BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

21 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Something along those lines yes, but I interpreted that as him offering the club the chance to get rid of him for free, both because the project had changed and they might want someone else to oversee it, and also because if they were in cutback mode it might be attractive to them to save some more money, and not that JDT was desperate to leave and from the summer.

In the end they said no and persuaded him to stay on, I suspect they also told him that the issues with India were a temporary matter that would soon be fixed and that by January we'd be back on track. I think going off his comments he went into January expecting business to get done, and only after they've let him down again has he concluded there can be no future here with liars and con men.

I took it that he didn't sign up for a relegation battle so if they didn't want to try and get promoted he may as well go.

I suspect your second paragraph has a lot of truth to it and he thought he'd just have to make it through to January, but then it didn't happen.

9 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

Turns out they've got the names switched on the paperwork, I've heard we've sacked Eustace before he's even started and signed JDT on a deal to the end of the season.

After a quick scramble in the office, things have been fixed - Eustace is now the new manager of Sweden! Sorted!

thats ****** excellent🤣

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Big Sam has a washbag?????????

Games gone.

Louis Vuitton to boot! Lad’s had far too many pay offs….

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

JDT gone.

Official now 

The fact they’ve not mentioned who’s going to be managing the side in a quite big game that kicks off in less than 24 hours may well mean an appointment is close, so no caretaker… or they may just have forgot to mention that bit, just like they forgot to have any quotes from the DoF or CEO.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DackDackGoose said:

Have to say Tomasson gave me Jeremy Corbyn vibes (think what you will of him!) First glimmer of hope in years, enjoyed watching us play, though with its flaws. Did a good job and a what if / could of gone all the way if backed properly

The bench we've been putting out for most this season has barely been league 2 standard.. crazy really.

Don’t mention the “ C” word on here, you’ll have Gav on your case.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KentExile said:

The search for a successor is now underway and the club will provide no further comment until an appointment is announced.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/february/09/club-statement---jon-dahl-tomasson/

Its a good job the guys at the top at Rovers always make such good decisions or that might sound ominous!

It’s a “process”. Meanwhile the good ship Rovers heads for the relegation rocks.  

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

Why is the search ‘now underway’ if part of GB’s remit is succession planning??

Why are you surprised that Tomasson’s departure has taken them by surprise? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, phili said:

No quotes from the CEO or owners explaining the decision etc, our club communication really has plummeted.

The search for a successor is now underway and the club will provide no further comment until an appointment is announced

• DE. changed the title to Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach
13 minutes ago, phili said:

No quotes from the CEO or owners explaining the decision etc, our club communication really has plummeted.

It's obvious why he has gone

7 minutes ago, bazza said:

I'm getting worried it's not going to be Eustace now. 

Fowler, Rooney or Heckingbottom.........NO!!!

Eustace is at Brockhall right now. Probably doing his media work before being announce. Probably at 6pm

• Backroom

Benson survived again?

Given they didn’t say anything about interim manager you’d assume the next announcement is coming tonight 

Edited by Tom

6 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Why is the search ‘now underway’ if part of GB’s remit is succession planning??

That's assuming he's still there.

Besides the manager leaving, he's the only one absolved of any blame for the Jan window...there's still that mess which means we don't know who's still there.