BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (a) - 17/8/22 - Mark 1

4 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

Some of you lot as so pessimistic it’s a joke. We had a crappy half, happens to every team. Let’s see how he responds and what changes he makes but jeez calm down. One bad 45 minutes and it’s the end of the world. It’s sport and it happens. Don’t throw in the towel just yet

Crappy is very generous. I'm always optimistic and reckon there is a result here for us but it's not dramatic in saying that was diabolical. Absolutely mauled for 45 mins and nothing encouraging. 

• Like 1

Radio for me today. Sounds like we are struggling against a side who aren’t just concerning themselves with pointless possession above all else, to the extent that we’ve reverted to doing it.

Garner is furious at our pissing about trying to play it out from the back and has highlighted a lack of movement in midfield at least half a dozen times.

1 minute ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I was one of the biggest "Mowbray Out" posters on here, but I 100% agree with those saying that 45 mins was as bad as anything we saw under the Dinosaur.

Terrible, what's plan B? Need some height up top, oh and maybe on a GK we should FUCKING KICK THE BALL LONG. We laugh at teams that play this tactic vs us.

It’s a weaker team than last season with less recruits. 

Neither manager is a miracle worker, you Wee with the Willy you’ve got and we’ll be lucky to finish mid table with the current squad. 

• Like 1

I did say this was a banana skin, but feck me, this is a bit embarrassing - Rovers seem to want Reading camped in their half, and don't appear to have a clue about how to get forward. I keep screaming at the screen, "Pass it forward" but it feels very reminiscent of days under the gurning chump, where there was an inevitability about the negative play, in that we almost inevitably lose the ball or worse give it away, and invite even more pressure.

Time for the men to step up (apologies to the Lionesses amongst us) and give Reading a game. Over to ye, JDT!!

COYB!

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I've been saying for ages Dolan and Vale not good enough....getting slagged off for it while we were winning...Preston had it right.

You couldn’t spot a player if Kenny and Ferguson lined them up for you. 

In a game like this, Gallagher up top is vital.

We had zero outlet up front and nobody able to hold onto the ball. Vale looked totally out of depth, I wouldn't have noticed that Dolan was even playing and BBD dreadful.

Dack, Hedges and Gallagher on at HT and we might have half a chance.

5 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

If the Spurs DoF is watching, I don’t think he’ll be impressed by Phillips at all. Looks way off a starter level.

Paul Ince has correctly identified that Reading can bully us and they’ve done that so well, you have to give credit to unsettling us and getting their supporters onside and behind them.

We have to hope they’ve blown themselves out and come out second half with their foot off the gas, having to rely on their youth subs. Can’t be playing out from the back as we have, it’s not working. Pen them in and make them play long. Pepper their dodgy keeper.

Vale off and immediately out on loan. I’d wait five or ten for any more changes.

Phillips play with the ball at his feet needs a lot of work. His a big physical player but only plays simple passes sideway and back. Often plays it out to safety. Good decision vs giving the ball away but far from what’s desired. Still has a lot of development left 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

Radio for me today. Sounds like we are struggling against a side who aren’t just concerning themselves with pointless possession above all else, to the extent that we’ve reverted to doing it.

Garner is furious at our pissing about trying to play it out from the back and has highlighted a lack of movement in midfield at least half a dozen times.

Yep no pressing, no movement, trying to pass it about at the back and losing it. The few times it has been in Reading's half, Vale and Dolan have looked like strangers to the game. BBD looks more Brereton than Diaz.

As someone else said, only Ayala came out of that half blameless.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

I was a big fan of dolan but the more I see of him the poorer he looks

Vale a million miles off champ standard 

Buckley invisible again 

Pickering isn't a decent fullback 

Sammie looks a poor signing at this moment in time 

Have to agree with all this, I thought Dolan wouod be very useful but he's at nothing the last while. Shame as again seems a good lad and is going but he's rapidly declining.

The rest is accurate too.