BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

8 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I still feel sick when I recall the 0-0 with Yeovil at home. We barely laid a glove on them despite the play-offs being firmly within reach.

Paul Robinson wanted to go up for a corner in injury time, but said after the game that Bowyer said “no” as he wanted to “protect a point”.

If that doesn’t tell you everything you need to know about our lack of ambition …….

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Paul Robinson wanted to go up for a corner in injury time, but said after the game that Bowyer said “no” as he wanted to “protect a point”.

If that doesn’t tell you everything you need to know about our lack of ambition …….

bowyer did the same away to wigan the season after ,was 1-1 and we were well on top but he had us drop back in the last 10 minutes to protect a point,pretty criminal we did`nt get in the play offs that season with the side he had,no doubt bowyer was a decent coach but it`s different being a manager,he was very risk averse imo

• Like 3

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

That was one of the worst Rovers efforts iv'e ever seen close to the FA cup game at home v Millwall.

When i say worst i mean when there was something to play for and we didn't even have a go.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, martonrover said:

Yeovil Town would still be Ewood now and wouldn’t have scored.

As you say, tells us all we need to know about what’s going on behind the scenes.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Southside Rover said:

Only our trip to Kenilworth Road. I have only ever seen Brazil play twice in my lifetime by watching England at Wembley but I know they play good football most of the time during my lifetime without having to visit the Maracana 

Nice tangent.

On 13/12/2023 at 23:45, JHRover said:

But I don't think anyone rational can say this squad should be any higher than it is or probably as high as it is, which means JDT is doing a good job. A very good job in my opinion and I fear his departure for what it will likely mean to our league status. 

All you have to do is look at Qpr. Ainsworth was a car crash. Prior to last season Qpr had very similar league finishes to us and were playing similar football. 

I agree with you that we're one bad appointment away from a similar fate. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

All you have to do is look at Qpr. Ainsworth was a car crash. Prior to last season Qpr had very similar league finishes to us and were playing similar football. 

I agree with you that we're one bad appointment away from a similar fate. 

Some other similarities between us and them. They had 'stability' under Mark Warburton who I think is similar to Mowbray in that he is a safe pair of hands, mid table maestro but stubborn and frustrating and probably won't ever haul a team to promotion.

They got rid of Warburton when we got rid of Mowbray and for a while they were linked with JDT, but ultimately went for Michael Beale. Our trajectories have differed since then I believe purely because we made a wise choice with JDT and have managed to keep hold of him (so far), whereas they've had managerial chaos, some through no fault of their own (Beale going to Rangers) but the Critchley and Ainsworth appointments were disasters, two people plenty on here have advocated as future managers of Rovers.

We could easily have made a similar mistake and paid a huge price for it and really need to hope Broughton has a plan.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

JDT is part of the problem by his insistence on playing utopian football!

We need some harden pros not 5ft 7 light weight kids .....

Broughton must be sourcing players on his say so ! 

He didn't source those strikers or that experienced defender he asked for last January or this Summer.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Well I think Waggott made a promise to literally everyone in a press conference and then didn't? 

Went on about how he'd bought a new bus.

He can stick that new bus where the sun doesn't shine, and by the looks of it, it'd fit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

Broughton must be sourcing players on his say so ! 

Judging by the fact JDT won't play or at least seems extremely loath to play many of the players Broughton sources, you'd think they never spoke to each other!

Hard to believe the likes of Hirst  Ennis Wahlstedt and Telalovic were his choices and you can certainly see why he wasn't keen on playing them!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Judging by the fact JDT won't play or at least seems extremely loath to play many of the players Broughton sources, you'd think they never spoke to each other!

Hard to believe the likes of Hirst  Ennis Wahlstedt and Telalovic were his choices and you can certainly see why he wasn't keen on playing them!

So what is the point of Broughton??

2 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

So what is the point of Broughton??

Especially when Waggott knew the taps were being turned off yet still allowed the appointment of Broughton and JDT (with the bullshit promise of a project with the aim of promotion), when what we clearly needed was a pragmatic old head.

That said, a pragmatic old head would have told them to stick their job up their collective arses when he discovered he couldn't sign experience or any decent strikers and had to rely on loans and the academy to make up the numbers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, booth said:

He didn't source those strikers or that experienced defender he asked for last January or this Summer.

He sourced the defender, the owners put a stop to the deal. They also removed any and all funds necessary to get a decent striker. 

Difficult to judge the egg in those circumstances. 

2 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

what was the project exactly?

to get us relegated?

It’s a smokescreen for having zero ambition - keep promising jam tomorrow.

JDT believed it when he joined, but now knows it’s bullshit.

I suspect Broughton knew it from the get - go, but it’s a nice little earner.

Any supporter who has witnessed the last thirteen years at Blackburn Rovers, (other than the incurably naive), knows it’s bullshit.

• Like 3

Just now, martonrover said:

Any supporter who has witnessed the last thirteen years at Blackburn Rovers, (other than the incurably naive), knows it’s bullshit.

Oh it's BS alright. They are full of shit. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Pretty sure Waggot knew it was in the plans all along that's why they wanted a rather 'green' coach in JDT who probably didn't ask for stupid wages either.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2