BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry (a) - 1/11/22 - at CBS Arena (the Ricoh in old money)

40 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Wharton looked pissed to get taken off at the weekend - I'm sure he's got more than an hour in the tank, but he's being protected like Phillips.

You can say that they're 17/18 and should be able to run all day, but they're playing against physically fit men. Their workload needs to be managed accordingly. 

I’d be pissed to be taken off at 17 also but sometimes it’s in your best interests although you don’t know it at the time.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Why has Dack suddenly crept back into your squad? 

He was decent on Saturday but if Hedges was fit then Dack wouldn't be 18 man for me. 

6 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

How do you not have A Wharton in there? Szmodics along side Travis in the centre will not work.

Szmodics plays a lot better off Wharton & Morton.

Cos I want to Szmodics in team after his goal and Performance on Saturday. Travis gives us defensive man in there. Morton was man of the match on Saturday 

Morton appears to be growing into his game and is becoming a key player for us.

I hate it when opposition fans big us up, as we have had far too many times in recent seasons where Rovers are the gift that keeps on giving and just capitulate 'against the odds'. Maybe JDT has begun to sort this out - let's hope so tonight 

COYB!

Huge game tonight. If we can get the 3 points then I'd fancy us back at Ewood against Huddersfield. Regardless of Burnley result we'd go into the World Cup break in an outstanding position. 

If we win tonight then the Burnley game will be a top of the league decider. Exciting times. 

• Like 3

Must be an absolute nightmare for Coventry to prep for this game. Would have been prepping to play us in 352, probably focussing on getting tight to Morton and let Travis have the ball, but now must be wondering if we are going to stick with 4231 and leave Travis out which changes everything tactically.

So much about the Championship is having a clear understanding of how the opposition will play and nullifying the threats and exploiting the weaknesses. If you cant do that its very disconcerting. I dont think theres a team in this league who are so good they can just "play their own way" and expect to consistently get good results.

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

He was decent on Saturday but if Hedges was fit then Dack wouldn't be 18 man for me. 

Cos I want to Szmodics in team after his goal and Performance on Saturday. Travis gives us defensive man in there. Morton was man of the match on Saturday 

In line with what you expect Tomasson to do.

Why is Hirst not in your squad?

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Coventry (a) - 1/11/22 - at CBS Arena (the Ricoh in old money)
2 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

BBD has looked jaded in the last couple of matches, due to all the games he's played in. I would put him in the starting line up and rest him sometime in the 2nd half. We have Brittain back for tonight and Hedges not far behind. 

Mentioned this on Saturday. He deserves some time off.

17 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

If Hirst scores it's likely to be because the ball has just bounced off him.

He's shite. Should be nowhere near the first team squad and needs sending back (if possible per contract) on 1st January.

Exactly the type of comment made about early Brereton appearances. Far too small a sample size to see half a dozen partial games from a young player without much of a pre-season and claim he's shite. Possibly been shite to date but we shouldn't write him off.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cordoba said:

Exactly the type of comment made about early Brereton appearances. Far too small a sample size to see half a dozen partial games from a young player without much of a pre-season and claim he's shite. Possibly been shite to date but we shouldn't write him off.

Thing is it was absolutely true about Brereton for at least 2 years. Hirst hasn’t got the luxury of time to become useful.

• Like 2