BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 25/4/22

It makes you want to tear what's left of your hair out when Rovers play like that after the dismal efforts of the past few months and the points we have (literally) thrown away. I think I'd have preferred a dull draw tonight because at least it would have been consistent with the form since the new year and not given fans false hope.

Who wound the Rovers players up tonight because the way we approached and played the match was completely at odds with so many recent games when most of the team (and the manager) looked as if they couldn't care less? It doesn't make sense

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

It makes you want to tear what's left of your hair out when Rovers play like that after the dismal efforts of the past few months and the points we have (literally) thrown away. I think I'd have preferred a dull draw tonight because at least it would have been consistent with the form since the new year and not given fans false hope.

Who wound the Rovers players up tonight because the way we approached and played the match was completely at odds with so many recent games when most of the team (and the manager) looked as if they couldn't care less? It doesn't make sense

Its the sort of result where youbdon't know whether to laugh or cry.

If only we hadn't conceded those 2 late late goals at Peterborough or the even later one at Coventry we'd be right in there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 47er said:

Its the sort of result where youbdon't know whether to laugh or cry.

If only we hadn't conceded those 2 late late goals at Peterborough or the even later one at Coventry we'd be right in there.

We've been saying this type.of thing now for 3 seasons...Time for a change, there is no pressure to perform under pressure round here.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

hedges gives a bit more beef than dolan,he`s hard to knock off the ball,dolan for me is a genuine winger,no matter what mowbray does with him

Thought he got knocked over quite a bit tonight actually. Won a few free kicks from it though. We know that receiving free kicks isn't something we can rely on from refs in this league though...

Hedges played quite well, good to finally see what he has in his locker after worrying it was going to be a very poor signing. Aberdeen fans supposedly said he can be inconsistent though, so that will be the test.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

What if we'd have turned up like that at Peterborough, Coventry, Reading or at home v Stoke, Blackpool or Bristol City. We'd be ready for the play-offs already. But we knew that just as it was about to become mathematically impossible the tide would turn.

It's the 'or' in that first sentence that points out why this plays on the mind. Just playing like this in one of those matches would have put us in with a really strong chance now. Two and it would almost be a formality.

All teams who miss out narrowly on their target look back on a season and question all the results they could have had, sure, but the reason this sticks in the craw is because we have been so dire for so long now. This run has been abysmal and as usual we kick into gear just when it's too late. Either Tony or the players have been bottle jobs for years, and as the most common denominator is Tony, I'm going to say it's him. Can't handle the pressure, as shown by his petulance in the press room whenever it's on.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Season over so they return to form when it doesn't matter

This Rovers team and the club's management have cheated the fans

It's almost as if they planned it.....

Kinda what I said.  It matters to Mowbary, it helps secure him a new fat contract.  Look Madame look how close I got us.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, A Northern Horde... said:

A great win...UP YOURS PRESTON!😄

Get yourselves down to Ewood on Saturday Rovers fans and lets see if we can do it.

Yes, at least this win turns a potential dead rubber into what could be a quite tasty affair as long as Sheff Utd don't beat QPR Friday night.

If nothing else it would be pretty satisfying to help deny Bournemouth automatic promotion after their attempts to unsettle the much maligned Joe Rothwell who incidentally I thought was excellent last night.

Let's show the Bournemouth players what a real crowd looks like!

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Thought he got knocked over quite a bit tonight actually. Won a few free kicks from it though. We know that receiving free kicks isn't something we can rely on from refs in this league though...

Hedges played quite well, good to finally see what he has in his locker after worrying it was going to be a very poor signing. Aberdeen fans supposedly said he can be inconsistent though, so that will be the test.

Blimey, if that's one of his good games we're in trouble. Thought he was woeful.

Must have been trained by Keith Andrews. Does a lot of pointing, including bizarrely when he has the ball.

29 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

@roversfan99

back in early feb I had a debate with you about pushing buckley further back and you disagreed wanting him to be the false 9 nonsense, well he has just played his best game in a rovers shirt playing deeper, thoughts?

There is very little doubt that playing Buckley deeper is the way. His eye for a pass and nicking the ball back, are his biggest attributes. Yes he got a rare goal, but he is a play maker and will provide a killer pass time after time, when played in that deeper role.

Despite the doubts he has put in some peoples minds, he is a class act and can only blame the manager for the frustration certain people feel about him.

Edited by lraC
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I was going to try and have a couple of Mowbray free days but after just seeing his interview I feel narked. He refers to pressure again and the players not handling it too well over recent months. He really should look in the mirror as, based on the evidence of the last five years he doesn't handle pressure too well. His death spirals (of which he has overseen several) are real evidence of this.

I'd argue the pressure to get promoted from league 1 at the first attempt dwarfs the pressure of trying to get us into the prem. As bad as things are in some ways now, I dread to think how much worse they'd have been if we got stuck in the third tier for another year and perhaps beyond. 

This isn't excusing our post new year form, only pointing out the evidence of where pressure was handled well. Not to mention how we started that league 1 campaign somewhat indifferently, to put it mildly. 

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

He’s just a very, very bad loser.

Aren’t we all? But we are fans, not a professional. 

His body language and attitude is absolutely shocking towards his players every time we go on a bad run… but he was back to being their proud dad/grandad on his Sky interview last night.

He needs to grow up.

I noticed last night when rovers were winning he had an air of smugness about him was more animated like hey look at me. When rovers are losing he folds himself up so no one can see him

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, alex l said:

I'd argue the pressure to get promoted from league 1 at the first attempt dwarfs the pressure of trying to get us into the prem. As bad as things are in some ways now, I dread to think how much worse they'd have been if we got stuck in the third tier for another year and perhaps beyond. 

This isn't excusing our post new year form, only pointing out the evidence of where pressure was handled well. Not to mention how we started that league 1 campaign somewhat indifferently, to put it mildly. 

A good manager would deflect any perceived pressure on to himself away from the players. This bloke keeps heaping it back to the players by talking about it in lots of interviews. It's strange he didn't mention it when we won ten in eleven earlier this season. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Silas said:

Coventry 99th min equaliser for me.

Could well be 2pts would have done it come season end.

Still fuming. 

Don't even know where the added 6 mins came from. 

Yeah way too many to count. Even the home Coventry game back in October. 2 up and ends 2-2. Peterborough last week. Way too many easily spring to mind. Reading. The Gallagher miss before they score. Forest at home. Swansea away. Glaring misses and errors that have come back to haunt us massively.

• Like 2