BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

9 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Is there a chance we would go for north Gelhardt & Undav? Undav looks more of a 9 & Gelhardt just behind?

Possible if BBD goes this window?

Also Brighton apparently after another centre half so not sure where that leaves JPVH. Not surprising Sunderland also interested in him.

Regarding Gelhardt, interesting that Nixon thinks we may be slight favourites over Sunderland as we can offer better wages than Sunderland who are tightening their belt? 

• Like 1

Surely there must be someone with a bit more scoring pedigree than Gelhardt out there ?

For the money we are likely to contribute all we are doing is giving game time to another kid, someone else's. Could understand if we only have a few grand per week to give but iv'e seen double figures quoted for this lad.

The obsession for youth shouldn't stretch to every loan as well surely.

• Like 2

Sam is the man. The Everton fans won't like it but he'll keep them up

Old debate but we'd have been in the Prem for many more years and possibly still now if the twerps hadn't sacked him

Moving on, Sam had Lewandowski lined up for Rovers before he was dumped

Anyone of that calibre coming in this week? 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Understand Big Sam has been in talks with Everton today!!!

Given where this has come from, slapped £50 on at 14/1 to be next Everton manager.

You could do worse.......................

If Big Dunc was good enough for us, he's good enough for them.

Get Ferguson in I say. 

20 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Given where this has come from, slapped £50 on at 14/1 to be next Everton manager.

There’s no way they reappoint Big Sam. £50 down the swanny that, Merce. 

Quote this post when he gets the job on a deal till the end of the season 😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nbdelboy said:

what was this??

Its been deleted since, but shortly before the post on here I saw something on Twitter about it. 

It opened up with, 'apparently a friend of a friend is mates with Lewis Travis'.

Mentioned something about him going to Milwall because of a fall out. 

Then cracked on about how JDT has lost the dressing room because they think hes a bit of a clown and all the coaching staff speak Danish to each other. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Its been deleted since, but shortly before the post on here I saw something on Twitter about it. 

It opened up with, 'apparently a friend of a friend is mates with Lewis Travis'.

Mentioned something about him going to Milwall because of a fall out. 

Then cracked on about how JDT has lost the dressing room because they think hes a bit of a clown and all the coaching staff speak Danish to each other. 

I think there are two Danes.

That Tweet was a sad and clear attempt to create shit, probably by a Dingle.

It was removed pretty sharpish once the idiot realised that only JDT is Danish on the entire coaching setup.

You can say what you like about him, but he’s clearly not lost the players; quite the opposite.

Also: Bielsa will be the next Everton manager. Literally zero chance of Big Sam returning to Goodison.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goozburger said:

I think the issue is the budget they are given rather than the recruitment team themselves.

As Souey used to say - 'you wee with the willie you have'!

Old managers like Furphy, Lee, Smith, Saxton, Kendall, Mackay etc all had a very limited budgets.  They just got on with it and with success!

• Like 2

Interesting Window for Rovers i feel like there plenty of deals to be made whether outgoing or incoming.

i think with 18 months on Pears on contract could be a good time to sale 

Diaz i would take any money, loan out Philips on a recall deal, Sale Edun, keep Mola try and raise some finances 

6 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I think the issue is the budget they are given rather than the recruitment team themselves.

It's their job to sell the club to prospective new players. If they can't do that there's little point in them having highly paid jobs

Having said that, all players are motivated only by money - so if we can't match other clubs on wages it's all futile anyway

19 minutes ago, Mercer said:

As Souey used to say - 'you wee with the willie you have'!

Old managers like Furphy, Lee, Smith, Saxton, Kendall, Mackay etc all had a very limited budgets.  They just got on with it and with success!

As I have to remind Jim on a regular basis, its not the 1970's any longer Mercer. The clubs pulling power which included a Cowies sponsored Ford Capri and free tickets to the Cavendish won't wash nowadays sadly.

Its all about £££££ as the recent Cantwell deal proves nicely and we don't have any, or at least any to make a difference. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

no chance Mercer. Plus doesn't this post belong in the PL thread not the transfer thread

35 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I think there are two Danes.

There is only 1 Dane here in JDT, Cos his number 2 is Dutch and the rest of our staff are British so the story is bollocks ago

• Like 3

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Interesting change of the goal posts.

was my original point so maybe read the points fully

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

That stuff about us "interviewing" 3 foreign players at the start of the window seemingly was a load of rubbish anyway.

maybe we didn't want to sign them after initial talks or gone elsewhere or will sign permanent in the summer

5 hours ago, Jimmy612 said:

Josh Bowler
Reda Khadra
Malcolm Ebiowei
Aaron Connolly
Cameron Archer
Jamal Lowe

Bowler couldn't come here cos of the 2 club play rule. 

Khadra not for me. 

Ebiowei not a position I think we need strengthen is the right side when we have Hedges, Dolan and Markanday who can all play there. 

Connolly and Archer not for me. 

Lowe would have been good signing and maybe ideal replacement for BBD for next season and beyond 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

no chance Mercer. Plus doesn't this post belong in the PL thread not the transfer thread

There is only 1 Dane here in JDT, Cos his number 2 is Dutch and the rest of our staff are British so the story is bollocks ago

- Chaddy correct yet again 👍🏼