BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

1 hour ago, DE. said:

I think the vast majority of people would have to go with option 2, but then most of us haven't spent decades in a field that pays incredibly high salaries, so it's impossible to judge how badly JDT would be affected by being out of work for a few months. If he's been sensible with his money then one would assume he could prioritise his wellbeing and sanity over a contract payoff. 

There's also his future to take into consideration. His contract doesn't expire until summer 2025, so if he waits for a payoff that never comes, that's another year and a half of dealing with this nonsense. With the way things are going it seems unlikely things will improve any time soon, and there's the real prospect of him ending up with a relegation on his CV. Of course he can point to the utter dysfunction at the club, but if the subsequent question is "if it was clear you couldn't achieve what you wanted because of the club hierarchy, why did you stay?" and the answer is "because I wanted a payoff" that obviously isn't a great look. 

Fact is JDT may well need the money, if so then yeah, sure, makes sense that he begrudgingly slogs on. Could be that he feels like quitting would be giving up and his pride won't let him do that. Could be that he doesn't want to uproot again, assuming he and his wife have settled here. There are many reasons why he could be choosing to stay, but if none of those are a significant factor then it won't surprise me at all if he decides he's had enough and walks out. I suppose we'll see soon enough. 

I can assurre you JDT is not dependent on a weekly paycheck from Rovers. He has made millions as a pro, especially during his years in Milan, Stuttgart and Villa Real. I know for a fact, that he has invested wisely - i.e. real estate in both Copenhagen and in Holland. He also runs a business/company in Rotterdam. He could retire to Bahamas and never have to work again 🙂

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Danishfan said:

I can assurre you JDT is not dependent on a weekly paycheck from Rovers. He has made millions as a pro, especially during his years in Milan, Stuttgart and Villa Real. I know for a fact, that he has invested wisely - i.e. real estate in both Copenhagen and in Holland. He also runs a business/company in Rotterdam. He could retire to Bahamas and never have to work again 🙂

This. A lot of naivety on the board around exactly what the majority of footballers do with their money. Especially at the level he played at. “The rich don’t work for money,” as they say.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, unsall said:

Just heard some news saying we could have missed the deadline re McGuire oh dear trying for more info

Surely we wouldn't have released the social videos and put it on the official website if so.

I wouldn't expect him to be around today, give him an opportunity to sort moving his things to the UK.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Surely we wouldn't have released the social videos and put it on the official website if so.

I wouldn't expect him to be around today, give him an opportunity to sort moving his things to the UK.

Just seen the other thread and some of the apparent twitter posts.

I've somehow jumped the gun.... potentially similar to rovers socials.

22 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

JDT laughing and joking coming out of the tunnel for the warm up video.

body language looked quite relaxed and waved to fans etc

Any videos of his pre match interview on twitter? I don't understand why they do them when they are never easy to find/watch 

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Will be absolutely gutted when JDT goes.

We'll go back to having a yes man again.

JDT wasn't backed at all, sold false promises.

Feel gutted for him

Feels like a wasted opportunity - but not sure he’s fully committed to it himself now given how much he’s been messed around. 
I would worry for who we pick next for sure. 

I don't see a way in which JDT stays and Rovers stay up. We're now in a desperate situation. 5 points above the drop, no sign of a winning formula against the teams in and around us. I like JDT and I think he'd would've thrived as Rovers boss if this was the John Williams era in the same way Mark Hughes did, but with the situation the club finds itself in we now need a firefighter, and I don't believe JDT is that.

• Like 3

Poor poor squad isn’t his fault. Awful ownership and general management of the club isn’t his fault. But the way we play on the pitch is. You play to suit the players you have. His head has gone, so he probably should too. For everyone’s sake. Those players aren’t playing for him.

• Backroom

Wonder if Mark Hughes will be a favourite, his stock is lower than he probably ever thought and would be an easy link 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

I would give Hughes a chance.

Not for me, even leaving out his last few jobs, it would be another person held in high regards by the supporters who would have his Rovers' legacy ruined by Venkys.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Tom said:

Wonder if Mark Hughes will be a favourite, his stock is lower than he probably ever thought and would be an easy link 

I hope not, we don't want another Rovers legend sullied by these cretins.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, booth said:

I hope not, we don't want another Rovers legend sullied by these cretins.

I am not bothered about legends being sullied, I want someone who can set up a team for a scrap, because that is what we are in.

• Like 1