BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2022/2023 Pre Season Thread

This is a competitive game, and I know we're playing superior opposition but that's no excuse for sloppy play. Can't seem to string two passes together unless we're defending in which case we're trying to pass out of trouble, no pace, no movement. Need two fullbacks, a centre half, centre forward and a decent winger.

Pretty much half a team then 🙄

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

Pickering has been skinned more times in this first half than Nyambe in his entire Rovers career.

This doesn't add up. The xG lot said he was brilliant. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, booth said:

This is a competitive game, and I know we're playing superior opposition but that's no excuse for sloppy play. Can't seem to string two passes together unless we're defending in which case we're trying to pass out of trouble, no pace, no movement. Need two fullbacks, a centre half, centre forward and a decent winger.

Pretty much half a team then 🙄

You can't lose 5 first team players and not replace them with equal players or obviously you go backwards.  

• Like 1

I said in the transfer thread left back in was the biggest issue for me and that's in a team that needs alot of work...today hopefully brings to light just how bad we need a decent one because going on with Pickering is asking for trouble.

6 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Pickering is shite.  On paper a decent punt from lower league but his lack of pace is ridiculous.

He started well for the first few months but since he came back from injury he’s been pretty poor, and he’s been back long enough now. Worrying.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

He started well unfortunately the first few months but since he came back from injury he’s been pretty poor, and he’s been back long enough now. Worrying.

Glad you acknowledged he is back long enough so fair play. It's not an excuse anymore, there are none.