BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry (a) - 1/11/22 - at CBS Arena (the Ricoh in old money)

Think this one will be a tough game. No reason we can't go there and win, but Coventry have always seemed a pretty well organised side. They aren't looking too good league table wise, but they have games in hand and have had to deal with some tough extenuating circumstances - games in hand, lobsided split in home/away games and even a sickness bug on the weekend.

If we play our game as we can, we'll win. But it's a funny old league!

16 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Which doesn't include the stadium, so I suspect Sparks has put two and two together prematurely. We won't know until the lunchtime meeting today.

I just think that the landlord has no option but to keep the football club playing there, obviously the new owners of Wasps are back down the M1 sharpish to their natural home, perhaps a groundshare with a Orient or someone like that.....

Suddenly the landlord of the stadium need the football, the owner of CCFC must be able to cut that deal today.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

Think this one will be a tough game. No reason we can't go there and win, but Coventry have always seemed a pretty well organised side. They aren't looking too good league table wise, but they have games in hand and have had to deal with some tough extenuating circumstances - games in hand, lobsided split in home/away games and even a sickness bug on the weekend.

If we play our game as we can, we'll win. But it's a funny old league!

I'd be surprised if there aren't significant knock on effects from that bug. If it's flu as has been reported, that's not going to clear up for them all in a day or two. Plus you'd think there's a very decent chance that some players will have developed symptoms later, and they won't have been training in a meaningful way to prevent the bug spreading. They even had to put demonstrably unfit players on the pitch for 90 mins at the weekend due to a lack of options, so they won't welcome another game just a couple of days later. 

If they can still perform to a good level with all of that going against them then fair play, but by all accounts they were lucky to escape from the Blackpool game without a hiding. 

15 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I just think that the landlord has no option but to keep the football club playing there, obviously the new owners of Wasps are back down the M1 sharpish to their natural home, perhaps a groundshare with a Orient or someone like that.....

Suddenly the landlord of the stadium need the football, the owner of CCFC must be able to cut that deal today.

I agree with you mate but your post gave the impression that it had been confirmed.

Had a look through Coventry's last five games. They've played 352 consistently and taken apart a few teams in a 4231 or 433 so I think we need to match up. 

Kaminski

Carter      Hyam      S Wharton

Travis   Smodics   Morton  A Wharton    Pickering

Gallagher     Brereton 

Glad it sounds likely they can make it work and the game will go ahead. If Brittain or Hedges come back then I woudl see Travis being dropped for them at RWB.

• Like 1

Kaminski

Hyam      Ayala     Wharton

Brittain                                          Pickering

Morton          Wharton

Szmodics

Gallagher     Brereton

I’d like to see us line up like this pretty consistently. I’d bring Travis or Garrett in for Szmodics against the better teams when we are away. I’d replace Pickering with Hedges when he’s fit again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Kaminski

Hyam      Ayala     Wharton

Brittain                                          Pickering

Morton          Wharton

Szmodics

Gallagher     Brereton

I’d like to see us line up like this pretty consistently. I’d bring Travis or Garrett in for Szmodics against the better teams when we are away. I’d replace Pickering with Hedges when he’s fit again.

Can't see him dropping his captain, mate. Is Brittain back? If so I go...

Kaminski

Hyam Ayala Wharton

Brittain Travis Szmodics Morton Pickering

Gallagher Brereton

I'd like to get Hedges into that team if possible but I like Pickering at the moment. 

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Had a look through Coventry's last five games. They've played 352 consistently and taken apart a few teams in a 4231 or 433 so I think we need to match up. 

Kaminski

Carter      Hyam      S Wharton

Travis   Smodics   Morton  A Wharton    Pickering

Gallagher     Brereton 

Glad it sounds likely they can make it work and the game will go ahead. If Brittain or Hedges come back then I woudl see Travis being dropped for them at RWB.

Although I agree for Travis to be dropped…There’s no way JDT will drop him.

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

Can't see him dropping his captain, mate. Is Brittain back? If so I go...

Kaminski

Hyam Ayala Wharton

Brittain Travis Szmodics Morton Pickering

Gallagher Brereton

I'd like to get Hedges into that team if possible but I like Pickering at the moment. 

Neither can I unfortunately. 

Pickering has definitely improved a great deal over the last month or so. Well worthy of his place, but I do really like the idea of Hedges playing left wing back.

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Neither can I unfortunately. 

Pickering has definitely improved a great deal over the last month or so. Well worthy of his place, but I do really like the idea of Hedges playing left wing back.

I think it’s tactical that he plays RWB, he comes infield which draws men over to our right, exploiting space for Brereton on the left, at least that’s my impression.

Tough selection, Brittain has to come back in as a natural right back but Travis, A Wharton, Morton and Szmodics into 3 positions doesnt go. Ayala is also pushing for a start. Dolan was our worst player at the weekend so he drops out.

I think Adam Wharton will drop out as he is very cautious about playing him too often. Maybe it makes sense to have him as a sub tomorrow and potentially back in at the weekend, 50/50 between him and Travis. There is a hint in the LT of consideration for Brereton to be rested and he has looked shattered lately. Hopefully he can play in these 2 games and be left at home when we play West Ham.

Kaminski

Hyam Ayala Wharton

Brittain Travis Morton Pickering

Szmodics

Gallagher Brereton

Subs: Pears, Carter, A.Wharton, Dack, Markanday, Dolan, Mola

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Tough selection, Brittain has to come back in as a natural right back but Travis, A Wharton, Morton and Szmodics into 3 positions doesnt go. Ayala is also pushing for a start. Dolan was our worst player at the weekend so he drops out.

I think Adam Wharton will drop out as he is very cautious about playing him too often. Maybe it makes sense to have him as a sub tomorrow and potentially back in at the weekend, 50/50 between him and Travis. There is a hint in the LT of consideration for Brereton to be rested and he has looked shattered lately. Hopefully he can play in these 2 games and be left at home when we play West Ham.

Kaminski

Hyam Ayala Wharton

Brittain Travis Morton Pickering

Szmodics

Gallagher Brereton

Subs: Pears, Carter, A.Wharton, Dack, Markanday, Dolan, Mola

I'd leave the whole first XI at home for the West Ham game!

That's the side I'd go with too, albeit it's harsh on A. Wharton and to a degree, Carter. 

43 minutes ago, Realistic Rover said:

I think it’s tactical that he plays RWB, he comes infield which draws men over to our right, exploiting space for Brereton on the left, at least that’s my impression.

Yeah, there were certainly some attacking benefits to it. I suppose it’s down to JDTs staff to figure out which opponents it will work best against