BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry (a) - 1/11/22 - at CBS Arena (the Ricoh in old money)

Another surprise from Tomasson’s bag of tricks. Looks unbalanced and lightweight to me but I’m just an old cynic. Let’s see how it goes. My first game live against this lot since 1967 (we lost at home). Come on Rovers

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Interesting to selection. Brittain at left back. Vale replacing Gallagher. Lets hope he can score tonight. Shame Gallagher is injured. Going for 2-1 Rovers with Hyam scoring the winner. 

No, It's what I would do. If you can't accept that my opinion is different on Dack than yours then fair enough, but I'm not going on about this in every match day thread cos I don't pick Dack every time. Far to focus on him every time from Fans. 

Cos I wanted 2 forwards on the bench and in Dolan and Vale I have that. Dolan can play 4 different positions where its pressing number 9, number 10 or wide on either side

And yet here you are again.

Don’t mind Vale starting if Gally is injured…Good to see JDT going with him over Hirst. 

However, scratching my head at Travis RWB though (assuming he’s there), when we have Pickering and Carter on the bench. 
Feels like we’re just shoehorning the captain in as he’s captain.

• Like 3

The Vale selection is, for me,  identical to the Hirst selection when he started. 

'Here is your chance, take it or lose it'.

I had seen nothing to justify Hirst's selection, and I have seen little from Vale to justify this selection. In fact, when Vale plays, he has lost the ball a number of times resulting in swift attacks for the opposition. 

When everyone except Chaddy predicted the outcome of the Hirst experiment, based on all available evidence, we were all proved right. 

I think the Vale selection will split opinion, although the available evidence suggests that Vale will struggle, and be replaced after 65 min. 

I hope he proves us wrong, or at least understands that he needs to hold and keep the ball and bring into play his senior colleagues. 

Dolan would do a lot of running to protect the exhausted BBD, and Vale will need to do the same. My worry is that Diaz will have to run more to protect Vale.

This a big risk for Saturday.

COYB!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I look forward to seeing your plaited sawdust, should be quite the sight.

I have started, it's a bit messy, and I am going to have to drink a few beers, to lubricate my throat with all this dust. Also to get me over the shock. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Another surprise from Tomasson’s bag of tricks. Looks unbalanced and lightweight to me but I’m just an old cynic. Let’s see how it goes. My first game live against this lot since 1967 (we lost at home). Come on Rovers

Enjoy Jim!

Three more points in the bag tonight despite a seemingly odd team selection.  JDT keeps reeling off the wins and at 9/4, there's very decent coin to be made on a Rovers' win.

As best as I can recall, 1967 was the game where we had about 30,000 on at Ewood against Jimmy Hill's Sky Blues and we were the best team and set fair to win until Fergie saw the red mist and laid one of their players out.  Where the feck have those 55 years gone!?

Come on Rovers - win and I can open a red - lose or draw and I'll have to stick with tea! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, superniko said:

Don’t mind Vale starting if Gally is injured…Good to see JDT going with him over Hirst. 

However, scratching my head at Travis RWB....

Just hope JDT doesn't expect Trav to do what Hedges does when he is RWB. That would be fun 🤣

Circumstance and selection, has given Coventry a chance, but we should be confident, take the game to them, and win. 

Game on!!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Given the inverted wing back carry on against Sunderland I believe? It's the only thing I can think of...I do think the team is winning games in spite of the selection but I'm still happy at where we are and can't knock that but seems all a bit pick and mix approach

Unfortunately he was left a weak, unbalanced squad by Mowbray. He's done brilliantly to pick up the results he has so far.

38 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Worryingly I don't think so.

Shoe horning Travis in when Carter is an actual defender. His form has been very poor and he picked up a suspension but seems he is gonna play no matter what.

If we take notice of JDT’s picks at wing back I think he prefers midfielders over defenders. The focus is on inverting them when we’re in possession and overloading the midfield.

I think he’d have picked Hedges if he were fit, which explains why he won’t start with Carter there but may end with him there…if we’re trying to see the match out? 

• Like 2

So, is Pickering unfit? If so, he wouldn't be on the bench?

If Pickering had played tonight, I'd be confident that we would keep a clean sheet.

Without him, I'm nowhere near as confident. 

Trav is in to allow JDT to play another forward, which I would usually applaud, but this selection will invite Coventry onto us. 

More nervous than I should be.

Last coupla Coventry attacks prove my point....