BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

Wonder what sort of wages he's on and what portion we're paying. Can't imagine on a massive wedge at Huddersfield. 

Seems a bit of a strange deal, more so on their part.

Gregg bigging him up as a player who can change games, hell fire we need one of them so I hope he's right.

Happy to have Sorba Thomas here, even if it is on a short term loan. He's an actual winger, with pace, something that we haven't had for a long time.

I don't agree with the view that we already have Dolan and Markanday, therefore we don't need him. Thomas is better than both, I feel, and should improve our starting 11. Considering we don't appear to have much money to play with, I think this is a good move for the short term as he gives us a different option.

Undav, Gelhardt and a CM might be me being greedy, but that's what I would like to see next in addition to Thomas.

• Like 4

A short term signing which further highlights the inconsistencies of any theories that we are writing off this season and shows how it is clearly not true. 

Im not saying that we arent also trying to plan longer term but the amount of focus on projects etc is predominantly an attempt to buy time and reduce expectation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, den said:

You know the thinking in playing wingers on the wrong wing Tyrone. Full backs always want to send their winger wide and if wingers played on their “right foot” it would make it so much easier for the full back to do that. Plus obviously, cutting in onto their stronger foot gives them a much better chance of scoring.

Im sure you did know, but it’s hard to deny the logic.

but our 'wingers' don't score and don't cross. Playing on the 'wrong' wing  works well if you have quick overlapping full backs though - but we don't have those either  🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I look at signings like this - Is he better than what we’ve already got ? Potentially I think he is - but we’ll have to see.

I feel incredibly sorry for Markanday. Extremely highly rated, brought in by another manager, agrees to drop down a division and uproot to the other end of the Country to commit to us permanently and get game time. Injured as soon as he gets here, new manager comes in, doesn't rate him for whatever reason and doesn't even give him a chance to prove himself.

Now even less likely to get any game time due to the acquisition of yet another player who, even if he does OK, won't be here next season.

Still, it's all part of the "project" eh? I suppose Huddersfield will be happy if we get Thomas back into some sort of half decent form.

• Like 5