BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2022/2023 Pre Season Thread

6 hours ago, JoeH said:

Well it's always been my experience that the streets around the ground are very thin, there's trees all over the sides of the roads and driveways. Unless you're there very early, you end up a walk away.

Spot on Joe.

The roads around the ground are as you say. And the streets on the other side of Whalley Rd opposite the Crown pub have houses which most have drives making very limited parking ..and irate householders!!

Another imo opinion better  suggestion would be to park at the Whittaker Arms on Burnley Rd ,Walk down Whitewell Rd (virtually directly across from the pub) ..across the railway bridge ,past the cricket ground and onto Stanley 15-20mins walk at the tops. Large beer garden at the Whittakers too. Quick getaway up Burnley Rd to the M65 too. You may even get to see the Italian Womens Euro  squad training as they are based at the Stanley Hub directly next to the cricket ground ..

And a further 5-10mins walk  away off Burnley Rd is the Peel Park .Parking there too ..big beer garden and you can drink and survey Stanleys old ground in front of you plus look at the old Stanley pictures on the pub walls.

Screenshot 2022-07-07 174716.jpg

Edited by HowieFive0
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Mike E said:

So which is it?

I will be either parking on the car park behind the away end stand but there is loads of space around the ground on the streets. 

Mike, Don't you live close to it anyway?

6 hours ago, JoeH said:

Well it's always been my experience that the streets around the ground are very thin, there's trees all over the sides of the roads and driveways. Unless you're there very early, you end up a walk away.

What time you get they will determine where you can park. I will be getting there early so will get a good parking space. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I suspect not but I wonder if the club will put a stream online?

why? It would be down to Stanley to put the stream on. Given Andy Holt's recent comments I'm not sure he would want this?

53 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Accrington Cricket Club last season was letting away fans park on their car park and use the clubhouse.

Not sure if they will with the cricket season on ,maybe depends on whether their "1st's" are at home or away.

Cricket club ten minutes walk away.

I'm not sure there is much space on there now given that they have been building houses near there and its been used to store Building products on there

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I will be either parking on the car park behind the away end stand but there is loads of space around the ground on the streets. 

Mike, Don't you live close to it anyway?

What time you get they will determine where you can park. I will be getting there early so will get a good parking space. 

why? It would be down to Stanley to put the stream on. Given Andy Holt's recent comments I'm not sure he would want this?

I'm not sure there is much space on there now given that they have been building houses near there and its been used to store Building products on there

Why? Probably because I am interested in whether the game will be streamed, hence why I asked.

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why? Probably because I am interested in whether the game will be streamed, hence why I asked.

you not attend the game? 

If you want the game Streaming, I would suggest you ask their Owner Andy Holt who will reply? He replied to me before and engages with people

Yeah there's loads of free parking within a short distance unless you're particularly bone idle.... 

A better idea is a bit of a pub crawl though,  weathers looking decent for it 😎

Looking forward to welcoming the new gaffer.

• Like 3

Just ordered two tickets for the Celtic game. The online system was only letting me order one ticket and saying that restricted view tickets only were available. This is not the case as I phoned the ticket office and bought two unrestricted tickets together. Just so everyone knows if they struggle with the ordering process.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

Spot on Joe.

The roads around the ground are as you say. And the streets on the other side of Whalley Rd opposite the Crown pub have houses which most have drives making very limited parking ..and irate householders!!

Another imo opinion better  suggestion would be to park at the Whittaker Arms on Burnley Rd ,Walk down Whitewell Rd (virtually directly across from the pub) ..across the railway bridge ,past the cricket ground and onto Stanley 15-20mins walk at the tops. Large beer garden at the Whittakers too. Quick getaway up Burnley Rd to the M65 too. You may even get to see the Italian Womens Euro  squad training as they are based at the Stanley Hub directly next to the cricket ground ..

And a further 5-10mins walk  away off Burnley Rd is the Peel Park .Parking there too ..big beer garden and you can drink and survey Stanleys old ground in front of you plus look at the old Stanley pictures on the pub walls.

Screenshot 2022-07-07 174716.jpg

Good stuff. I was just wondering if there’s any decent boozers vaguely near the ground. Nothing wrong with the crown but it occurred to me the other day it’s literally the only pub ever been to in accy pre rovers/dingles friendlies. Do either of those 2 other ones show sport do you know? Looking to watch the egg chasing pre match

5 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Any chance of Mr A Trialist making an appearance?

I hope A B C D E F G and H all get a run out tomorrow and end up signing because god knows we need the numbers

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
25 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Good stuff. I was just wondering if there’s any decent boozers vaguely near the ground. Nothing wrong with the crown but it occurred to me the other day it’s literally the only pub ever been to in accy pre rovers/dingles friendlies. Do either of those 2 other ones show sport do you know? Looking to watch the egg chasing pre match

The Grey Horse a bit further up the road may have it on. You might be alright going into Coley’s bar if you don’t have colours on….

21 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I suspect not but I wonder if the club will put a stream online?

Asked A Holt on twitter last week, he forwarded it to the Accy MD? who said no streams of any of their pre-season games.

Suprising as there would be a fair amount of interest considering the new Rovers appointments , and for two clubs who need any bit of extra income thought it may have been something that they both may have thought worthwhile. Maybe Rovers never approached Accy

Edited by perthblue02

26 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

The Grey Horse a bit further up the road may have it on. You might be alright going into Coley’s bar if you don’t have colours on….

Coleys bar have tweeted out today that home and away fans are both welcome tomorrow.

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

The Whittakers has Sky ..the Peel doesnt im afraid.

Coleys as as pointed out by @MarkBRFC is allowing Home and Away fans in and does have Sky. Think its a capacity of 300?.

The pubs in the town centre will most probably be open mid morning ,The Bees Knees and The Stanley (used to be The Railway ) on Blackburn Rd are welcoming fans.

As K-hod also pointed out theres The Grey Horse five mins away on Whalley Rd and in the opposite direction ( Clayton-Le-Moors) theres The Albion (very cheap ale) who do have Sky and are also welcoming fans. (20min walk)

7 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Yeah there's loads of free parking within a short distance unless you're particularly bone idle.... 

A better idea is a bit of a pub crawl though,  weathers looking decent for it 😎

Looking forward to welcoming the new gaffer.

Yep the Manchester Rd / Whalley Rd pub crawl is very decent.

Grants , Tiger Lounge ,Arden ,Crafty Fox ,Hustle ,Broadway ,Castle ,Grey Horse ,Crown and then straight to bed..f@ck the footie ..😜

Everyone bar Dack will play tomorrow... interesting. Dack wont be risked.

Could we start?

Kaminski

Carter, Ayala, Wharton, Pickering

Travis

Hedges, Buckley, Markanday

Brereton, Gallagher

Second 60 mins

Pears

Magloire, Phillips, Barnes, Edun

Garrett

Rankin-Costello, Walker, Dolan

Vale, Burns

Maybe Wharton or Butterworth will play instead of Burns.

Edited by neophox

54 minutes ago, neophox said:

Everyone bar Dack will play tomorrow... interesting. Dack wont be risked.

Could we start?

Kaminski

Carter, Ayala, Wharton, Pickering

Travis

Hedges, Buckley, Markanday

Brereton, Gallagher

Second 60 mins

Pears

Magloire, Phillips, Barnes, Edun

Garrett

Rankin-Costello, Walker, Dolan

Vale, Burns

Maybe Wharton or Butterworth will play instead of Burns.

Brown ?

Yeah Brown will get 60 minutes, and considering Butterworth went to Portugal over Burns I'm sure he will get some minute's too.

I also don't think he will go for a strongest 11 and a second string 11, think it will be two mixed sides.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Yeah Brown will get 60 minutes, and considering Butterworth went to Portugal over Burns I'm sure he will get some minute's too.

I also don't think he will go for a strongest 11 and a second string 11, think it will be two mixed sides.

I wonder if Burns will play for the U23's tonight