BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2022/2023 Pre Season Thread

Celtic have had their six pre season friendlies (including the Rovers) arranged for some time and, If I remember correctly, have had some sort of bundle out to watch these on Celtic tv.

I’ll be fecking pissed off, if the Rovers game is to be cancelled, because we’ve had our train tickets sorted for a couple of weeks now.

1 hour ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Celtic have had their six pre season friendlies (including the Rovers) arranged for some time and, If I remember correctly, have had some sort of bundle out to watch these on Celtic tv.

I’ll be fecking pissed off, if the Rovers game is to be cancelled, because we’ve had our train tickets sorted for a couple of weeks now.

Ditto!

38 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Ditto!

What train you on Nick? Ours is the 9.00 from Preston, gets in at 11.30 ish, so it’ll be a taxi to the ground but we can grab a pint or two after the game. You too, Andy, if you’re reading this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

What train you on Nick? Ours is the 9.00 from Preston, gets in at 11.30 ish, so it’ll be a taxi to the ground but we can grab a pint or two after the game. You too, Andy, if you’re reading this.

I’ve PMd you Mark, 8.03 out of Preston.

2 hours ago, CheshireRover said:

Yeah, I called the club this afternoon. Expectation is they'll be on sale on Monday, details beforehand (they hope). Celtic have sent the allocation down.

Always "expected" and "hoped" with our lot.

Never "will be".

On 30/06/2022 at 21:38, Claytons Left Boot said:

I’m heading up to Fife after the game but can surely squeeze a pint in 🍻😉

• Like 1

On 30/06/2022 at 18:32, CheshireRover said:

Been told this evening that the Celtic friendly is off as they’re abroad.

Given that they play in Czech Republic against Banik Ostrava and then Legia Warsaw away, I’d say they don’t want to travel back for a friendly against Rovers.

Utter nonsense mate, not sure where or why these rumours start.

On 02/07/2022 at 05:26, CD_93 said:

Long throw drills? My goodness, maybe we can get some of the basics right.

Something Mowbary never looked at.  I was stunned to watch Tosi. taking, pretty decent, long throws for Fulham.  Never once saw him take one for us.  There was another ex player of ours doin it too that never did for us, I wanna saw Amare Bell?  Mowbary must of figured no point in doin that silly ass stuff if your tall players are out on the wing.  Why would he just ignore that potential.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Something Mowbary never looked at.  I was stunned to watch Tosi. taking, pretty decent, long throws for Fulham.  Never once saw him take one for us.  There was another ex player of ours doin it too that never did for us, I wanna saw Amare Bell?  Mowbary must of figured no point in doin that silly ass stuff if your tall players are out on the wing.  Why would he just ignore that potential.

We can't expect one of the worst managers in all four divisions of England to pay attention to things like that, can we?

By his own words, he didn't do tactics, he didn't do set pieces, he didn't look at the league table, he chose not to spend money when he had it, he chose not to bring in a striker or two in January when he could have done, he looked at performances over results.

I doubt he'll better an 8th place finish in the Championship ever again.

Hopefully, some of the lads will regain their confidence and have the freedom to show what they can do under JDT now.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

We can't expect one of the worst managers in all four divisions of England to pay attention to things like that, can we?

By his own words, he didn't do tactics, he didn't do set pieces, he didn't look at the league table, he chose not to spend money when he had it, he chose not to bring in a striker or two in January when he could have done, he looked at performances over results.

I doubt he'll better an 8th place finish in the Championship ever again.

Hopefully, some of the lads will regain their confidence and have the freedom to show what they can do under JDT now.

Blatantly wasnt true was it. One in the middle would be fairer, and the league finishes under him would back that up. And much of the stuff he said in the second paragraph was quite clearly crap when he was asked difficult question when in poor form and had nothing constructive to say. He didnt actually not care about results or league table but youd be reluctant to focus on it publically when youve lost a few in a row.

The change is correct and lets hope Tomason can push us on higher than 8th now but I dont get so many peoples fascination to mention Mowbray and massively exaggerate his shortfalls every 5 minutes.

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Blatantly wasnt true was it. One in the middle would be fairer, and the league finishes under him would back that up. And much of the stuff he said in the second paragraph was quite clearly crap when he was asked difficult question when in poor form and had nothing constructive to say. He didnt actually not care about results or league table but youd be reluctant to focus on it publically when youve lost a few in a row.

The change is correct and lets hope Tomason can push us on higher than 8th now but I dont get so many peoples fascination to mention Mowbray and massively exaggerate his shortfalls every 5 minutes.

because tony was infuriating manager who  played everyone out of position and came up with various systems that confused everyone,he was a poor man manager as well as a poor communicator and coach,he should have got more out of the players he had,the criminal useage of the excellent harrison read,the fact he overspent on brereton and gallagher when he should have bought centre backs instead and then the blaming of mulgrew and raya when the goals against did`nt stop,the continued picking of evans and bennett,when neither of them contributed anything(though bennett was useful when played in midfield,he at least was a good crosser of the ball,he was`nt put there often enough)

all in all i think mowbray was a poor manager who had delusions of grandeur,despite being well backed by the owners he did`nt do much for me,there were dozens of games when the players looked completely confused by his crazy set ups

• Like 3