BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 25/4/22

39 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

When Bucko dropped deeper into a midfield 3 he was by far the best player on the pitch imo, thinks quicker than everyone else. Has to  be played there next season.

I’ve said for a long time, in the correct position Buckley is top notch.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Great result. Great performance. But I’m full of resentment still. All they - and I say they because I mean everyone collectively in the first team - had to do was do this a couple of times over the last 8 games. 

20 games more like.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He can't even talk properly....could he be taken seriously.?

I've always thought his voice and personality seemed pretty weak for a manager, but tbf he's had a respectable career in the lower leagues, 100% not the man to take us forward though it would just be a side step (at best) to employ a manager like Grayson, he's definitely a manager like Mowbray who's best days are well behind him.

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

We played well tonight for a change. Preston looked very ordinary, I wouldn’t be preferring any of their players to ours on tonight’s showing.

I’d give everybody a 7/10 bar Pickering and Hedges. I wasn’t impressed with either of those two. Pickering’s not quick enough for fullback and what did Hedges actually do ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

20 games more like.

I mean this with all due respect, but when Chaddy has been posting for 3 weeks what Mowbray needs to do to turn the form around and Tony still can’t bring himself to either do it or can’t see that’s what needs to be done, we’ve really hit a new point in the twilight zone. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Hate to be a cynic (but that's what Mowbray brings out in us/me) but I think tonight was just a little buffer, I'm expecting us to get a proper walloping from Bournemouth now (obviously I'd love to be proved wrong though!!)

he`s nailed on to look at bournemouths team and change the formation completely,probably go to his trusted wide striker formula,he can`t help himself,it`s just what he does

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That's his position, push and close high up when we don't have the ball then drop back in to set off the counters. Cracking little player but stick him false 9 every week and he is lost, absolutely infuriating from the manager.

Tried to tell this to some on here at the start of the bad form and they insisted he had to play up top because it helped out press , clueless 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gav said:

He won 3 games in 26 and Balaji gave him a new contract, which one was the clincher?

I thought it was Mrs Kean and Anderson engineered that one whilst Barry and 3rd wheel were coming over to the Wigan game...to sack him ?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DE. said:

That was the 4-3 in September 2011 I believe -at the time there were strong rumours of Kean potentially getting the sack (all BS as we know now - if he hadn't walked who knows if the clowns in charge of the club would ever (or could ever) have removed him). One of the flukiest games you'll ever see - Arsenal scored two own goals to help us out. 

We followed it up by going on an 8 game winless streak, losing 5 of them.

That's the one. I thought it was later in the season but I remember rumours of his demise as the protests were in full swing then and supporters had turned on him but he slimed his way out with a win

9 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Hate to be a cynic (but that's what Mowbray brings out in us/me) but I think tonight was just a little buffer, I'm expecting us to get a proper walloping from Bournemouth now (obviously I'd love to be proved wrong though!!)

We will win against Bournemouth and lose/draw the final game of the season. That’s the Tony Mowbray way. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Well, well, well. Where did that performance come from? On the evidence of the last couple of months I doubt anybody, including Mowbray and the players, was that coming. It was full of intensity, pride, purpose, attacking and positive play, four qualities we have been glaringly lacking for some time. I'm still glowing from the performance but as the players came over at the end I couldn't help thinking that tonight could have been a promotion party and what a way to have done it. Highlight of the game for me was the goal from Travis. The pass to him, his touch and finish made me happier than I've been for a while at a game.

It changes nothing for me though in my thoughts and opinion of Mowbray and his staff. Throw Waggott and the owners into that too but for the next couple of days I'm going to bask in what I thought was the performance of the season.

Had to happen Tony after your pre-match comment that Lenihan at fullback would add good crosses and a goal…!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Well, well, well. Where did that performance come from? On the evidence of the last couple of months I doubt anybody, including Mowbray and the players, was that coming. It was full of intensity, pride, purpose, attacking and positive play, four qualities we have been glaringly lacking for some time. I'm still glowing from the performance but as the players came over at the end I couldn't help thinking that tonight could have been a promotion party and what a way to have done it. Highlight of the game for me was the goal from Travis. The pass to him, his touch and finish made me happier than I've been for a while at a game.

It changes nothing for me though in my thoughts and opinion of Mowbray and his staff. Throw Waggott and the owners into that too but for the next couple of days I'm going to bask in what I thought was the performance of the season.

Some of the interplay was sublime and I agree the Travis goal was a wonderful moment.  

• Like 1

He's already lining up the excuses for Saturday.

Pound to a penny he has them sitting back again and trying to keep the ball across the back 4 after another 3 team changes. Reverting to that and too much swapping around has been a huge part of the problem. Pace far too slow and makes players and fans nervous which contributes to the 'difficult enviroment' excuse.  

It's all down to his and their own making, just get out there and get after them and stop poncing around with championship standard players. Let them do what they can do.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I totally agree. I think we might get walloped against Bournemouth but we might get a draw or even a win. I’d love to be proved wrong. But I’m just a cynic like you.

Great result albeit likely to be too little far too late. Pleased for the travelling fans who had a good night for once but in reality it means the square root of naff all if we fail to make the play offs. You could give a lot more credit where it's due if we'd been on a terrible run but just about managed to pull it round whilst it was still in our own hands NOT after.

Eerie parallels possibly to the relegation season under Mowbray when we started very well under him and temporarily got our noses above water then embarked on a terrible run of one win in seven games, then won the last two when it was too late.

How can that happen with 2 completely different sets of players?

• Like 6

We can beat Bournemouth we already have although they weren't as strong as now obviously. However we can beat anyone bar Fulham in this division playing like tonight if the defeatist in charge gets his team right and lets them have a go.

There is no pressure on us it's all on them they'll have plenty of the ball and our classic counter attacking game is back. All set up for a belter so why he has to start going on in public about it being on us is plain stupid. If you want to keep it off them you don't start waffling on about it you should be piping into tonights confidence and installing belief.

Unreal comments again.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4

Lenihan always going to work at RB in a 4 against Ryan Lowe's system with the likes of Cunningham at wing-back. He wants to play a dynamic 3-5-2 but hasn't got the personnel for it. Lenihan might not have Nyambe's pace but he won everything in the air on that channel and he's one of the better crossers of the ball we have.

Hedges was just a left footed Brereton Díaz tonight. Physically sound and technically impressive.

Travis got forward more which you like to see and Rothwell put his best shift in for months. Pickering a bit quiet but everyone very impressive really.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Not to piss on the Buckley parade, but Twitter trends are determined by your own interests and the number of mentions and the particular hashtag used will vary greatly depending on what you set your location and language to be.

So, not that surprising to have Buckley trending if you're a Rovers supporter and follow a fair number of Rovers, Championship, and football accounts.

Ok, ok, Bucko is trending for me on twitter.

As an aside, I thought the "for you" section was based on your follows etc. I just assumed trending was trending. 

Everyday is a school day.

Just now, JoeH said:

Lenihan always going to work at RB in a 4 against Ryan Lowe's system with the likes of Cunningham at wing-back. He wants to play a dynamic 3-5-2 but hasn't got the personnel for it. Lenihan might not have Nyambe's pace but he won everything in the air on that channel and he's one of the better crossers of the ball we have.

Hedges was just a left footed Brereton Díaz tonight. Physically sound and technically impressive.

Travis got forward more which you like to see and Rothwell put his best shift in for months. Pickering a bit quiet but everyone very impressive really.

He needs to play Hedges on Saturday, he looked up for it. Not from the bench.

• Like 5