BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2022/2023 Pre Season Thread

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

🤣 knew it would only be a minute before the first bite🤣

I imagine Tony’s happy clappers are having a melt down. 

To quote the illustrious Paul Ince, “we’re not fighting relegation…yet” 😂

7 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I know it’s only pre season, but that first game was shite.

One positive is that at least JDT knows how shite the squad is bar 6/7 players. Hopefully he can get into Greg to get into Swag, to get into Suhail, to get into to the owners and ask them to get their hands in their sky rockets and sign us some decent players. 

• Like 4

Second team is far worse on paper. Thankful we won't have to line up with that in the Championship.

Were we really as bad in that first half as some said? Neophox said we had a goal disallowed for offside, hit the post and had another cleared off the line. Doesn't sound as terrible or dull as I'm being told.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Second team is far worse on paper. Thankful we won't have to line up with that in the Championship.

Were we really as bad in that first half as some said? Neophox said we had a goal disallowed for offside, hit the post and had another cleared off the line. Doesn't sound as terrible or dull as I'm being told.

There’s a couple of videos on the Blackburn Rovers Supporters group on Facebook. One of Gally being Gally and being completely unable to control a pass from 3 yards and the worst free kick I’ve seen in quite a while. 

9 minutes ago, Dan said:

One positive is that at least JDT knows how shite the squad is bar 6/7 players. Hopefully he can get into Greg to get into Swag, to get into Suhail, to get into to the owners and ask them to get their hands in their sky rockets and sign us some decent players. 

There was an old lady who swallowed a fly…

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Did we at least get to see the high intensity and High press style JDT wants?

To be fair it's an extremely hot day today.

That's the only concession I'll give them though, the result doesn't matter but the fact we're three key first teamers down  plus JPVH and to a lesser extent Khedra and maybe even BBD in due course very much does.

Really not bothered about anything other than gaining fitness & avoiding serious injuries. Niggles are inevitable.

Result & overall performance matters diddly squat. They've not played a match in over 2 months; I'm sure most of us would hardly be at our best on the first day of our return to work if we'd had 8 weeks away from the front line!

Garrett, Phillips and Dolan the only ones to come out of the first half with anything worth considering. Carter looks OK, but no better than Phillips and I was expecting better. There certainly isn’t enough in these young players, based on that, to have loads of them around the first team. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Could the Stanley players not say the same thing. Friendly or not this is shite. Yes it’s only a friendly but Jesus wept 

Not sure if this is their first game or not, but I'm still not bothered if it is. I'm sure (hope) they've been told just to ease themselves back in whilst trying to learn new tactical approaches from a whole new management team.