BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

6 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

A lot of truth in this. We've played badly for 90% of this season as an attacking force. We've won games because in the first half of the season we were taking a chance or two and then defending very well. In some ways it was a carbon copy of that purple patch under Mowbray last season that took us to 2nd. 

There have been a few signs that we can play better football. Thomas will make a difference because he can beat a man and get a cross in. Our usual wide men (Gally, BBD and to a lesser extent Hedges) are useless as creators of chances. 

I watched Sunderland the other day. Mowbray has 3 players just behind the striker. They are Diallo, Roberts and Clarke. All 3 are quick and can beat a man. 

As much as JDT gets on my tits, he needs time to get his own players in. 

he is`nt going to get his own players in,the useless mob in the back office arn`t fit for purpose and the money is`nt apparently there,despite the so called healthy budget,jdt will see it through to april and announce he`s off at the end of the season

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

We have created very few chances in those games.

We have got worse after the manager has had more time with the players which is a big worry.

We are creating chances but we lack a quality striker who can run in behind and score goals. 

Results wise we got worse but chances wise not so for me

3 hours ago, booth said:

I watched all three games, and we had good chances to win those games but Brereton, Gallagher and co fluffed them. It doesn't matter how much you want to believe otherwise.

1012626501_Screenshot2023-02-11at14_29_45.thumb.png.8483b66de6f9d8276597c5b1b69c17e3.png

745715008_Screenshot2023-02-11at14_29_22.thumb.png.3487ff737ae4d711d43b3d3c79f63da3.png

564722665_Screenshot2023-02-11at14_30_02.thumb.png.4b4d66e3287fed7b33cc7a507760dc05.png

We haven't got worse, apart from the scoring part, we were playing badly in the first half of the season and winning. I sat through a lot of those games, wondering how we were winning. One that sticks in my mind was the WBA game at home. Edun came on and tried his best to make it a loss.

The best performance was against Blackpool, and we still only came away with one goal. It's always been a problem.

1653533572_Screenshot2023-02-11at14_32_31.thumb.png.0970beb157081a11c357607cc2ca4feb.png

Very few decent quality chances in those games. It doesnt help playing Brereton as a second left back so deep. I dont doubt the failings above the manager but I refuse to accept that the attackers we do have couldnt offer more of a goal threat or at least create better chances. They have before and did under Mowbray.

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Very few decent quality chances in those games. It doesnt help playing Brereton as a second left back so deep. I dont doubt the failings above the manager but I refuse to accept that the attackers we do have couldnt offer more of a goal threat or at least create better chances. They have before and did under Mowbray.

Different circumstances. We aren't going to emulate last season when Brereton has already left.

Also we weren't doing great last season at this time. Lest we forget.

1888185181_Screenshot2023-02-11at17_42_43.thumb.png.f0ee169446016c0638c43dcf770ad3d8.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

For 8 or 9 games last season , Mowbrays team played good football , how it happened , I am not sure and neither was he , I suspect ...

Can't say the same about this season ,the  football as been shocking throughout!

Brereton became Diaz.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

He’s clearly playing the situation into his favour. He’s been let down in the window and he’s making sure everyone is aware. Got us top six, wasn’t backed, couldn’t deliver on a threadbare squad. 

Exactly the same situation as last season….

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

What a loser 

Proud to have been in the play off places....well done mate.🙄 season over that says to the players.

That's a pathetic thing to say. The man's getting as bad as Mowbray for silly quotes

• Like 4

JDT as an opportunity to play the victim , with how the  total disaster of the transfer window , played out . He could well resign in the summer and who could blame him ? Personally , I hope he does cos the football is sterile , defensive and awful to watch..Too many complete no show games away from home and 5 or even 6 at the back at home ...

• Like 1

On 11/02/2023 at 17:55, booth said:

Different circumstances. We aren't going to emulate last season when Brereton has already left.

Also we weren't doing great last season at this time. Lest we forget.

1888185181_Screenshot2023-02-11at17_42_43.thumb.png.f0ee169446016c0638c43dcf770ad3d8.png

This gave me PTSD. Some of those performances when in such a strong position were absolutely criminal. 

• Like 2

One thing I'll say is that JDT at least feels like he'll stand up to the board/powers that be a bit, even if slightly indirectly via interviews. You always sensed Mowbray was happy either way - lower expectations and all that. Don't get me wrong. JDT is also trying to dampen expectations, but it does at least feel like he expects a lot more. 

• Like 4

You do sense from JDT he soon realised the limitations of the squad and will lay the blame at those above him right from the off.

Although he has been protective of the naivety in public of course but he highlighted the lack of striking options from the off and has made no secret he wants better.  With Mowbray there was non of that until the end was nigh and he knew the fans had seen and heard enough.  Even then he was more interested in barbed digs rather than outright addressing it in public but before all that it was just oh we aren't all that and the owners can't spend much so we'll have a cup of tea and plod on.

THAT is why he was here so long no other reason, he never rocked the boat he had a multitude of excuses ready at hand, never pointed the finger where it should have been.  

He also had the luxury of being given 3 million, 7 million and 5 million for forwards alone as well as numerous big wage players. Something JDT is very unlikely to ever get his hands on, now lets talk about how many times we even troubled the top 6 in his 5+ yrs here ?

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He also had the luxury of being given 3 million, 7 million and 5 million for forwards alone as well as numerous big wage players. Something JDT is very unlikely to ever get his hands on, now lets talk about how many times we even troubled the top 6 in his 5+ yrs here ?

Mowbray was only second to the Toad for how much support he recieved from 'the Owners'

And he wasted it

• Like 2