BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Giles is a LWB / FB who looked like a fish out of water playing IF on the right. Mowbray got him and thought "Mahrez". Much like he got Rothwell and and thought "Benzema". 

And when he got Gallagher he thought "valium."

It is all done online, but there are things that have to be completed by all sides. May not be an issue of Rovers submitting documents late. Ziyech to PSG is off because of late document submitting by the selling club.

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

You're thinking of the rest of us. Mowbray was pretty happy with him, evidently he thought 'Robben' or something.

The only successful 'wide target man' (player role name nicked from FM) I've ever seen was Mario Mandzukic. Apart from that time Hughes successfully stuck Santa Cruz on Evra. 

So no surprise that Sam Gallagher wasn't up to it.

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

It is all done online, but there are things that have to be completed by all sides. May not be an issue of Rovers submitting documents late. Ziyech to PSG is off because of late document submitting by the selling club.

Forest have overseen loads of transfers over the past couple of windows, where as we know we always seem to struggle to get things over the line.

IF there is an issue here, history would tell me it wouldn't be the selling clubs fault.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TheRevAshton said:

We really are an anomaly as a club aren't we... the gift that keeps on giving.

The dingles would have wrapped these deals up in absolutely no time.

Aye, it's not just a problem on the pitch.

I imagine Waggott's reaction to the amateurish goings on, is to sip his tea whilst taking a cursory glance at his bank balance.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Forest have overseen loads of transfers over the past couple of windows, where as we know we always seem to struggle to get things over the line.

IF there is an issue here, history would tell me it wouldn't be the selling clubs fault.

Chelsea LITERALLY just messed up the Ziyech transfer. They can hardly be considered an inexperienced club in the transfer market considering they've spent about £600m this January. 

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Chelsea LITERALLY just messed up the Ziyech transfer. They can hardly be considered an inexperienced club in the transfer market considering they've spent about £600m this January. 

I was about to post the same. PSG are alleging that the documents sent by Chelsea were simply unsigned and scuppered the deal.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/32461/12800609/hakim-ziyech-paris-saint-germain-claim-chelseas-document-gaffe-scuppered-loan-move-for-winger

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Nicolai Jørgensen would be scraping the bottom of the barrel, surely? He's Danish so one can assume JDT knows him well, but my guess is he has been injury-plaged and is in the stay well clear of bracket.

On a contract until the end of the season I think it could be worth a go.

He can hold the ball up at least. If not then surely we have to try Diaz through the middle

1 hour ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Paperwork on time?!?! We had him complete his fucking medical by 9pm!! What the hell were we doing for the rest of those hours 

I imagine they then spent 90 minutes arguing over who was going to ring Barry and tell him there's a £10m obligation fee involved.

"Steve, it's your turn".

"No. I rang him last time. Suhail, can you do it, please. Tell him he would be best midfielder in the Championship and that he would be an important signing for us. He'll listen to you".

"Erm, Gregg, you're incharge of signings, I'll leave it with you, if you don't mind. You know the ins and outs more than I do".

After all the back and forth, they suddenly look at the clock and realise it's 10:50 pm.

"The time! Ring him now. Quick".

Barry's phone keeps going to voicemail and panic is setting in. Then Suhail drops the bombshell which almost causes Steve to pass out.

"Guys. Shit! I forgot. It's 4 am in Pune. The boss is in bed by midnight every night".

"What! How could you forget that? What are we going to do now?"

"Just send it. Send it. Get the deal sheet in, we've got 5 minutes left, we'll have to deal with the questions in the morning".

10:58 pm: the deal sheet goes in. The three amigos exit the building silently, the distress visible on their face.

Feb 1st 2023:

It's the morning after the night before and Barry has woke up to the news that he might have to pay £10m for a loan signing. He has never paid that much for a player before and isn't about to start doing it now.

Nobody has seen or heard from Steve, Gregg and Suhail this morning, but more worrying are the noises coming out that the EFL is to blame for the O'Brien deal not going through.

Disclaimer: Fictional.

• Like 9