BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

why,whats up with him

Leopards don't change their spots. Rooney is not a good role model, never has been, never will be.

I'd like better than someone who wasted his talent guiding our young players and feel we could do better than WR.

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Wasted his talent?

Man Utd's record goal scorer

England Captain

England's 2nd highest ever scorer (highest when he retired)

5 Premier League titles

A Champions League Winner

Scorer in a Champions League Final

3rd all time Highest Premier League scorer

3rd most assist's in Premier League history

An FWA & PFA player of the year winner

Multiple appearances in PFA team of the year

It’s easy for people to forget just how good he was at one point, just because his form tailed off massively at the end of his career.

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Leopards don't change their spots. Rooney is not a good role model, never has been, never will be.

I'd like better than someone who wasted his talent guiding our young players and feel we could do better than WR.

Wasted his talent is a bit harsh. I do think he could have been an even greater player than he was, potentially could have been the greatest English striker of all time, but he was generally regarded as world class for quite a while. England's second most-capped, and second-highest goalscorer. Over 200 Premier League goals, over 100 assists. Manure's all time top scorer. Most Champions League goals of any English player. 5 prem titles, 1 FA cup, 3 League Cups, 1 Champions League, 1 Europa League.

He had an excellent career. Just because he could arguably have been even better doesn't take away from that. Good role model as a person, no, but that's a vast level of top end football experience. Not saying I want him, but wasted his talent seems a push.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Wasted his talent?

England Captain

5 Premier League titles

Ah, I see we were of a mind!

Freddy Adu wasted his talent. Wayne Rooney just perhaps didn't quite reach the extreme heights he could have.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Wasted his talent?

England Captain

5 Premier League titles

I do love this site 😂

• Like 2

Rooney has won a measly 32 of his 114 games as a manager (28%). At Derby people were quick to point to their off the pitch issues but not sure what the excuse is at DC United.

Anyway definitely not for me. I don't want him at this Club and his record doesn't suggest he's good enough.

• Like 6

Ultimately, for Tomasson, I would imagine family will come first and if the chance arises for him to return home, or much nearer to it, he will take it.

That's assuming the story of his wife opening a tea and cake shop in Whalley was someone having a bit of fun. 

47 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

It’s easy for people to forget just how good he was at one point, just because his form tailed off massively at the end of his career.

I think some people just get an idea in their head about a player and hold onto it regardless of evidence. I had an (apparently serious) conversation with someone recently about how Haaland is a 'massively overrated tap-in merchant'. His justifications were that a) the Bundesliga is a poor league that makes average players look good (he also didn't rate Bellingham for similar reasons) and b) that the City squad is so stacked and dominant that any striker would score a hatful there. 

I don't particularly like Rooney, but he was a top player for a very respectable number of years. Not convinced by him as a manager by a long shot.

Edited by AspRover
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No way will he turn down the champions of Holland who will be in the Champions League, he is a legend there, big pay rise no doubt, more money to spend, family ties, for any challenge here. If they come for him he is gone.

I think that's the catch - if they come for him.

Not convinced that they won't have bigger names in the frame, however much of a legend he is at Feyenoord.

Whilst he's done a very solid job with us, it's a bit of a leap from Rovers to the top end of the Dutch league.

4 minutes ago, Andy said:

I think that's the catch - if they come for him.

Not convinced that they won't have bigger names in the frame, however much of a legend he is at Feyenoord.

Whilst he's done a very solid job with us, it's a bit of a leap from Rovers to the top end of the Dutch league.

Totally agree, if he comes in, no way he stays. My worry is how much sentimentality there is in football. What is Dutch for "he knows the club?"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Rooney has won a measly 32 of his 114 games as a manager (28%). At Derby people were quick to point to their off the pitch issues but not sure what the excuse is at DC United.

Anyway definitely not for me. I don't want him at this Club and his record doesn't suggest he's good enough.

Rooney was a phenomenal player but you don't need to have a sports science degree to see he didn't look after his body.

Rooney often out boozing & shagging grannies or JDT getting players to prepare presentations of their performances and attending many u21, League 1 & League 2 games. There's no comparison as players and there's no comparison as managers. JDT sets the standard and demands professionalism, Rooney is nothing more than an inspirational name. 

Edited by ben_the_beast
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Very left field. Rumoured to be about to join Brighton.

Yeah, he strikes me as an intelligent football man, played for good clubs under good managers all his career. Am aware of the Brighton link but maybe he wants to go into management and we could tempt him?

Rooney as manager ?   No thankyou although it might put a few on the gate if local redrags tear themselves away from their remotes to come and be near their former hero.

Edited by tomphil

49 minutes ago, LDRover said:

This looks ominous and if either of the 2 Dutch clubs make an offer there's not a cat in hell's chance he's staying.

Personally I'd go leftfield for James Milner as his replacement.

James milner? That would be a disaster 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Yeah, he strikes me as an intelligent football man, played for good clubs under good managers all his career. Am aware of the Brighton link but maybe he wants to go into management and we could tempt him?

35ish games short of premier league appearances record and physically has a season or 2 left in him. I don't think he'll be rushing into management. 

I do however think he will be a fantastic coach when he does retire 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Wasted his talent?

England Captain

5 Premier League titles

28 years old and too unfit to play up top anymore, that's your physical prime.  Imagine what he could have been if he had taken a more professional approach.  That's why I say he wasted his talent, he should have rivalled Messi and Ronaldo, but.