BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry (a) - 1/11/22 - at CBS Arena (the Ricoh in old money)

Think we might approach Cov in a similar way to Hull.

kaminski

Brittain.  Hyam.  Wharton. Pickering 

Morton.   Travis.   Wharton

Szmodics      
           Gallly     Brereton-Diaz

Will likely come down to who is fit and how he wants to play. I personally like the three cb’s with Ayala in there meaning SS or AW may drop out…but let’s see 👍🏼

Edited by Paul Mani

If it is Walsall then Tomasson should be made aware that the pitch there is considerably smaller than Coventry (Walsall is 100 x 66, Coventry is 105 x 68) in case it might influence team selection or tactics. Yesterday we got in behind Hull several times but on a pitch which is 5 metres shorter the opportunities to do that might dwindle.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, arbitro said:

If it is Walsall then Tomasson should be made aware that the pitch there is considerably smaller than Coventry (Walsall is 100 x 66, Coventry is 105 x 68) in case it might influence team selection or tactics. Yesterday we got in behind Hull several times but on a pitch which is 5 metres shorter the opportunities to do that might dwindle.

Less space to defend a 1-0 lead though…😉

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Walsall is a horrid place to park your car

And an absolute shit tip of an away end. The toilets were flooded with piss last time we went there, never in my life have I wished I'd worn wellies to football before that game.

8 hours ago, Ossydave said:

If anywhere it'll be Walsall.

This shouldn't be allowed though. Such is the intricacy of football these days we'll have worked on the dimensions of Coventrys pitch at their current residence

Saw someone make a good point that it’s capacity doesn’t cover all Cov season ticket holders, so it can’t be at Walsall.

1 minute ago, Realistic Rover said:

Saw someone make a good point that it’s capacity doesn’t cover all Cov season ticket holders, so it can’t be at Walsall.

When they played at Birmingham they only averaged 6000. 

Their crowds have shot up the past few years (whose haven’t ay… oh wait!), so trying to move mid season to small grounds like a Walsall or Northampton will prove difficult with 12k or so ST holders to potentially accommodate (though how many would want to traipse across the midlands on a Tuesday night is a different issue).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

When they played at Birmingham they only averaged 6000. 

I would imagine if they have already sold more tickets (STs) than the Walsall stadium holds, the police might have something to say about it. Although I agree that it’s highly unlikely they will all troop over to Walsall. 

3 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I would imagine if they have already sold more tickets (STs) than the Walsall stadium holds, the police might have something to say about it. Although I agree that it’s highly unlikely they will all troop over to Walsall. 

I just had a quick peek on one of their fans message boards and a few are saying they won't travel to any other ground. I don't know how they would do it but if they assume that all 13000 to plus 2000 Rovers fans it really narrows it down to Villa, Wolves, Leicester or Forest but I saw that Premier League clubs are loathe to help.

They really are in a pickle and Swag reckons it will be tomorrow lunchtime before it's announced. I was told last night though that it is Walsall and my contact was adamant about it.

• Like 1

It's a shambles of a situation & whilst it doesn't directly affect me, I really feel for fans on both sides who, 2 days prior to scheduled KO, have no idea if, when or where the match will take place.

The EFL should be stronger on this & any postponement should result in a forfeiture in our favour, but the difficulty is that to some extent a precedent has already been set in respect of the fiasco earlier in the season re the commonwealth games, which resulted in games being postponed. I know the circumstances are different but I'm sure if we got the 3 points from this both Coventry & the other teams whose games were postponed would appeal.

It really is ridiculous on all levels.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Adam Wharton will still find the pass

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

If they can’t find a venue by noon tomorrow they should be made to play it at Ewood.

I do feel for their fans though. Just when it looked like things were getting back on track.

I can't understand why when the news broke on Friday that the EFL just didn't say play the game at Ewood. There wouldn't be any ticketing issues and whilst not perfect it would have sorted out the biggest issue which is the uncertainty. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

If they can’t find a venue by noon tomorrow they should be made to play it at Ewood.

I do feel for their fans though. Just when it looked like things were getting back on track.

Whilst I agree, Waggott has already confirmed it’s not going to happen. He says there has been no approach by EFL & it’s too late to arrange police / staff to hold it