BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2022/2023 Pre Season Thread

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

We played Celtic in a hastily arranged friendly on a Sunday in 2010 when we were a PL club. There were a few hundred Rovers fans there and the ground was nearly empty.

Now it might be different this time with more advanced warning and it being a Saturday but I would still expect one block to be more than enough.

Also a large number of those seats, especially those in block 120, are obstructed views due to the old main stand pillars

Celtic’s forthcoming home friendlies are included in their 2022-23 season ticket, so there should be a decent crowd on. My lad went to Rangers for the friendly 12 months or so ago and I think he said that Rovers took around a thousand, so I would expect similar at Celtic Park. For ease of segregation, I think we’ll still get the full corner, even if we most certainly won’t sell all the tickets for that area.

5 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I ended up buying a couple of tickets in the Accy home end behind the goal.

There was only a handful of single seats left anywhere.

Excellent. Should be a good atmosphere.

Drove past Bamber Bridge FC tonight, they were playing Wigan, must've been heaving - saw at least 10 cars parked on the road outside the ground - car park must've been chokka! 😁

16 minutes ago, HolliBrown4 said:

see wharton has a video posted on the tube

coaches saying he is one of the most technically gifted in setup. like to see him get a few run outs this season if that is correct. not much here but still channel does not look like a joke.

He is a talented kid for certain. He needs to be managed correctly now and I think JDT and his staff will do that. Patience is the key.

7 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Excellent. Should be a good atmosphere.

Drove past Bamber Bridge FC tonight, they were playing Wigan, must've been heaving - saw at least 10 cars parked on the road outside the ground - car park must've been chokka! 😁

However on Saturday bamber bridge had close to their record attendance on with over 2000 when they played Preston

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

He is a talented kid for certain. He needs to be managed correctly now and I think JDT and his staff will do that. Patience is the key.

His awareness of what is happening around him, will be the key to his future. He could turn out to be one of those midfielders that always see to have time on the ball and don't panic, because of that awareness. 

On 01/07/2022 at 13:50, rigger said:
On 01/07/2022 at 12:12, Tricky said:

are we having any friendlies/games behind closed doors at ewood?

seems daft to wait until our first game of the championship

No and why.

missed this one, i think it could have been a huge positive for the local/nearby fans to be given the opportunity plus for the players themselves, getting some familiarity of the pitch surface and arena after so long away, but hey ho.

3 minutes ago, Tricky said:

missed this one, i think it could have been a huge positive for the local/nearby fans to be given the opportunity plus for the players themselves, getting some familiarity of the pitch surface and arena after so long away, but hey ho.

If the game was to be behind closed doors, then no fans would be going. The atmosphere would be totally different , so the players would get no familiarity. The surface is grass, not synthetic, I would expect professional players to be familiar with the surface and be able to play on it.

12 minutes ago, rigger said:
21 minutes ago, Tricky said:

If the game was to be behind closed doors, then no fans would be going. The atmosphere would be totally different , so the players would get no familiarity. The surface is grass, not synthetic, I would expect professional players to be familiar with the surface and be able to play on it.

should have been 'or games...' - missed opportunity either way,

9 hours ago, Rogerb said:

However on Saturday bamber bridge had close to their record attendance on with over 2000 when they played Preston

Chorley had over 3000 on for the game against Bolton at the weekend,good preseason crowds going on for the non league clubs,some welcome money being made.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tricky said:

Identical pitch at the training centre, down to an exact science. Really clever stuff!

21 hours ago, rigger said:

His awareness of what is happening around him, will be the key to his future. He could turn out to be one of those midfielders that always see to have time on the ball and don't panic, because of that awareness. 

yeh for sure confidence in his technical ability should make him able to dictate the play better by going into spaces knowing what he is going to do with the ball.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Can anyone recommend places to park in Accrington on Saturday for the game?

Thanks.

Impossible at Accy. Head right to the ground and carry on with the stadium on your left. Housing estate on your right is just full of street parking. You might end up a good 5/10 min walk away.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Impossible at Accy. Head right to the ground and carry on with the stadium on your left. Housing estate on your right is just full of street parking. You might end up a good 5/10 min walk away.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just on the streets around the ground. Plenty of spaces. You might be even been allowed to park behind the away end. 

So which is it?

32 minutes ago, Mike E said:

So which is it?

Well it's always been my experience that the streets around the ground are very thin, there's trees all over the sides of the roads and driveways. Unless you're there very early, you end up a walk away.

It depends what time you arrive. About an hour before kick off there will be plenty of street parking but given that there should be a big crowd these will be taken up quickly. There is a big car park behind the away end on Livingstone Road and last season a donation was required to access this.

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

It depends what time you arrive. About an hour before kick off there will be plenty of street parking but given that there should be a big crowd these will be taken up quickly. There is a big car park behind the away end on Livingstone Road and last season a donation was required to access this.

Accrington Cricket Club last season was letting away fans park on their car park and use the clubhouse.

Not sure if they will with the cricket season on ,maybe depends on whether their "1st's" are at home or away.

Cricket club ten minutes walk away.