BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 25/4/22

Massive win, but will it be enough?

Bournemouth have 3 games in a week with ours sandwiched in the middle, hopefully we can take advantage of that and pick up a narrow win.

Luton and Sheffield both have difficult away games on the weekend as well.

If we can go into the last game of the season with both 5th and 6th place still in reach then we have every chance of making it. 

More fans there than expected. It was one I planned to fly in for until it was moved to Monday (I was grateful for that after Easter!)

I though Lenihan was superb at RB. 

Waggott will be happy we might shift a few more for Bournemouth now

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miker said:

Massive win, but will it be enough?

Bournemouth have 3 games in a week with ours sandwiched in the middle, hopefully we can take advantage of that and pick up a narrow win.

Luton and Sheffield both have difficult away games on the weekend as well.

If we can go into the last game of the season with both 5th and 6th place still in reach then we have every chance of making it. 

We can only finish level on points with Luton. They are at home to Reading the last game of the season there’s no way they don’t win or draw that. 6th is our only hope now but it’s still a big ask. 

I should be buzzing after that, it's just tinged with a bit of frustration knowing we SHOULD have played that for the past few months!

Literally every player played well, mainly down to them playing in their proper positions, who would have thought it? Lenihan who perhaps was the most out of position offered more in 1 game going forward than Nyambe has the last few months.

All eyes on Loftus Road on Friday I guess, Saturday COULD be absolutely huge!

Rovers have been very good tonight and given a proper 90 mins performance. Every player deserved a 8 out of 10. The change to back and playing 4-2-3-1 and pressing from the front is the tactic we should have been playing games ago when I kept saying we should have change to it 

Buckley was very good and did a job on Whiteman, 4 very good goals and a team playing on front foot and attacking PNE. The Rovers fans were excellent again. Well done to the players for going over the fans at the end of the game. 

Mowbray made the right decision to switch to 4-2-3-1 and its a shame he didn't do sooner. But what is done is done. We still have a chance of playoffs now. So lets go and grab it. Hopefully results go for us. 

I will enjoyed the win and performance tonight. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Butty said:

We can only finish level on points with Luton. They are at home to Reading the last game of the season there’s no way they don’t win or draw that. 6th is our only hope now but it’s still a big ask. 

If Luton lose both, and we win both, we are above them. 

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

I should be buzzing after that, it's just tinged with a bit of frustration knowing we SHOULD have played that for the past few months!

Literally every player played well, mainly down to them playing in their proper positions, who would have thought it? Lenihan who perhaps was the most out of position offered more in 1 game going forward than Nyambe has the last few months.

All eyes on Loftus Road on Friday I guess, Saturday COULD be absolutely huge!

A tinge of frustration? 

Literally 2 more performances like that, just 2, over the last 15 games and we would still be in the playoffs. Probably would have gotten away with a slightly lower performance and still got in.

It's mega frustrating.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, den said:

Fantastic performance aided hugely by PNE allowing us acres to run into behind their back four. 
Did their manager not do his homework?

Very happy tonight.

Preston played a back 3 in the first half before their manager Ryan Lowe change to back 4 for the second half

Jesus the dropped points and what seemed a never ending death spiral really is sickening when you think how comfortable in getting into the playoffs we should have been from the position we were in.

Every team suffer freak results and let stuff slip, that's part of football but my God we took the absolute piss.