BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

7 minutes ago, 47er said:

Read some comments somewhere on the net where some fans exulted in what one of  them called a "wonderful window'!

Wonder what they think of it now? One even called on the LT to sack the reporter who used the word "banned" in relation to JDT's non-appearance at that press conference. Mental.

There are quite a lot of pro-venky scum in the LT comments. What about this comment that I just saw on there:

"Some of the stuff JDT has come out with post-match make his position totally untenable. Get him sacked and get a manager that can organise the defence and work with the budget he has, rather than the budget he wants. If it turns out that there has been a balls up with the McGuire transfer then, that's life mate, move on."

He got quite a lot of likes for these words of wisdom. Feels unreal.

• Like 9

Just now, Inferi said:

There are quite a lot of pro-venky scum in the LT comments. What about this comment that I just saw on there:

"Some of the stuff JDT has come out with post-match make his position totally untenable. Get him sacked and get a manager that can organise the defence and work with the budget he has, rather than the budget he wants. If it turns out that there has been a balls up with the McGuire transfer then, that's life mate, move on."

He got quite a lot of likes for these words of wisdom. Feels unreal.

those lot in the telegraph and on facebook are clearly employees of the paper and the club being told to post pro venky/rovers stuff,there is no way they are all happy clappers

• Like 6

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

those lot in the telegraph and on facebook are clearly employees of the paper and the club being told to post pro venky/rovers stuff,there is no way they are all happy clappers

Absolutely a lot of paid accounts acting as pied pipers to the epsilons that just regurgitate whatever the party line is.

• Like 3

Is JDT becoming the convenient fall guy for another relegation that some running the club would be quite comfortable with ?

Could literally fill the squad with academy kids and loans then and the wage bill would be rock bottom, Riverside shut, training ground let go.  Reduction in income but massive reduction in running costs and easier to produce and punt on young players for champ clubs.

Not exactly saying it's pre planned but that it might not be a huge concern because some ie Waggot and that clown in the shadows might have a plan for.

Food for thought.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Always been full of them on those sights it's far easier to exist there than on twitter of forums were they get piled on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Is JDT becoming the convenient fall guy for another relegation that some running the club would be quite comfortable with ?

Could literally fill the squad with academy kids and loans then and the wage bill would be rock bottom, Riverside shut, training ground let go.  Reduction in income but massive reduction in running costs and easier to produce and punt on young players for champ clubs.

Not exactly saying it's pre planned but that it might not be a huge concern because some ie Waggot and that clown in the shadows might have a plan for.

Food for thought.

This is exactly what I've thought (and written) for some time now. Slashing the wage bill (even more drastically than in the last 3 years) would reduce the loss below £10m (even without the "solidarity" Prem payment/EFL tv money) and there could be more than £10m in player sales - JRC, Hyam, Carter, Travis, Szmodics, Dolan and Gallagher . Fill up the squad with free transfers and loans. Sell the STC for the £17m it was transferred to the Venkys company. Waggott carries on and get bonuses for his fine work as undertaker.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Food for thought.

I think relegation is not desirable even for the morons - simple reason being that we would no longer be attractive for freebie loans and our own academy graduates would be less likely to command big fees.

There is no logical joined up thinking in how this lot operate but it does seem developing young players (our own and PL clubs) is the current vogue.

Don’t know if that means it is the bint, the fat greaseball or the Tasche that won the last game of cards and decided this would be our policy for the moment 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Getting relegated runs the risk of losing Cat 1 academy status too and vastly reduces our chances of producing whartons, etc

Venkys would prefer losses reduced to lowish single figure millions and the opportunity to asset strip raising up to £50m including the Wharton fee. They can then sit back and forget all about the football club for several years. Kicking the can down the road has always been their modus operandi. 

42 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

looks like the indians have done a "oyston" with the wharton money,there is no way the manager will see any of it next season

Oyston took money out of the club - our owners won't see any of the Wharton money, but it looks like it will be used to plug the clubs finances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Food for thought.

I don't know if you know a little more than you are prepared to post on this issue Tomphil, and fair play if that's the case, but your post chimes exactly with something I was told on my way out of the Jack Walker Upper after today's game. The chap talking to me is a former long time employee of the club, and his story is identical to yours and was told to him by a club contact. In fact I have been for a meal with family tonight and recounted what I heard, only to arrive home just now and read your assertion. Food for thought indeed!

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Oyston took money out of the club - our owners won't see any of the Wharton money, but it looks like it will be used to plug the clubs finances.

Very true and they don't take money out as we know about so whatever their reason or advantage is to owning such a loss making overseas enterprise it's more likely down to just number crunching.

By definition of not having to put in 18 million though they have actually deprived the club of that income so it amounts to the same thing.

The Wharton money should come on top of annual funding as additional income to put the club in the strongest position its been in finance wise for a long time. But no there's always something there to prevent that with these lot so they are still damaging the club despite the illusion they are helping it just by keeping it going.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Getting relegated runs the risk of losing Cat 1 academy status too and vastly reduces our chances of producing whartons, etc

Phil Jones was how long ago ?   Wharton is now so that's a long time and a lot of money but of course the bonus has been its produced one or two good enough for a championship squad.  Also now though too many who aren't ready or good enough have been chucked in that's partly why we are struggling.

In my view they'd just downgrade it to produce players good enough for the lge 1 squad then sell the training centre and the first team/academy would be on one site.  The downgraded version of the pie in the sky scheme Waggot & co were cooking up anyway and more annual running costs would be saved.

They are then creating a model that would run on its own much reduced income/expense terms that would only need propping up with about 5 mill or so a year.

An absolutely terrifying prospect and maybe when Mowbray alluded to the models he regularly did the real one in mind wasn't Brentford at all it was Barnsley.

Edited by tomphil

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Phil Jones was how long ago ?   Wharton is now so that's a long time and a lot of money but of course the bonus has been its produced one or two good enough for a championship squad.  Also now though too many who aren't ready or good enough have been chucked in that's partly why we are struggling.

In my view they'd just downgrade it to produce players good enough for the lge 1 squad then sell the training centre and the first team/academy would be on one site.  The downgraded version of the pie in the sky scheme Waggot & co were cooking up anyway and more annual running costs would be saved.

They are then creating a model that would run on its own much reduced income/expense terms that would only need propping up with about 5 mill or so a year.

An absolutely terrifying prospect and maybe when Mowbray alluded to the models he regularly did the real one in mind wasn't Brentford at all it was Barnsley.

You missed out selling the ground. It's only a question of time before that, like most so called conspiracy theories, becomes a reality.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Very true and they don't take money out as we know about so whatever their reason or advantage is to owning such a loss making overseas enterprise it's more likely down to just number crunching.

By definition of not having to put in 18 million though they have actually deprived the club of that income so it amounts to the same thing.

The Wharton money should come on top of annual funding as additional income to put the club in the strongest position its been in finance wise for a long time. But no there's always something there to prevent that with these lot so they are still damaging the club despite the illusion they are helping it just by keeping it going.

And yet, before Wharton was sold, we had people on here and elsewhere speculating about the sort of players we could buy  with what we'd get for him, and how we could end up with a better squad as a result.

I wrote than that we wouldn't see any of the money and it would simply disappear to pay everyday bills,

Not iike it hasn't happened before! No plan at Ewood but to keep grinding on year after year with just the memories to sustain us.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, 47er said:

And yet, before Wharton was sold, we had people on here and elsewhere speculating about the sort of players we could buy  with what we'd get for him, and how we could end up with a better squad as a result.

I wrote than that we wouldn't see any of the money and it would simply disappear to pay everyday bills,

Not iike it hasn't happened before! No plan at Ewood but to keep grinding on year after year with just the memories to sustain us.

Yep everything is and always has been just whining it from year to year and that's how the likes of Waggot stay in post, no remit other that his a certain income target and continue trying to cut costs and keep the lights on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

I’ve always been a huge JDT and remain a fan of him as a person, what he achieved last season and this season until December has been more than commendable.

I also buy all the issues off the pitch, the loss of talented players and the general circus of Venkys ownership of which were all very much looking forward to ending.

However, the naivety of tactics, the insistence on playing his brand of football and the general malaise of performances have been alarming for a couple of months now. I always feel in football that if you give players an inch they’ll take a mile. The manager has obviously fallen out with some of the stronger personalities (see Travis) and I’m beginning to wonder whether he’s the right man for the battle?

Give me a scrappy 1-0 at this stage or even a 0-0. The defence has been awful all season and shows absolutely no sign of improvement 30+ games in. 

A fine manager, a decent person. But right man for the job? I’m starting to think not?!

In his interviews you can also see he is past caring. The last thing you want from a manager in a relegation battle is someone who doesnt give a shit.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, ageoftherover said:

Would we prefer:

Disillusioned manager lobbing handgrenades at the owners/management who gets us relegated?

Or

New manager, tows the party line, buys into our current situation and keeps us up?

Exactly what I was thinking. It's a real paradox that JDT may hold the keys to this shit show falling apart but at the expense of points on the board and staying in the division.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

In his interviews you can also see he is past caring. The last thing you want from a manager in a relegation battle is someone who doesnt give a shit.

Are you serious? Did you listen to what he said on that video? He brought his family over here and his kids in a school. The guy has given everything.

Someone else mentioned earlier this squad isn't as good as the squad that got relegated. 

He can't do much more especially with his hands tied behind his back. 

He does care and hasn't given up. He was so frustrated that he wasn't able to talk yesterday 

• Like 5