BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

10 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Mainly because Mowbray never built anything. He flooded the team with loans every season so every summer you had to completely rebuild the squad. 

You're punishing JDT and Broughton for Mowbray's sins. 

Mowbray's sins? Tomasson/Broughton have also brought in an influx of loanees. He also did develop assets which generated some profit ie Armstrong but over £10m worth of it has been pissed up the wall by our stubborn owners.

Individuals beneath Venkys can be blamed but they dont warrant the brunt of it. This summers recruitment was actually even more short term because the permanent signings were not ones youd expect to generate a profit on.

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Sadly with 6 months left on his contract that's very difficult to do. He'll just sit it out and go for free to the club of his choice (with a massive signing on fee). 

He should have been sold in the summer and I get that the chance may have gone but I think we should at least be trying to get a fee for him this window. 

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Chaddy. It will be the reset button because loan players will return to their clubs.  Bbd will leave for free. Others will follow.  Then it's another rebuild.  There's no continuity.  How can you not grasp this?

We were right to reject a fee rising to £10m and take zero because it didnt match our fabricated and unrealistic valuation. Apparently.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We were right to reject a fee rising to £10m and take zero because it didnt match our fabricated and unrealistic valuation. Apparently.

I would bite their hands off for £10m for BBD if I knew it would be reinvested into the squad. 

If BBD stays until the summer I would play him and Dack each and every game, and try and bring in another intelligent forward and that trio should create a few goals. 

• Like 4

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I’m not totally against the porteous interest/signing, he is head and shoulders above everyone in the hibs team however he is a massive gobshite, his mouth would get him into bother here 

Sounds like what we need tbf!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

I would bite their hands off for £10m for BBD if I knew it would be reinvested into the squad. 

If BBD stays until the summer I would play him and Dack each and every game, and try and bring in another intelligent forward and that trio should create a few goals. 

And get Dack up the pitch nearer the opposition goal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, booth said:

Gallagher and Szmodics were massively over priced.

That's why it isn't all about money it's how you spend it and to be fair in the general scheme of things neither are over priced at all. Those are the going rates for these players we just should have put that money elsewhere but those spending it aren't following a real football plan.

Any team in this league that doesn't have parachute money but spends 16 million combined on 4 or 5 players, has a 3 million quid a year academy turning out decent young talent plus pays good wages to players like Ayala/ Kaminsky/Dack, good loaness..... the fans have a right to expect to be competitive.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That's why it isn't all about money it's how you spend it and to be fair in the general scheme of things neither are over priced at all. Those are the going rates for these players we just should have put that money elsewhere but those spending it aren't following a real football plan.

Any team in this league that doesn't have parachute money but spends 16 million combined on 4 or 5 players, has a 3 million quid a year academy turning out decent young talent plus pays good wages to players like Ayala/ Kaminsky/Dack, good loaness..... the fans have a right to expect to be competitive.

Gallagher was never worth £5m.

• Like 3

Breezed through the century with a flash of the willow. And no sign of anyone new at the crease. 

Reality check. We are 5th in spite of ourselves. Our owners have stuck with the journey/project in spite of ourselves, when other owners have bankrupted their clubs or put them up for sale. 

For all of our frustrations we are not Wigan or Blackpool.  We are not recent relatively recent Premier League teams struggling in this division. 

I hate watching us lose by ridiculous amounts to shitty teams. But I trust we will bring a few warriors to support our youngsters and steady the ship by page 300.    

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Breezed through the century with a flash of the willow. And no sign of anyone new at the crease. 

Reality check. We are 5th in spite of ourselves. Our owners have stuck with the journey/project in spite of ourselves, when other owners have bankrupted their clubs or put them up for sale. 

For all of our frustrations we are not Wigan or Blackpool.  We are not recent relatively recent Premier League teams struggling in this division. 

I hate watching us lose by ridiculous amounts to shitty teams. But I trust we will bring a few warriors to support our youngsters and steady the ship by page 300.    

Your post gives (false) hope to no one,we've seen and heard it all before these last 12 years.

We're set up to fail...rinse and repeat.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

Is Jens Petter Hauge an option? Besides the obvious Bodø/Glimt link, he has fallen from grace after a promising start to his AC Milan career and is now set to be recalled from an unsuccessful loan from his current club Eintracht Frankfurt to Belgian club Gent.

He's a quick winger, good one vs one, but if his confidence is shot then he might not be Championship level at the moment. Still only 23 though, and probably not the most expensive loan deal out there.

Read about his situation here:

https://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/i/69Ppgz/silly-season-siste-nytt-om-overganger-i-januar-2023

Edited by Torgeir
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, booth said:

Gallagher was never worth £5m.

To us no but he was a 23/24 year old forward who was on the books of a decent at the time Prem side having not long before been awarded a new deal by them.  He had been loaned here for a successful spell and loaned to Brum so Saints would've covered their money by loaning him again.

He was on c24 grand a week according to Nixon and his fee was 3 million with add ons to 5 million, he took a pay cut to come but probably a nice signing on fee.

That is not dear at all by the crazy standards of football and whilst we shouldn't have made that commitment the biggest crime here yet again is Mowbray.  Doing that to get a guy he had no real idea what he was going to do with him but then shoving him on the wing etc.  Complete and utter waste of the attributes he did have, he was never going to be Shearer but he should be twice the player he looks now.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

To us no but he was a 23/24 year old forward who was on the books of a decent at the time Prem side having not long before been awarded a new deal by them.  He had been loaned here for a successful spell and loaned to Brum so Saints would've covered their money by loaning him again.

He was on c24 grand a week according to Nixon and his fee was 3 million with add ons to 5 million, he took a pay cut to come but probably a nice signing on fee.

That is not dear at all by the crazy standards of football and whilst we shouldn't have made that commitment the biggest crime here yet again is Mowbray.  Doing that to get a guy he had no real idea what he was going to do with him but then shoving him on the wing etc.  Complete and utter waste of the attributes he did have, he was never going to be Shearer but he should be twice the player he looks now.

I agree it was a was buying a striker only to stick him on the wing. Gallagher works so hard for the team that when he gets a chance he's huffing and puffing and is less clinical as a result. Problem being he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo to begin with.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

That’s 30 minutes of my life, scrolling 8 pages of the ‘transfer thread’ with 5% actually about transfers, that I’ll never get back!

Can’t wait for the last week in January when we get the usual suspects blaming the club because it’s taken “200 pages” to make a signing!! 🙈🤣🤣

There's a page on the 'articles' tab that is updated daily with the latest rumours. I'll not do the 'monkey' emoji as I am a grown man.

• Like 3