BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry (a) - 1/11/22 - at CBS Arena (the Ricoh in old money)

I'd bench Brereton and try something a bit different whilst giving him a rest, i'm fearing a niggling injury is not too far away.  With our rearguard actions recently we should at least come away with a draw in this.

Coventry  0    Rovers   0

I would switch to 3 at the back given how Coventry play with 2 strikers and 3-4-1-2 formation. So I would go 3-5-2 formation and control the midfield battle. 

My team is: - 

Kaminski 

Hyam Ayala Wharton

Brittain Szmodics Travis Morton Pickering

Gallagher Brereton-Diaz

Subs:- Pears, Carter, A.Wharton, Dolan, Dack, Vale, Garrett

Agree BBD looked off it Saturday but wouldn't be resting him tomorrow. We had a week between games this week too so shouldn't need resting this soon into the season regardless of the busy schedule before. He is a young man and sometimes he just puts in a laboured performance. 

Has to start even if it means giving him an hour and seeing where we are but as I said all the players had a week between the game on Saturday so should have charged the battery up to be good to go tomorrow.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

I'd bench Brereton and try something a bit different whilst giving him a rest, i'm fearing a niggling injury is not too far away.  With our rearguard actions recently we should at least come away with a draw in this.

He did look absolutely knackered at the end of the game and I worry about the lack of recovery time. Not sure who/how we play without him though. Nevertheless, his absence will be the consequence, should his tiredness lead to injury.

Who'd be a manager?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I know we cannot win ‘em all. But, with 4 consecutive wins, I have to believe we take all 3 pts vs a team fighting relegation.   Otherwise, why believe in this team at all?

• Like 1

There is no excuse to bench A Wharton. The lad runs our midfield with a Morton close behind.

I would personally drop Travis and bring in Brittain but the captain unfortunately  won’t be dropped….

I can see the below being an option 

Kaminski 

Carter Hyam Wharton Pickering 

Travis

Morton   A Wharton

Szmodics 
             Gallagher.                 -Diaz

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

There is no excuse to bench A Wharton. The lad runs our midfield with a Morton close behind.

I would personally drop Travis and bring in Brittain but the captain unfortunately  won’t be dropped….

I can see the below being an option 

Kaminski 

Carter Hyam Wharton Pickering 

Travis

Morton   A Wharton

Szmodics 
             Gallagher.                 -Diaz

That looks a pretty good team.  Amazing considering how many players we lost in the summer 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would switch to 3 at the back given how Coventry play with 2 strikers and 3-4-1-2 formation. So I would go 3-5-2 formation and control the midfield battle. 

Kaminski 

Hyam Ayala Wharton

Gallagher Brereton-Diaz

How do you not have A Wharton in there? Szmodics along side Travis in the centre will not work.

Szmodics plays a lot better off Wharton & Morton.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski 

Hyam Ayala Wharton

Gallagher Brereton-Diaz

Why has Dack suddenly crept back into your squad? 

• Like 1

Adam Wharton always"looks" knackered, I think it is just how he appears. He has a good engine and can play at full intensity for at least 60 mins. Get the game won, then worry about who is tired. I would go with Chaddys formation, but I would swap Szmodics for Adam Wharton. I think Dack is worth his place on the bench, but not in the starting eleven.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rigger said:

Adam Wharton always"looks" knackered, I think it is just how he appears. He has a good engine and can play at full intensity for at least 60 mins. Get the game won, then worry about who is tired. I would go with Chaddys formation, but I would swap Szmodics for Adam Wharton. I think Dack is worth his place on the bench, but not in the starting eleven.

The lads 18 years old. He’ll be able to play 3 games a week if needed. As you said, start him, get the game won and then bring off if he needs “looking after”.

We don’t create chances if he doesn’t start.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

I wonder how much Coventry are going to impacted by this virus that hit their squad at weekend? Could be an ideal time to play them. We know only too well not to take anything for granted though and another tough task awaits. I'm going for another 1 nil away win, Hyam with the goal.

Pleased to see the game hasn’t been switched to Wednesday as mooted which means I’ll be able to attend

Jim the albatross hasn’t seen Rovers win yet this season and I’m desperately hoping to break that record tomorrow

Brereton is out of form and looks tired and the manager needs to give him a rest. Hoping for a comfortable win but I’d take any win to make it 5 on the bounce. When did that last happen? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WacoRover said:

I know we cannot win ‘em all. But, with 4 consecutive wins, I have to believe we take all 3 pts vs a team fighting relegation.   Otherwise, why believe in this team at all?

Iv'e plenty faith in the team but i also know how the Championship can kick you right in the nuts, anybody can beat anybody.

Also a few lessons need learning from last season with Ben he needs his workload managing like anybody else in order to keep him fresh and more importantly fit.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Pleased to see the game hasn’t been switched to Wednesday as mooted which means I’ll be able to attend

Jim the albatross hasn’t seen Rovers win yet this season and I’m desperately hoping to break that record tomorrow

Brereton is out of form and looks tired and the manager needs to give him a rest. Hoping for a comfortable win but I’d take any win to make it 5 on the bounce. When did that last happen? 

Didn't we win 6 on the bounce late Nov-Dec 2021? 

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Lol literally midway through last season 😅 

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Duggie always looked knackered. Just saying!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Iv'e plenty faith in the team but i also know how the Championship can kick you right in the nuts, anybody can beat anybody.

Also a few lessons need learning from last season with Ben he needs his workload managing like anybody else in order to keep him fresh and more importantly fit.

JDT has managed his workload - I don't think Mowbray ever took him off. JDT has done it the last few games, which has made us significantly weaker (whether it was for Vale or Dolan).

Unfortunately for Ben he's one of our two indispensable players (Kaminski being the other one)  so he simply has to start when fit. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think it’s pretty obvious JDT knows Wharton has only got a good hour in the tank at the moment. When you get that hour from him is another story.

Wharton looked pissed to get taken off at the weekend - I'm sure he's got more than an hour in the tank, but he's being protected like Phillips.

You can say that they're 17/18 and should be able to run all day, but they're playing against physically fit men. Their workload needs to be managed accordingly. 

• Like 1