BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hartlepool Utd (h) - Carabao Cup, 10/8/22

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

It's the other way around. The league game got moved to Sunday, so that's why the cup games been moved also, I think.

Their weekend game got moved to Monday due to the Commonwealth Games so the cup game got moved to Thursday and then the knock on of our game to the Sunday.

7 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

What is the temperature like in Blackburn this evening? It is a balmy 28 degrees here on the north coast of Brittany... I don't envy the players if it is a dry hot atmosphere this evening en Angelterre...

Still 28 degrees at mo but likely to drop to 24 at 7pm 😎

35 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

What is the temperature like in Blackburn this evening? It is a balmy 28 degrees here on the north coast of Brittany... I don't envy the players if it is a dry hot atmosphere this evening en Angelterre...

It is a warm & sunny 97 (36 Celsius) here in Waco right now…. It will be at least 102 today. Ah, Texas in the summertime! 😎 ☀️ 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

28 degrees 

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Teams out :

Pears

JRC.    Phillips.   Wharton.   Edun

Morton     A Wharton 

.  Markanday.   Dack.        Dolan 

Vale

Good team, will be interesting to see how they do.

Brave that, 10 changes from the weekend.

Batty on the bench... I thought he was miles off?

Edited by Exiled_Rover

10 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

The Wharton brothers starting together, that's nice to see. 

When was the last time that happened, did the Olssons overlap?

They did. They played in the same team too 🙂 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I would doubt if Annesley will get game-time under any circumstances. Batty might get minutes, if we are well in the lead. Kaminski, if there is an injury to Pears. The other subs, if we are losing.

Yes, I'm pretty sure Martin and Marcus played a few times in the same team, but then again maybe that is just my fuzzy memory compounded by decent French wine and a lovely al fresco dinner. Any stattos to clarify?

16 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's pretty much what I and seemingly most others on here would have picked. The only real question mark was over whether it would be Morton plus Wharton, Morton plus Garrett, or (least likely) Wharton and Garrett. Rest of the team practically picked itself. Think S. Wharton would have been rested too if we had a reasonably experienced CB to replace him (or even just Barnes). Personally I think I'd have swerved Pears too (just like he swerves the ball). At least Kaminski is on the bench in case Pears starts playing dodgeball.

That attack is plenty good enough to dispatch Hartlepool, and should be hungry enough to pull it off. Haven't seen Morton or Wharton much but they're rated. JRC is dogshit unfortunately, not really any getting around that (unlike JRC, who there is plenty of getting around) as I think resting as many of Saturday's players as possible was the right call. Phillips, well hopefully his inexperience won't be a problem and we see the beast we've been hearing about. Not that I'll see it, sadly.

4 defenders on the bench, 2 of them LBs I believe, is a bit odd.

This team is strong enough on paper to see off a League Two side who have started with a draw and a defeat, at our own ground. If we balls it up, it won't reflect well on the character of some of these second stringers.

I wouldn't want to see it face a Championship team though. Mostly as the defence and keeper look a bit frail.

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It's pretty much what I and seemingly most others on here would have picked. The only real question mark was over whether it would be Morton plus Wharton, Morton plus Garrett, or (least likely) Wharton and Garrett. Rest of the team practically picked itself. Think S. Wharton would have been rested too if we had a reasonably experienced CB to replace him (or even just Barnes). Personally I think I'd have swerved Pears too (just like he swerves the ball). At least Kaminski is on the bench in case Pears starts playing dodgeball.

That attack is plenty good enough to dispatch Hartlepool, and should be hungry enough to pull it off. Haven't seen Morton or Wharton much but they're rated. JRC is dogshit unfortunately, not really any getting around that (unlike JRC, who there is plenty of getting around) as I think resting as many of Saturday's players as possible was the right call. Phillips, well hopefully his inexperience won't be a problem and we see the beast we've been hearing about. Not that I'll see it, sadly.

4 defenders on the bench, 2 of them LBs I believe, is a bit odd.

Of the subs, only Pickering is a left-back. 

Edited by rigger

7 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Yes, I'm pretty sure Martin and Marcus played a few times in the same team, but then again maybe that is just my fuzzy memory compounded by decent French wine and a lovely al fresco dinner. Any stattos to clarify?

It's already been clarified, they did. There were even jokes about selling them the worse twin when Norwich came in for Martin.

Just now, rigger said:

Only Pickering is a left-back. 

Am I getting mixed up with my youth team LBs and RBs again? If Batty is a RB, I'd probably start him ahead of JRC, who simply isn't good enough and unlikely to ever be so.

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It's already been clarified, they did. There were even jokes about selling them the worse twin when Norwich came in for Martin.

Ta. Hopefully we will be able to crack similar jokes about the Wharton boys at some point...

2 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Ta. Hopefully we will be able to crack similar jokes about the Wharton boys at some point...

Nah, hopefully they're both brill, and we get promoted and never need to sell them 😁 They're not identical twins like the Olssons anyway so the joke wouldn't land the same.

Just seen Martin Olsson actually joined Malmo in 2021 and is still there as far as I can tell. JDT signed him.

Edited by bluebruce