BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

5 hours ago, booth said:

Football clubs do die. Halifax, Wimbledon, etc.

New clubs are formed but would you really want to lose Rovers history?

Wimbledon changed their name after they moved and Wimbledon AFC was born. They are currently in League Two.

Better to 'die' and be reborn than to just amble along for over a decade in a zombified state.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Wimbledon changed their name after they moved and Wimbledon AFC was born. They are currently in League Two.

Better to 'die' and be reborn than to just amble along for over a decade in a zombified state.

Wimbledon AFC are not Wimbledon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFC_Wimbledon

The history books show formed 2002.

If we shut the doors then a new Blackburn team is born, its a new club, not the one I'm invested in. That can fuck right off.

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

14 between first and third as well 😉

As I said the other day, sadly for anyone not you lot and Sheff United it’s all wrapped up for the top 2 now and not even January!

• Like 1

On 27/12/2022 at 18:42, simongarnerisgod said:

both clubs been through terrible ownership and come out of the otherside on the up,we need to rid ourselves of ours(somehow)

Ken Anderson did his best to send Bolton in the same direction as Bury. I think that still having a club to support, along with some proper people in n charge, making sound commercial decisions has helped.

Perhaps a few lessons can be learned by our lot, as things are getting better by the day there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Crazy table, everybody is inconsistent apart from the top 2. You'd expect WBA, Norwich, and Watford to make a concerted push at some point. WBA look like they've started. 

exactly what is to be expect at this level and one of the reasons why its an enjoyable league to watch. anyone can anyone 

On 30/12/2022 at 08:32, booth said:

Wimbledon AFC are not Wimbledon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFC_Wimbledon

The history books show formed 2002.

If we shut the doors then a new Blackburn team is born, its a new club, not the one I'm invested in. That can fuck right off.

You could say exactly the same about Rangers but how many Rangers fans do?

If we play at Ewood Park (or even if we don't), wear blue and white halves and the words "Blackburn "and "Rovers" are in there then that's my team and that's all there is about it.

Legal and technical details won't matter to me.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why not do both? It may need signings, but Appleton is a shit manager doing a shit job.

If you are going to change manager/head coach you do it before the transfer window opens and any managerial change should happen in the world cup. 

Blackpool have they transfer strategy for this window and they have back Appleton. Signing Bowler and Rogers would suit how Appleton wants to play. If he keeps them up then its job done and he done his job. Anything about bottom 6 for them is good achievement. 

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Appleton will enjoy working with flair players that fit with the exciting football that he likes to play...

Assuming we stay down, I would rather keep Blackpool as an away day so lets hope either he finds 3 teams that are even worse in this poor league or is sacked for someone competent.

I just look at the league table again and its seem like its tight at the bottom. 6 points between the bottom 8 including Stoke, Cardiff and Wigan. 

Alot will depends who they sign in the January transfer window