BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 3/9/22

12 minutes ago, Gav said:

It is all by Sodex which I know is a real bone of contention for many.

We have 3 bees brewery up the road, Hopstar in Darwen and plenty of independent food outlets locally. We are not using them because rubbish like Sodex are given the contract, it’s just another example of not giving a toss.

You're not often right, but bravo on this occasion 🤣

Stanley have Bowland Brewery, as did burnley last year. Not sure about them this season, probably just sisters love gush on tap.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

not time to panic yet,we just need to tighten up,at the moment we are far to open to the counter attack,which is what bristol city did all game,jdt must know it surely

I'm not panicking, I'm just perplexed as to how people can be positive about that performance.

With a fully fit defence I don't think we'd have been beat today. I am worried about us being reliant on BBD though, as I have been since January.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Finlay McKenna said:

Not an awful performance, but clearly lost that game in the midfield, in hindsight we needed either a back 3 or a holding midfielder today.

All the attackers looked pretty bright today, liked the look of Hirst.

Bar Travis the defence was pretty strong, nice to see Pickering playing well, not a backline that deserved to concede 3 today.

Left far too open on counter attacks, extra man back either in the midfield or defence would've done us the world of good.

At least we're creating a few decent chances finally! Onto Wigan.

We could have conceded four in that first half.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Come across both Sodexo and Compass (catering facilities management companies) on many occasions over the years.  Fair to say not a fan and based upon personal experiences would generally rate both in the 3 to 6 out of 10 range.  Tend to do better at the more prestigious events (Compass do Wimbledon).  IMO, given the nature of the beasts, unsurprisingly things go awry in venues like Rovers. 

Do Sodexo have a resident sommelier,  Mercer?

34 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Totally agree, was at the Black Bull before the game, really good atmosphere, the club should support local business, not even a bitter in the ground, appalling.

After the game I was in the ground, and I was bitter.

• Like 6

That’s 3 performances this season that I would rank as being the worst I’ve seen since the Coyle days.

Teams have worked us out and the players are nowhere near good enough to play out from the back in the manner JDT envisions. We’re too disjointed going forward, vulnerable on the transition and having to make high risk passes time and again just to get out of our half. The tactics are naive to the extreme.

JDT is out of his depth . His tactics are naive and he doesn’t change a thing tactically during the game. We’re conceding 3 goals a game on a regular basis now and consistently struggle to keep the ball or sustain pressure. There’s no pattern of play or clear plan for how we are going to create chances. Unfortunately I think his hiring was a massive misstep and will need rectifying before the season ends if we want to avoid getting relegated.

Edited by Wendal
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Our defenders between them had 322 touches of the ball which was a similar amount to the rest of the team including substitutes. That in itself tells a story.

Pass it along the backline for a minute > pass it forward > lose the ball > get hit on the break with at least 5 players marooned ahead of the ball. 

Rinse and repeat. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

“It's normal when it's a young group, we are in transition and this is a project. It will take time”

😳😳🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️

unless he makes adjustments it will be a short project

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Pass it along the backline for a minute > pass it forward > lose the ball > get hit on the break with at least 5 players marooned ahead of the ball. 

Rinse and repeat. 

It's really easy to play against and it's exactly what we did to Swansea. Tomasson has to come up with something better if we aren't to become a one dimensional, predictable team at home. 

• Like 3

We were beyond poor today. The only positive I can take, is that our goal difference only got worse by 1.

Iam not going to be able to sleep tonight, so I will apologize now , for any further bollocks I come out with.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

• Backroom

For me the Reading match was worse - at least we scored a couple in this one - but there are some obvious flaws in our approach which need to be ironed out sharpish. We've won 4 games out of 8 so it's not like the approach is completely flawed (even though most of those performances weren't particulary good either) but there's still something amiss with the way we're managing games at the moment. In particular we often seem to start slowly, struggling to get into the game in the early stages. We clearly have issues defensively as well, but that may partially be down to a lack of consistency in defensive pairings. We've had various players filling in at the back, and at RB especially we've got various players slotting in there (JRC, Travis, Buckley) who aren't naturals in that position and are making us weak on that side. That's just down to poor recruiment I'm afraid. 

One small positive is that we haven't drawn any matches yet, meaning despite losing half of our first eight games we still have a fairly healthy points return. Losing four of the last five is obviously a huge concern though, especially having conceded nine goals in three of those matches. We are going to begin dropping down the table like a stone if JDT doesn't get a grip on the situation quickly. Our good start has given us a buffer to smooth things over, but these issues need to be addressed soon or we'll soon be at the wrong end of the table and the pressure really will start piling on. It's pointless discussing a long-term journey if we're involved in an immediate relegation battle.

We can only hope the manager finds a way to shore us up defensively, and we have better luck with injuries over the next few months. A settled back line will almost certainly help us stem the flow of goals being conceded at the moment. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Not all the time, just against other teams that play 3 at the back.

That said looking at the fixture list for the next 6 games 5 of the teams play 3 at the back (only Cardiff go 4231).  So..... Yeah.

I still think, what we should do is concentrate on what we do best. If it isn't good enough, so be it, try something different.

• Like 1