BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

41 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Jon there’s no bad blood here but you need to walk for the sake of the club and your career.

These new signing must be thinking what on earth have come to. 

For his own career may be fair.

We could have told him every bit of this scenario before he signed.

But not for the good of the club.

We need to fall as far as it takes as fast as possible to get the owners out and start again. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jimmy612 said:

He rightly absolutely slayed them. JDT might be struggling with this group, but absolutely no wonder. 3 completely abysmal transfer windows in a row. If any fans think he’s the problem, they are in fact part of the problem. 

I was arguing with some yesterday, them saying he has no plan B and his subs are wrong / ineffective. 

Well yes, because he has nothing of any worth to choose from after such a poor window.

He is a coach, not a manager. He is reliant on the club signing players he identifies who have the qualities for him to coach them into the style of play that fits his approach, otherwise the model doesn't work. That's been clear from day one, "ask Gregg, the club knows what I want, it's up to the club to get it". 

Well that's 4 tranfer windows now, has the club provided him with any of his preferences? Clearly not, with incomings being full of loans & short term freebies despite a £20m sale & the on/off/kind-of-back-on-again/on/done-deal/oops McGuire deal to boot, as the project he was promised has changed completely & the finances rug has been pulled out from under Gregg's feet by the owners.

Only one place where fault lies. Nothing to see in JDT's direction. 

Edited by Atko's Engine
Think I quoted the wrong comment!!
  • Like 5

They aren't tools (they are upstairs) they are footballers and they have a head coach and team of coaches who need to concentrate on picking the right ones and moulding them into a solid cohesive unit who communicate with each other.

That isn't happening they are still being selected and sent out to try and make themselves individually look better than they are. No point now the window has shut nobody is looking for fancy dan players playing in pretty patterns so it's time for muck and bullets.

I don't think he is capable of selecting nor coaching that and will just continue on the road hes always been on. Who would have picked Moran to play in Whartons role ?   I mean who in their right mind would do that it was  destined to fail before it started, piss poor stuff that.

Sadly we'll see more of it, weak management = weak team.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, 47er said:

JDT the best manager of Venky's era. They've had several windows to get him a striker worthy of the name and utterly failed.

If they had and we'd converted just a few more of the myriad chances we have created, we would have easily made the play-offs by now. Then we could have built on it.

Its not his fault that he been sent to fight without weapons.

Correct! 

Has anyone got Nicko's patreon?!

I think if he stays and McFadzean and Fleck are fit then JDT is capable of grinding out results in the same we may we did last season in which there were several 1-0 wins.  I think he was flexible with 3 at the back against Huddersfield but Hyam, in particular needs to start playing a lot better quickly ( I chose to single out him because he’s been especially far from his best recently and he is the captain )

14 minutes ago, 47er said:

JDT the best manager of Venky's era. They've had several windows to get him a striker worthy of the name and utterly failed.

If they had and we'd converted just a few more of the myriad chances we have created, we would have easily made the play-offs by now. Then we could have built on it.

There is no evidence , that Venkys have wanted to build on anything ,  asset stripping dismantlers !

Don't forget , they sacked the best manager since Mark Hughes within a month !

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

There is no evidence , that Venkys have wanted to build on anything ,  asset stripping dismantlers !

Don't forget , they sacked the best manager since Mark Hughes within a month !

And not only that but they replaced him with a no mark never was. And when the no mark never was nearly relegated us they kept him on. And when the no mark never was actually relegated us they still kept him on. In my experience of the modern football scene that is pretty much unprecedented.

Something smelt to high heaven then and it smells a lot worse now.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

I think if he stays and McFadzean and Fleck are fit then JDT is capable of grinding out results in the same we may we did last season in which there were several 1-0 wins.  I think he was flexible with 3 at the back against Huddersfield but Hyam, in particular needs to start playing a lot better quickly ( I chose to single out him because he’s been especially far from his best recently and he is the captain )

Dont really agree. Going to three at the back has helped a bit but we are still committing 7-8 players to every attack and on the break other teams just walk through us. JDT seems absolutely unconcerned by it.

Maybe we will shift to playing more conservatively but theres no indication of it so far 

• Like 1

JDT- I like him as a person and clearly has a style of play that he wishes to play.

However, he is the COACH. His job is to make the players better players.

Look at the state of the goals conceded this season- thats not on Venkys or management.

I am tired of the moaning and groaning about the lack of players- he has enough players to make us a competitive side.

I think Wagott and anyone else who is complicit in the McGuire transfer should be fired but JDT should be right behind them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

Dont really agree. Going to three at the back has helped a bit but we are still committing 7-8 players to every attack and on the break other teams just walk through us. JDT seems absolutely unconcerned by it.

Maybe we will shift to playing more conservatively but theres no indication of it so far 

When I saw the team yesterday I thought - “ Who’s going get us the ball ? Way too many chiefs in that team and not nearly enough Indians.”

1 minute ago, imy9 said:

JDT- I like him as a person and clearly has a style of play that he wishes to play.

However, he is the COACH. His job is to make the players better players.

Look at the state of the goals conceded this season- thats not on Venkys or management.

I am tired of the moaning and groaning about the lack of players- he has enough players to make us a competitive side.

I think Wagott and anyone else who is complicit in the McGuire transfer should be fired but JDT should be right behind them.

So you don't think all the off field matters impact everything on the pitch?

• Like 5

I'd have hoped there was an Waggott, Broughton, Tomasson sit down last night / today to discuss how the hell we address this nose dive and drag ourselves back on track.

You actually know that the three will just be ignoring each other, with Waggott and Broughton enjoying the gravy train for as long as they can.

To follow a club that has no structure, no accountability, no long term plan is absolute torture. The owners have lost thousands of fans forever in the last decade, they are destined to lose more in the coming months.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

And not only that but they replaced him with a no mark never was. And when the no mark never was nearly relegated us they kept him on . And when the no mark never was actually relegated us they still kept him on. In my experience of the modern football scene that is pretty much unprecedented.

Not only that, they extended his contract in improved terms!!!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I know we had just gone behind, but that second goal yesterday is a prime example of this. Moran and Tronstadt just both caught way too far forward.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When I saw the team yesterday I thought - “ Who’s going get us the ball ? Way too many chiefs in that team and not nearly enough Indians.”

If fit I can see the likes of McFadz and Fleck making a big difference in terms of competitiveness.... But is JDT going to be telling them to focus on running the channels to make overloads? As we seen far more worried about that (several times yesterday I saw four rovers players in the small stamp of territory between edge of the opponents box and the touchline) than being solid in the centre of the pitch.

Edited by joey_big_nose

18 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

And not only that but they replaced him with a no mark never was. And when the no mark never was nearly relegated us they kept him on. And when the no mark never was actually relegated us they still kept him on. In my experience of the modern football scene that is pretty much unprecedented.

The summer of 2012 when they inexplicably kept him on destroyed our ST base at a stroke and it’s never recovered.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

If fit I can see the likes of McFadz and Fleck making a big difference in terms of competitiveness.... But is JDT going to be telling them to focus on running the channels to make overloads? As we seen far more worried about that (several times yesterday I saw four rovers players in the small stamp of territory between edge of the opponents box and the touchline) than being solid in the centre of the pitch.

Fleck’s just coming back from a twice broken leg. I know what that feels like. If he’s going to be putting himself about like the old Fleck he’s a braver man that I ever was.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 47er said:

If there's one thing this club isn't short of it's weapons.

• Like 2

Just now, Mattyblue said:

The summer of 2012 when they inexplicably kept him on destroyed our ST base at a stroke and it’s never recovered.

I don't know about never recovered, it's got gradually worse, and it hasn't bottomed out yet.

I’ve been critical of JDT for tactics and selections, and still am. However the incompetence running the club at Ewood, and the neglect from Venkys has gone on far longer than JDT and will continue to do so. All JDT is doing at the moment is making it obvious for all on the outside to see.

Of course he is doing this for self-preservation of his reputation, but the last thing I want is someone to come in and say how good a job Broughton and Waggot are doing and how we should be thankful to the owners, whilst we continue to lose our best players and replace them with free’s, loans and the odd bargain basement buy. And make no mistake, after this that will be exactly what we get. Tough situation.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4