday, and was very impressive at full-back. 

Is he on trial? He's not included in the squads of any of the teams on Rovers' web site.