BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wigan Athletic (a) 11/10/2022

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Balls to him he's swerved us twice now as far as i'm aware.

What JDT needs is a kick up the arse from Greg Broughton and maybe a close look at the coaching staff because all this resembles being stuck between Mowbrays tactics and whatever these overseas coaches are trying to implement. Which seems to be nothing more than putting all the emphasis on pissing around with it at the back.

I'm open to correction on this, but I thought JDT kept virtually all Mowbray's coaching staff in place at Ewood?🤔

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Can’t recall a game where so many players were so poor. Only Hyam, Brittain and Wharton Jnr can hold their heads up. The days of £20m for Diaz seem a long time ago, he got every decision in the box wrong. As said above, there’s just not enough quality.

He could be worth 120 million right now, we still wouldn't be seeing a penny of it. 

But he was very poor tonight, seemed always on a different page to his teammates. 

5 minutes ago, Tricky said:

I'd rather... 

Kaminski

Brittain Hyam Ayala Ronnie Pickering 

Hedges Dack Morton Dolan 

Diaz Gallagher 

At least we'd score a few... 

But aren't you making the same mistake as others have done on here in recent weeks and picking 12?!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Can’t recall a game where so many players were so poor. Only Hyam, Brittain and Wharton Jnr can hold their heads up. The days of £20m for Diaz seem a long time ago, he got every decision in the box wrong. As said above, there’s just not enough quality.

They’re the only three plus perhaps Kaminski (although he was parrying too much tonight) and Pickering who I would give a nod to as well. The rest were complete and utter trash with Travis (captain or not he needs dropping), Szmodics and Hirst leading the way. 

It says a lot about the team that you could genuinely make a case for dropping 8-9 from the starting eleven come Saturday. And we’re saying the same thing every other match!

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Didn't deserve to lose?!  We didn't even have one shot on target..I'm pretty sure I spotted thier keeper trimming his nose hairs at one point ..we got exactly what we deserved and that's 0 points 

I think a 0-0 would have been fair. Wigan were awful too and only scored due to a poor mistake. 

What I don't understand with the passing from the back is, if he trusts his back 3 or 5 to do it. Why does he ask/allow morton to constantly drop so deep to take it off them. Either he doesn't trust them and tells morton to do that or he does trust them and he needs to tell morton to move forward more and take the ball more in the middle and final third and help us create more. 

The gulf from what turns into a back 7 and the forward 3 is huge

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Downing pointing out that the way we’re playing doesn’t suit our personnel. Glad someone is saying it in the media!

Boro away on Saturday who are desperate for a win. I think we know what happens there.

Downing has got it spot on there. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Dack needs a chance. Needs to play an hour from the start, he'd a footballer and can take the pressure off, link play and has a goal in him. This league is poor, talk of him being finished is premature, out other options can't be considered way ahead if him so are they finished too? 

The end of the Dack era is not just a footballing decision, JDT desperately wants his wages to fund an already earmarked purchase in Jan. 

Dack will only go if he feels unwanted, so JDT must make him feel lonely and belittled, to make the deal happen in Jan.

We will have lost quite a number of away games due to this little feud/stand-off before Brad is sold for £750,000. 

JDT will play literally anyone ahead of BD, to ensure he's not here in Feb. 

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, whalleyrover said:

Nothing will improve until we have a clear out and fresh start WITHOUT VENKYS AND THE LUNATICS THAT WORK FOR THEM.

WE WANT OUR ROVERS BACK

The players be manager we’re solely to blame for tonight not a single shot on target and by playing sideways we allowed every Wigan player to stack up behind the ball tactics we’re on existent

How can the manager be accountable for players who were excellent one game and rubbish in the next eg Morton, Szmodics, Brereton etc? Surely they have to take responsibility for their huge swing in performance from game to game, too easy to blame the manager when players are so inconsistent.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Pickering was ok too.

The midfield was appalling, Adam excluded

4 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

The endof the Dack era is not just a footballing decision, JDT desperately wants his wages to fund an already earmarked purchase in Jan. 

Dack will only go if he feels unwanted, so JDT must make him feel lonely and belittled, to make the deal happen in Jan.

We will have lost quite a number of away games due to this little feud/stand-off before Brad is sold for £750,000. 

Spot on. That's what this shower are up to.blockquote widget

Edited by AllRoverAsia

4 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

The end of the Dack era is not just a footballing decision, JDT desperately wants his wages to fund an already earmarked purchase in Jan. 

£750k after a double acl? Pint of what you are drinking please 

Edited by 1864roverite

5 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

I'm open to correction on this, but I thought JDT kept virtually all Mowbray's coaching staff in place at Ewood?🤔

Lowe, Benson and Johnson are still there so they must be having some input.

JDT brought 2 in i think besides himself so that's 6 and that's a big staff but i doubt they are all singing from the same hymn sheet. It's the same old stuff it always was except more emphasis on playing it around and in our own box the rest of the team has no cohesion or balance is is just feeding off scraps.

Hirst, Gallagher, Szodics, Dolan etc just can play the type of quick passing and possession he wants they aren't the right types that is obvious. Every now and then a move will come off but largely it's awful and we just give it away first or second pass at most.

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You’ve got to wonder wether the players are unhappy with the system and have no faith in it.

They can't be. No way the forward players are happy all being played out of position. Plus Dack isn't just popular with the fans. A big dressing room figure being shunned will cause chatter amongst the players

• Like 8