BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

7 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

image.png.1318ef53cfe17299a409a287ab378ea5.png

Why would it still not have been established by 2:30pm the next day whether the paperwork was received in time? It's a simple case of checking the time stamp on the paperwork (which will be electronic 'paperwork' of course, and even if not then I'm sure you can find out what time a fax came through easily enough...plus somebody could just make a note of it when it comes through).

In regards to the additional paperwork...I would assume part of this would be a potential contract for O'Brien that would kick in if our clause is triggered. Otherwise the 'mandatory' deal could fall down if the player later failed to agree terms.

• Like 3

I’m assuming given the length of time this has taken that we are appealing a rejection. I guess it will probably be upheld as they usually are. This is a monumental mess. To have a player of his quality wanting to sign and not being able to file the paperwork in time is a phenomenal own goal. 

• Like 4

Some fans will defend the club at all costs but going about your business this way (the way they have throughout January) will never take the club forward. I'm hugely disappointed by Broughton and co, and have lost all faith, regardless of whether O'Brien comes in or not and I'm pretty sure Tomasson will have too. JDT will be done here shortly.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Gamst said:

I’m assuming given the length of time this has taken that we are appealing a rejection. I guess it will probably be upheld as they usually are. This is a monumental mess. To have a player of his quality wanting to sign and not being able to file the paperwork in time is a phenomenal own goal. 

Are you sure....Hudds completed a deal just minutes ago....

• Like 1

I've defender GB thus far. He's felt like a breath of fresh air. However if this has fallen through its a major failure on his part.

Regardless of the above though, GB has preached on multiple platforms about the value of good communication and how he prides himself on this. Utter failure on this front over the last 18 hours or so.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Surely either the paperwork was late, or it wasn't. Why the need for this ridiculous waiting game,

(From Sharpe on the LT feed)

Here's some previous when it comes to this kind of thing.

https://www.efl.com/contentassets/c9fc5dceaa7f4b62b81dca0b9e2f7c9d/201028-nottingham-forest-football-club-v-the-english-football-league.pdf

(Back to me) Obviously I haven't read all this, but I've skimmed enough of it to get the gist. Forest had a dispute over a transfer with WBA, over Grosicky. The online paperwork was submitted a matter of seconds after the 5pm deadline. No more than 15 seconds it seems. The league chose to block it (they have discretion to allow it if they want, but in 'exceptional circumstances'). Forest challenged this, I think legally, and lost.

Could be something like this going on here? In which case we shouldn't bother, as there's precedent against us. It's a fucking pathetic ruling though if you ask me, being pedantic over a matter of seconds and holding back careers. Yes clubs have all month to get deals done, but we all know sometimes progress is impossible until the last day.

13 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Surely either the paperwork was late, or it wasn't. Why the need for this ridiculous waiting game,

Just about to post the same thing. We either made it, or we didn't. Why we have to sit around for a further 18hours to find out is utterly ridiculous 

Edited by davulsukur

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

https://www.efl.com/contentassets/c9fc5dceaa7f4b62b81dca0b9e2f7c9d/201028-nottingham-forest-football-club-v-the-english-football-league.pdf

(Back to me) Obviously I haven't read all this, but I've skimmed enough of it to get the gist. Forest had a dispute over a transfer with WBA, over Grosicky. The online paperwork was submitted a matter of seconds after the 5pm deadline. No more than 15 seconds it seems. The league chose to block it (they have discretion to allow it if they want, but in 'exceptional circumstances'). Forest challenged this, I think legally, and lost.

Could be something like this going on here? In which case we shouldn't bother, as there's precedent against us. It's a fucking pathetic ruling though if you ask me, being pedantic over a matter of seconds and holding back careers. Yes clubs have all month to get deals done, but we all know sometimes progress is impossible until the last day.

Everyone knows the deadline, every other club bar a couple of very last minute ones sorted it, most with weeks of the window left.

If it's the case it's been blocked, it's beyond amateur and certain higher-ups needing punting.

• Like 5

The conspiracist in me has a feeling we never really planned to get O'Brien. It was the 'we tried but failed' approach which backfired when the other clubs in for him backed out and left us with a clear shot. We couldn't pull out ourselves as that would look bad with the fans....so, let's submit the paperwork late and we can again say we tried...

Please, I would happily have egg on my face if the signing is approved after this post. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

I get your point of view but the deadline is there for a reason. Clubs must abide by it. If we've failed to get the deal done in time, there's only the club (or potentially Forest if it's due to something at their end) to blame.

• Like 4