BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

26 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

I feel as disillusioned with football as I have ever been. Only oil money and billionaires win club football.  And with the success of Argentina, Italy, Portugal it seems mostly just lying, diving, cheating football wins international competitions. That's the true key to success.

What's the point? 

Agree. Ruins the game when the team best at cheating wins. Sure Messi is amazing but a big part of their win is their cheating ways. Gutted. 

That trophy presentation was horrendous, I’d have thrown that cape at the sheik, covering up my national shirt. Messi ended up looking like James Brown the godfather of soul!

But take nothing away from the football, the best final I’ve ever seen, doubt I’ll see better in my lifetime. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Agree. Ruins the game when the team best at cheating wins. Sure Messi is amazing but a big part of their win is their cheating ways. Gutted. 

Remind me who got a yellow card for a blatant dive in the box? Get a grip, everyone does it and Harry Kane is a past master. 

2 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Remind me who got a yellow card for a blatant dive in the box? Get a grip, everyone does it and Harry Kane is a past master. 

Presumably these people would have been gutted had England and Raheem Sterling won the Euro’s. 

Everyone does indeed do it, it’s 2022 and there are fewer differences than ever between footballing cultures.

• Like 1

Iffy penalty, no VAR, no comment he fecking tripped himself up - imagine if that had been against us in the final.no check or anything).  The 2 Qatari boys in the final. 

Sorry, for me the most corrupt and disingenuous competition to date.  If I could be arsed I could find loads of dodgy decisions.  Saka not getting a free kick when we had the momentum and 2 seconds later ref blows for nothing to France...its a sham.  And it makes poetic sense that the biggest cheats benefit 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

I personally have not seen Croatia dive, and I watched all their matches. Or Japan. Or in fact England, bar Sterling - I don't recall Kane diving for England. And others. 

So I disagree that everyone does it. But those that do profit significantly. 

• Like 1

I have always liked Di Maria as a gifted footballer but simple fact is that he has always been a diver.

Unlike the majority of Argentinian players, since the ball was round, he doesn't spend most of the game obstructing, fouling or simply hacking down the opposition.

Sir Alf named them correctly.

• Like 1

I have complete admiration for both teams, who produced a brilliant game of football after a gruelling month long tournament. The falsehood that only teams of a Latin temperament push the boundaries of what is perceived to be cheating is a load of garbage. We see diving and feigning injury in every PL game, Ferguson’s United were masters it and Don Revie’s Leeds were the doyens of the dark arts in football. If England had a bit more devilment about them, they’d maybe win a tournament. Argentina for the first 80 minutes today were excellent, and fully deserved to win the WC.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Giant said:

I have complete admiration for both teams, who produced a brilliant game of football after a gruelling month long tournament. The falsehood that only teams of a Latin temperament push the boundaries of what is perceived to be cheating is a load of garbage. We see diving and feigning injury in every PL game, Ferguson’s United were masters it and Don Revie’s Leeds were the doyens of the dark arts in football. If England had a bit more devilment about them, they’d maybe win a tournament. Argentina for the first 80 minutes today were excellent, and fully deserved to win the WC.

...and how is any of that good, or ok? United were hated for a very good reason. If integrity counts for absolute 0 and all that matters is winning...I for one have no interest in a sport like that. Would rather watch curling. 

• Like 2

Obviously like anyone would Argentina do have a reliance on Messi and I do think there are perhaps on paper better squads than theirs but they do have some good other players. Alvarez is a real talent up front and a quality signing by Man City, Enzo Fernandez deservedly won young player of the tournament, Di Maria is still someone that is playing at a high level, Romero and a surprisingly often unused Lisandro Martinez are 2 of the best centre backs in the Premier League, Mac Allister has always caught the eye for Brighton, Emiliano Martinez is a very good keeper and Rodrigo De Paul is another good player playing at a high level.

Unreal game. France did what they did against England, second best for long periods but score their first chance. The extra time was the most frantic I've ever seen. 

Amazing way for Messi to go out. 

Bit like an end of an era this world cup as some of the best players to have ever play the game (Messi, Ronaldo and Modric) probably won't be seen on the international stage again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

So answer the queston yourself then!

Should the current women's manager be in situ or not?

My guess is that you won't directly answer the question for obvious reasons.

I would like an English coach like Emma Hayes in charge, but like I said you had already the question for yourself with your previous post.