BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry (a) - 1/11/22 - at CBS Arena (the Ricoh in old money)

3 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Very very poor. Vale has zero ability to play with his back to goal, no physicality whatsoever.

On tonight's evidence he doesn't have any ability to do anything useful at all.  Even closing down, purely an effort thing, he sort of sets of lumbering as if it is some hardship and gets there just in time to turn around and walk away as they pass it around him.

He'll find his level in League 2 eventually.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, superniko said:

I know Brittain missed our best chance but he’s been our best player for me. A very good outlet for us. Would rather him on the right and Pickering on the left though 

He’s looked dreadful to me. Not his fault, he’s clearly out of position, but looks uncomfortable defending from that side and is always naturally coming backwards when on the ball.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SamTheShrew said:

This isn’t going to be the game we breaks the duck of coming back from conceding first. They will score more, no doubt. Dreadful plan, whatever it is. 

I just don’t understand why we have these games where it seems the plan is to dick around on the top of our box, play back from the attacking half and invite pressure. I’d like to see a stat that shows the number of passes to/from Kamenski in matches we’ve won vs lost. 

• Like 2

Just now, roverandout said:

We desperately need another forward in January.  If Diaz is off it, we have no threat. Vale is conference standard.  Gallagher is hit and miss. Hirst is shit

Last January. We should have had another through the door in Summer too. At the moment our only proper CF is Sam Gallagher.

I'd be happy for Vale to never wear the shirt again.

They've all been awful tonight though including Tomasson who has got this massively wrong.

• Like 5

Just now, cesus said:

Very tough watch that, incredibly poor. Jack Vale is being schooled by their defenders. Unless somebody starts carrying the ball forwards we stand no chance of scoring.

this is proper competetive football at a high level and vale has`nt the ability to cope with it,you can tell after 4/5 games if a young lad is going to be any use,adam wharton comes in and you could see from the start he looks like he belongs,vale sadly is never going to make it at this level

• Like 2

How can you be second in the league, coming off the back of 4 wins, going to a club in crisis and we put in a showing like that? Its horrendous management to go with the team and tactics we have. Should have been flying out the trap, putting them under pressure, high energy and tempo. But no, playing players out of position, passing it around the back and slow sluggish tempo. Terrible.

• Like 5

Not good performance so far from us. Poor in possession and Poor defending for the first goal. 

I would be making at least 1 sub at Half time with Pickering coming on. Move Brittain to right back. I would be tempted Even bring Dolan on aswell and going 4-2-3-1 in the second half.

Time, we came back from this and get at least a point there. 

Coventry run in straight lines forward, every player.

Zero sideways movement.  Makes it easy to slip to attackers in the channels.

Out of possession they sit off but between our midfield players, wait for the pass and then step forward to intercept.

They've analysed us and it shows, they know what we're going to do before we do.

Good side. We should be 3 down as already been said.

We're not going to get anything from this game, we just need to protect our goal difference column.

• Like 2