BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry (a) - 1/11/22 - at CBS Arena (the Ricoh in old money)

Apologies if this had been posted before

Match might not go ahead or could be played at a different venue

While Saturday's match will proceed as planned, other options are being considered for the Sky Blues' next home game against Blackburn on Tuesday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63427703?fbclid=IwAR2tepz27s4EaStrbICXtZ6EP8xF2ihN0D2dQHvIBPU6oFKxyFeMPvJRQXQ

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Absolute joke of a set up at Coventry.  Should never have left Highfield Road.  Great ground,

i`ve got great memories of highfield road,shearer monstering them in our first season in the premier league and an irate coventry fan throwing a pint glass at my head😆,to be fair to coventry it`s not their fault a silly egg chasing club has gone bust because they got over ambitious,i hope coventry can get their own ground someday and get back on track

• Like 1

It's incredible really that four days before a scheduled match in one of the biggest leagues in Europe there is uncertainty as to where it will be played. In the recent past Coventry have played home games at Northampton, Birmingham and Burton so who knows where this match might end up if the Coventry Arena isn't available. If the game is to be played elsewhere what about fans who have booked transport, arranged time off work etc.

It really is our and frankly unacceptable.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It's incredible really that four days before a scheduled match in one of the biggest leagues in Europe there is uncertainty as to where it will be played. In the recent past Coventry have played home games at Northampton, Birmingham and Burton so who knows where this match might end up if the Coventry Arena isn't available. If the game is to be played elsewhere what about fans who have booked transport, arranged time off work etc.

It really is our and frankly unacceptable.

Same as Hull last season the EFL don't give a toss about the fans.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, J*B said:

What happens if you’ve already booked transport to Coventry? 

You’re right that anyone who has paid for transport should be compensated but anyone who has booked train tickets from Lancashire to Coventry and back for a night game is the definition of an optimist at the moment.

• Like 1

I think we know what will happen if it does get called off or moved.

There will be a 4-5 line 'apology' from the authorities and clubs dreamt up by someone in an office who has probably never paid to go to an away game in their life.

Then that will be the end of the matter. No action, no compensation, just get your tickets paid for and shut up.

For all the talk of treating fans with respect I see precious little evidence of it from clubs and particularly the ghastly EFL who time and time again leave the paying supporters in the lurch.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, only2garners said:

You’re right that anyone who has paid for transport should be compensated but anyone who has booked train tickets from Lancashire to Coventry and back for a night game is the definition of an optimist at the moment.

I know a few who are due to travel down by train on Tuesday, stay overnight and come back on Wednesday.

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

There will be a 4-5 line 'apology' from the authorities and clubs dreamt up by someone in an office who has probably never paid to go to an away game in their life.

Then that will be the end of the matter. No action, no compensation, just get your tickets paid for and shut up.

For all the talk of treating fans with respect I see precious little evidence of it from clubs and particularly the ghastly EFL who time and time again leave the paying supporters in the lurch.

I mean after Hull cancelled our match with them last season at like 2.50pm, the line has been drawn in the sand I'm afraid.

Coventry won't forfeit the match, they'll just play it at another venue at a different time - one that's no doubt inconvenient to Rovers and our fans.

13 hours ago, JHRover said:

I’ve been caught out numerous times booking train tickets, etc and games being called off or moved for nonsense reasons. Hull, Fulham I think it was when sky decided less than 3 weeks to go before ko decided to move it to Sunday, I seem to recall had a game rearranged in Yorkshire somewhere to a Friday night to make way for a jet skiing tournament or some nonsense. Then ones like Newport where called off due to weather last minute. 

The one thing they all have in common is never received a penny back for transport/accommodation. These days just end up booking stuff last minute and paying a premium. Fans mean nowt to the suits, never have done never will do.

West ham will be the next one booked an hideously expensive train down. Just watch mick lynch decide they’re not working that day…

Edited by matt83

9 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I’ve been caught out numerous times booking train tickets, etc and games being called off or moved for nonsense reasons. Hull, Fulham I think it was when sky decided less than 3 weeks to go before ko decided to move it to Sunday, I seem to recall had a game rearranged in Yorkshire somewhere to a Friday night to make way for a jet skiing tournament or some nonsense. Then ones like Newport where called off due to weather last minute. 

The one thing they all have in common is never received a penny back for transport/accommodation. These days just end up booking stuff last minute and paying a premium. Fans mean nowt to the suits, never have done never will do.

West ham will be the next one booked an hideously expensive train down. Just watch mick lynch decide they’re not working that day…

He already has Matt. Train strike on the day of the West Ham game and a tube strike the day after.

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Matt - he already has. There's a train strike on the day of the West Ham game and a tube strike the day after.

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Hull away being cancelling at 2pm last season was a joke. We got no money back for our transport cost, and we only got our money back for the tickets as we couldn't the reschedule date for the fixture

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Robins sounds pretty certain that the match will go ahead, either at Cov or somewhere else.

Apparently a flu bug has been going through their squad the last day or two. Could be an ideal time to play them. 

Which is probably why they’ll somehow get out of it - ala Hull last season. As you say, we really need this to go ahead.

• Like 1

Will it happen or won't it? One thing is for sure, there will be absolutely zero consideration given towards the fans of either club. 

Optimistically I will go for a 5-0 win for the Rovers. We're going to win the league! 

Also get on the prediction centre.

https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/football/predictor

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 1

• Upside Down changed the title to v Coventry City (a) 1/11/2022 .....MAYBE.....

As much as we all know Hull just bottled it last year, their excuse of covid was a reasonable argument to postpone the game at the last minute. It is a situation, like bad weather or something like that, that was out of the club's control. Naturally I think there should have been a 12pm cutoff for that rather than announcing at 2:30 or whatever it was.

Coventry's situation is entirely of their own making and if they cannot fulfil the fixture because they couldn’t find a venue then the match should be forfeit to us and we are given a 3-0 win. Every other club in league and non league football can provide a venue for their matches. There is no excuse.

• Like 1