BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

1 minute ago, KentExile said:

JDT got to bring in hiss own assistant and fitness coach (who you would imagine will leave with JDT), so you would imagine whoever the new man is will have the same leeway 

My point was will the omnipresent Lowe and Benson keep their jobs. He took two new coaches with him to Birmingham so will be be allowed the same here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AspRover said:

Sparky is unemployed, I guess. Cheap, fans favourite, might actually be interested with a bit of a point to prove. History of injecting a bit of fight into a team. Ticks a lot of boxes. 

Get yer scrapers out, let's go barrel hunting.

Mark Hughes is a strange one, a brilliant manager for Rovers yet failed just about everywhere else, most recently at Bradford. Odd

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

If it is John Eustace then his backroom staff will be interesting. Will be have to work with the current incumbents or can be bring his own team in. If he does presumably Lowe, Benson and Johnson will need paying up which the owners seemingly don't like doing.

https://www.bcfc.com/news/all/backroom-staff

Benson and Lowe have lifetime contracts, so they’ll be staying.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

If it is John Eustace then his backroom staff will be interesting. Will be have to work with the current incumbents or can be bring his own team in. If he does presumably Lowe, Benson and Johnson will need paying up which the owners seemingly don't like doing.

A former goalie as goalkeeping coach - what sort of madness is this????

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Are these people defending the club and how are they suggesting Roverschat are benefitting financially?

Thanks in advance 👍

Dunno, just a tweet, have I done summat wrong? 

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 12.00.55.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Mark Hughes is a strange one, a brilliant manager for Rovers yet failed just about everywhere else, most recently at Bradford. Odd

Right manager for us at the right time in both his career and the club's history - unlike JDT who was the right manager at the wrong time. A lot of City fans still have respect for Hughes I think, only going off what I read online and my one City mate. 

Edited by Groundhog
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

Dunno, just a tweet, have I done summat wrong? 

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 12.00.55.png

What would you have done wrong??

I was genuinely wondering what the criticisers ‘angle’ was as I don’t do Twitter etc.

Sorry for any confusion and thanks for the screenshot 👍👍

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Did well at Fulham too, but then binned them off in quite an arrogant way as he thought he would get a bigger job. But then didn't... ended up at QPR a year later.

To be fair to him he did well at Stoke too.

He's worked for a lot of mad owners (City, Fulham with Al Fayed, QPR) and I don't think he enjoyed it. So I would be very surprised if he had any interest in working for the Raos.

17 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It's always the million dollar question. Why are Lowe and Benson untouchable?

Time for Lowey to get out his photo of Balaji and the pool boy (or whatever it is!) In order to keep his job, again.

• Like 1

Gregg and JDT between them showed a bit of ambition which we can't have.  It draws attention! 

That said I like Eustace and he's experience working for nut case owners.  At least at Rovers he will know who runs the club (Suhail)

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Doubt it.

Do we ever reckon Suhail picks the team?

I wouldn’t say picking the whole team but I reckon he interferes to try and increase the value of players. I reckon he does with recruitment too.

For a man with no football knowledge or background he certainly has too much to say.

10 minutes ago, Northcote blues said:

Sure, point C was tongue in cheek.

But anyone who thinks Eustace is a better coach than Alex Neil is bonkers. 

Eustace didn’t even do that well at Birmingham, just because everyone thought the Rooney appointment was terrible, casuals jump on the bandwagon and think he was some messiah beforehand.

I get point C was somewhat in jest, but sorry I'm not a "casual", nor bonkers, and I never said Eustace is a Messiah; I said he's the best option I think we could expect.

Alex Neill is another Mowbray, making a career off a couple of promotions over a decade ago, who will maybe steady the ship, tread water, flirt with playoffs then run out of ideas.

Eustace is a more forward looking appointment who, albeit in a shorter career, comfortably led Big Club to safety when favourites to go down, had them playing good football & in 6th place when sacked by uninformed useless owners.

Anyway, sounds almost certain it'll be him in the dugout on Saturday, I hope you'll support him.

• Like 1

Maggott &  Mowbray|: Coventry connection

Maggott & Eustace: Coventry connection

The old boys' network alive and well in football

If Maggott could get Mark Robins instead I guess he might even earn a few Brownie points on here

Have to say I don't know much about Eustace except he was well regarded at Brum and clearly didn't deserve to be sacked

Roll the dice. Here we go again 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Polky said:

Such a weird feeling this.

A bad run of form means JDT needed to go. As a result you bring in, for me, a decent replacement but i just can't get excited because of what the board have done this past year. If we announce Eustace all would think ewood would be rocking on Saturday or at least a positive atmosphere...It will be far from it.

I hope Eustace knows what he's rolling into - I will back him but Waggot the worm needs to go!

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I hope Eustace knows what he's rolling into - I will back him but Waggot the worm needs to go!

There's no way Waggott is going anywhere, especially if Eustace joins. Steve seems to be pulling all the strings at Ewood.

Edited by Groundhog
edited for grammar due to anger