BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

25 minutes ago, Silas said:

My research on Sorba:

• Had a swift rise to up to professional level. Went from training as a scaffolder/bricklayer and working at JD Sports to getting in the Wales team and into a Playoff Final in a matter of years. 
  • “Sometimes I have to pinch myself and think: ‘Is that really Aaron Ramsey right there?” he said. “Guys I used to watch on TV or play with on Fifa are now opposite me.”

• Had a great season 21-22 when he played a major role in Huddersfield Town finishing 3rd in the Championship

• In Sep 2022 there was some unsubstantiated rumours circulated on social media about the player. (Don't think they need repeated on here!). But this lead to him getting a lot of abuse online, and he was also booed by 'some' HT fans whilst coming on as substitute. 

• There are further rumours of a fallout with HT manager around Boxing Day 2022 when he was left out the matchday squad. Some say this could be related to lack of gametime due the manager choosing to play a different formation without wingers. 

• HT fans seem to see him as one of their major assets (young, long contract, good record) and are as worried about losing him on the cheap as we are at not being able to get him for a fair fee should the loan go well.

• His form has clearly been poor this season. Some of their fans calling him a one trick pony that is good at set pieces (and crosses) but weak in general open play. 

Thanks for this. Excellent research on the player which I was looking for until a know-nowt intervened

Ignoring the social media stuff it seems he could be an asset if we can get him back to the form of last season and we don't have a genuine winger

Let's hope he's the first of a few coming in including (in descending order)  a goal-scoring big lump up front in the Danny Graham mould and a seasoned Championship bruiser in midfield

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

£1.8 million plus add ons.  Source posh chairman- reported in LET -  Unless you know otherwise? 

Edit: To be fair though, on what he's shown to date, the add ons won't be much. 

I know I don't trust the Peterborough Chairman as far as I can throw him - and it doesn't benefit Rovers to go around correcting him publicly on any transfer figures. 

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Thanks for this. Excellent research on the player which I was looking for until a no-nowt intervened

Ignoring the social media stuff it seems he could be an asset if we can get him back to the form of last season and we don't have a genuine winger

Let's hope he's the first of a few coming in including (in descending order)  a goal-scoring big lump up front in the Danny Graham mould and a seasoned Championship bruiser in midfield

Lyle Taylor and Chris Wood cant get in the Forest team....maybe try and get one of those?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Does he usually play on the left? I always had him down as coming in from the right which isnt what we are calling out desperately for with Hedges and Markanday naturals there with Dolan also often featuring from there.

He has impressed me at times for Huddersfield and he brings pace and set piece ability and it is another option in a currently impotent attack that looks like it has never done any attacking training but not sure he is exactly what we need as an individual.

He has played wide left in his career and depending what the terms of the agreement is I think we are looking at him replacing BBD positional in the team. Our Head of Recruitment Gus Williams knows him from Wales days. 

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Maybe Hudds are working on a different style they used to knock it about well but it's not done them any good this season. Besides Dolan doesn't get in our starting line up that often but we know he can produce and it's about time we has a proper winger.

They signed Knockhart to play there

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

The good thing about Thomas is that although he adds to a group (Gallagher, Dolan, Hedges, Szmodics) that don't score enough goals,

How do you know he won't score goals here? 

Don't get the argument that a loan makes no sense. If a player can strengthen the team and has proven himself at this level I'd happily take him. Improving the team is the priority. We don't know the the terms of the deal so should probably all relax a little.

There could be numerous reasons why he is available, can't be instantly dismissed as a bad player because he is available. Lots of good players want out of clubs at all levels for various reasons.

Would I take Thomas on loan for the rest of the season? Yes.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Theaxe15 said:

Haven’t made a signing - angry

Make a signing - angry

Just a nonsense point. Lack of signings make people angry, poor signings make people angry. That’s not contradictory.

FYI I’m talking generally here, not about Thomas specifically.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He has played wide left in his career and depending what the terms of the agreement is I think we are looking at him replacing BBD positional in the team. Our Head of Recruitment Gus Williams knows him from Wales days. 

They signed Knockhart to play there

How do you know he won't score goals here? 

I dont know he wont, but he certainly doesnt have a track record of scoring. If he has been signed based on his goalscoring credentials then it makes no sense.

I suspect he will play from his favoured position from the right and maybe he will also rightly or wrongly play as a wing back if we ever go to a back 5 as he has filled in there occasionally.

I would imagine that Markanday might leave on loan, for me he should be in the forefront of Tomasson's mind for a start but he may aswell go and play week in week out elsewhere if he is not fancied.

If we get a striker then we could have Brereton, Dolan, Dack, Szmodics, Thomas, Hedges, a new striker and Gallagher. I would let loan Vale go ideally permanently but failing that on loan to League 1. 

I will be very disappointed if there is no option to buy though. For a club thag bangs on about this project we have a very short term focused attack.

14 minutes ago, Jlee1984 said:

Thomas can certainly put a decent cross in, Feels like the last player to do so for us was Conway. Will we be seeing Sam more central to accommodate this, gives us another option to try change up.

Gallagher has played centrally (as much as you can when the front 4 interchange) for a while. He's not getting on the end of things because he has no striker instincts. 

18 minutes ago, Jlee1984 said:

Thomas can certainly put a decent cross in, Feels like the last player to do so for us was Conway. Will we be seeing Sam more central to accommodate this, gives us another option to try change up.

The last player to do so was Giles. But we had nobody to effectively get on the end of them, and he was soon shunted onto the right side of the attack where his left foot was hindered.

• Like 2

Anyone who can create chances is more than welcome to join the team! We have created barely anything of note all season and have been incredibly lucky in taking the few chances we have in most games.

I cant stand anymore turgid sh*t going forward bring in some pace, skill and penetration the more the merrier!