BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

28 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Maybe Broughton will don a tracksuit 😉

Only a desperado will be interested in becoming Head Puppet at Rovers.

That's exactly what the will be looking for next from their friendly agents client list, a puppet.

JDT has too much maverick in him for their liking.

• Like 2

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, alex l said:

Given what has happened today this is a peculiar tweet from the women's team account 

Screenshot_20240202-233721.png

Would assume they’ve signed a player from Northern Ireland?

JDT is a strong character, he won't put up with rubbish. I think its highly likely he's resigned, I can't see any other reason why he'd be banned from a Press Conference.

Shudder to think of the consequences if so.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tom said:

Would assume they’ve signed a player from Northern Ireland?

Very possibly, just think it's ill thought given the fan base are now waiting to hear from JDT which will be around 5pm. 

Purely my own thoughts...I think he announces he is leaving now or at the end of the season. They didn't want him saying it today so as to not distract from the immediate game. 

Every signing made yesterday was till the end of the season as well so that might tally.

Don't know if it's on here but another theory posted was he'd been told the Wharton money is in 3 instalments, now, 6 months then next year and non will be spent on players it's all going towards running costs.

So hes basically finally given up hope and thrown the towel in.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, alex l said:

Very possibly, just think it's ill thought given the fan base are now waiting to hear from JDT which will be around 5pm. 

Purely my own thoughts...I think he announces he is leaving now or at the end of the season. They didn't want him saying it today so as to not distract from the immediate game. 

What a weird assumption!! You think JDT leaving will cryptically be tweeted by the women’s Twitter account. That is peak levels of conspiracy 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Old Codger said:

JDT comes across as a principled and intelligent human being, and not someone who is willing to be run roughshod over for the sake of someone else's ego. Whatever has gone on, or is still going on behind closed doors at the club, it doesn't sound like the kind of environment that someone with his values would ever be comfortable with - they say one thing, then do completely the other, 

So, for me, if he goes, it is further proof that my club is infested with narrow minded, conniving, untrustworthy cheats and liars, all out for themselves and what they can make from a fast declining brand, before it dies on its arse. None of them would be fit to lick dogshit off Jack Walkers shoes.

The laughable thing is that under JDT's stewardship, Rovers could have been right in the mix last season (one signing away from the playoffs and on a positive roll). This season the decline seems to have set in round about the time when there was a sea change in messages coming from India about the overall financial position. My guess is that JDT saw the writing on the wall some time ago, and yet clung on perhaps on the promise of 'jam tomorrow' from the FWaggot. We now know that there was never going to be jam. Just leftovers and offal from other peoples' tables.

I'd like to think JDT would see out the season, but then again, I'd like to feel like supporting Rovers meant something again too. The wankers have drained the club, and like a whole load of things in the UK these days, its just an empty husk and a front for money making for a hidden few.. Fuck Em.

Talk of another manager coming in on the JDT thread is an insult to the man. Some of you arseholes will no doubt jizz yourselves over the prospect of yet another face in the dugout - even that complete cretin above engaging in onanism over a return for the Gurning Chump.

As Wild Irish Rover I saw fantastic times at this club.

As WIR Revisited I saw the turning of the tide.

As Shirley Crabtree Wrestler I shared your pain as the cancer in the club took hold.

As Old Codger I am appalled at the depths to which the spirit of our once proud club is being dragged. 

All I want is my Blackburn Rovers to be a club I can be proud of, and to which I feel I belong. The cretins don't get that.

They never will.

VENKYS OUT!

10/10 post.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, philipl said:

Ok, how are the fans going to demonstrate support for JDT at the QPR game today?

Walk out with him.

I am genuinely amazed he has lasted this long. 

Last January his position was made untenable but that was nothing compared to this January and the summer. 

Edited by Upside Down

5 hours ago, Galgaterover10 said:

What a weird assumption!! You think JDT leaving will cryptically be tweeted by the women’s Twitter account. That is peak levels of conspiracy 

No, crossed wires. My thoughts on the situation are not related to the tweet. I was initially saying the tweet was, due to the time mentioned, not great. I then in the second paragraph gave my thoughts on jdts situation. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, philipl said:

Ok, how are the fans going to demonstrate support for JDT at the QPR game today?

If we knew for definite he was going then maybe let rip at the final whistle, but at the minute, although it looks likely, we don’t know.

Maybe a few chants of we love you Jon Dahl we do during the match and Waggott out, may help. 

A load of the ground don’t particularly support him to start with, so certainly if we lose I imagine it would be more likely they’d be joining in the ‘JDT out’ chants with Swag and Suhail than any show of support.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, 47er said:

JDT is a strong character, he won't put up with rubbish. I think its highly likely he's resigned, I can't see any other reason why he'd be banned from a Press Conference.

Shudder to think of the consequences if so.

Anything on twitter? 

Certainly get the Waggott out chants going.

There isn't a Waggott love in thread going somewhere on Facebook so should be able to get everyone on board with that. 

Does JDT have a chant- cannot remember hearing one on RoversTV?

Asking him to give us a wave could have unfortunate connotations...

Everybody will be hyper analysing his demeanour at final whistle.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

A load of the ground don’t particularly support him to start with, so certainly if we lose I imagine it would be more likely they’d be joining in the ‘JDT out’ chants with Swag and Suhail than any show of support.

Yes, there will be fans in the ground unhappy with JDT's transfer dealings as manager.

The board are probably trying to annoy JDT so much that he resigns so they don't have to pay his severance package. I love JDT, but I do think he needs to leave as its clearly become toxic at the club to the extent that its becoming untenable. If he doesn't leave now, he will leave in the summer so he may as well go now so the club can plan for the future (I don't have much confidence in their ability to do this well). We need a strong character to come in to galvanise the players. Even Sammie who seems to be a very positive person looks crestfallen. This has translated into a complete lack of confidence on the pitch and we are in free fall. This only ends one way and that's with JDT leaving so it may as well be now. Im sure he will do really well at a more functional club. 

24 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Yes, there will be fans in the ground unhappy with JDT's transfer dealings as manager.

His transfer dealings ?  I think the last 48 hours or so certainly disproves Broughtons comments on his arrival when he said that no signings would be made without the managers approval

That seems patently not true now

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Followed by "We love you Venkys, we do"

• Like 1

If JDT has gone, this seems to me a great opportunity to put maximum pressure on Venkys to sell. We have money in the bank from Wharton and Raya which lowers our dependency on them. Clubs on a better footing in terms of income vs outgoing. The legal hassle, attention from indian government and bad press must not seem worth it Venkys.

Getting the club on the market feels close to me. Hope there are viable people out there who want to take us on.

That said it's likely that they will be totally unrealistic in what they ask for the club.

Edited by joey_big_nose

28 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

We have money in the bank from Wharton and Raya which lowers our dependency on them. 

Can they not just call in part of the loan that we owe to them and take the money out of the club? Genuine question.