BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

All those quality penalties and then Dabo absolutely skies his. I was saying all you need to do at this point (sudden death) is gently chip one down the middle. No way those keepers weren't going to dive before the kick with pens landing right in the corner.

I like a minnow success story, even if it makes me jealous whilst we flounder like this. Both were surprise packages for promotion, and I know a Cov fan who's a good bloke and respects Rovers, so I didn't have the hate of them some seem to. I remember them being good with us when we mathematically lost the title at Highfield back in the day too. But Luton are the smaller minnows and I wanna see Manure fans walking through that terraced turnstile. So had no real preference overall.

Cov will surely lose Gyokeres now, either to a weak Prem side or a relegated one.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

amari bell in the premier league🤣

I remember Mowbray saying when we signed him they thought he was going to play in the Prem. Looks like it'll come true, unless they buy a couple of new LBs.

• Like 1

You would fancy Prem teams to pick apart the carcass of that Cov side now.  Gyökeres, Hamer and O'Hare all have less than a year left on their contracts (although O'Hare is injured so he might sign a new contract to protect himself) and they have a few loanees in their first team who wont be there next year

• Like 2

Just now, KentExile said:

You would fancy Prem teams to pick apart the carcass of that Cov side now.  Gyökeres, Hamer and O'Hare all have less than a year left on their contracts (although O'Hare is injured so he might sign a new contract to protect himself) and they have a few loanees in their first team who wont be there next year

can see gyokeres and hamer ending up at midtable premier league sides,villa,west ham etc.both of them are to good for the championship

Are Luton moving to a new stadium, or it doesn't meet Prem league standards or something? Confused by the pundit saying 'I really hope we get to see Premiership football at Kenilworth Road'... they just got promoted so, presumably, yes we will?

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Are Luton moving to a new stadium, or it doesn't meet Prem league standards or something? Confused by the pundit saying 'I really hope we get to see Premiership football at Kenilworth Road'... they just got promoted so, presumably, yes we will?

it`s something about access to media,var and other stuff you only get in the premier league,they have to knock those garden sheds down on one side to achieve all of it

• Like 1

Congratulations to Luton. It's a fantastic achievement for a club with quite meagre resources but they make up for that with a spirit money can't buy. Their manager seems a good sort but as much as I dislike Nathan Jones some credit has to go to him. I'm looking forward to some of the big time millionaires in the Premier League seeing the facilities at Kenilworth Road.

• Like 5

Luton have the plot of land but haven't started work on it yet. This promotion will buy them the new stadium. Quite something to go from the top division, out of the league and back to the top again.

Glad that handball at Ewood hasn't catapulted Coventry into the Premier League.

Just explained to my Everton supporting stepson that Luton will be using their superior financial strength to take their pick of Everton players after relegation tomorrow... He didn't quite see it that way.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I read they will have a new stand built very quickly like Blackpool did when they went up. They also have to improve media and disabled facilities.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

In one of the previous matches the commentary said they need to spend 10 million on it to meet the requirements for it to be used in the premier league 

• Like 1

Can't believe Luton are going to be in the Prem. My mind still associates them with L1 or L2. We missed a humongous opportunity to go up this year. Don't think the league will be as weak as last year for some time. 

What could have been if it wasn't for the disintegration of the last 10 games and those two last second equalisers v the two finalist sides.

• Like 2

Bournemouth and Luton - 10k PL crowds, Brentford - 17k PL crowds.

The Premier League isn’t some mythical far off land, it’s as achievable as ever for all kinds of clubs, you just need to be well run on and off the pitch…

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, benhben said:

Can't believe Luton are going to be in the Prem. My mind still associates them with L1 or L2. We missed a humongous opportunity to go up this year. Don't think the league will be as weak as last year for some time. 

What could have been if it wasn't for the disintegration of the last 10 games and those two last second equalisers v the two finalist sides.

Not sure it's loads different than Brentford going up. Similar stories, Similar grounds before Brentford moved. Just goes to show that, even though the Championship is an absolute slog, promotion is more than achieveable if you get things right