BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

We’ve (somehow) agreed a deal with BRFCS legend Alan ‘Nicko’ Nixon to feature his Rovers stories on BRFCS. The first of which is now live for those wanting to keep track: https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/articles/o'brien...-oh-dear.../348

Future articles coming soon…

Did you beat the deadline to get him signed up? Nixon has a reputation as a clickbait hack who’s done the  rounds of just about every journalistic outlet so I hope you’re not paying him too much or is he paying you? Anyway look forward to reading his well researched scoops - an analysis of the shambles behind the scenes at Ewood would be a good start 

1 minute ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

I don't think the EFL have much to worry about regarding us going up.

Have they not seen our frontline?

According to someone who posted earlier, it's the coaches job to get them scoring.

It's that simple, so let's just find the best goalscoring coach and give them millions. Going up going up going up!!!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

Posted directly after a professional journalist summarises exactly what has happened and predicts what will happen 🤝 

Fair enough, I hadn't read it, that's assuming he's correct. 

That doesn't explain the 20 hours of posts  before it though, does it? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, garnersfags said:

I think that is a little unfair, as you chose to aggravate an already emotionally disappointing situation by saying 'which in itself does not sound like it was Rovers fault', regardless of whether that's what you meant.

You may claim it was clumsy on your part, but you had prefaced it by saying you are a lawyer.

No element of this season-ending debacle was 'not Rovers' fault'. 

I rest my case 😉

Hang on, the whole tenor of my post was that if Rovers have dropped a bollock, then legally they're in a very tight spot.  I was in essence agreeing with Rev but, in his insatiable desire to blame the club for everything & explicitly stating it was a deliberate act of sabotage to drop said bollock (by who, goodness only knows), he misread my caveat that the fact that O'Brien's deal was last minute was not the club's fault.

And it wasn't. Put it another way, could a deal for O'Brien have been done earlier in the window? No it couldn't; he only became available to us once WBA and Sheff Utd thrown their hands in at what, 3pm yesterday.

Then Rev chose to antagonize by making it personal in questioning my ability as a lawyer to understand the situation correctly, despite me having stated that in my legal opinion we were in a tough spot!!!

The mind boggles.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

There have been claims on here that any item of expenditure in excess of £5000 has to be referred to India. With respect, that doesn't sound like full autonomy to run the club.

I can only write what came out the horses mouth.

Venkys dont fill in transfer papers,

They have a lot to answer, but pointing the finger on then for this latest episode is not where the anger should lie, despite them appointing these clowns

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Then its the fault at Rovers end for taking too long in negotiations.  Its probably 50/50 regards outcome.  If there's potential ramifications should Rovers go up then they should walk away from the deal but Rovers going up is as likely as me bedding Taylor swift

50/50 is optimistic in my view. I’d be shocked if it went through.

It’s an absolute shitshow. What an incredibly costly fuck up.

• Like 2

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, J*B said:

We’ve (somehow) agreed a deal with BRFCS legend Alan ‘Nicko’ Nixon to feature his Rovers stories on BRFCS. The first of which is now live for those wanting to keep track: https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/articles/o'brien...-oh-dear.../348

Future articles coming soon… as always, if you want to contribute, we’re open to it. If you reckon you’ve got a Rovers exclusive, there’s a deal to be made.

New signing and no 5 min countdown,  no sticker book.....and you didn't even wait till 11 o clock to announce it. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

So many open goals, couldn't be more Rovers. 😂

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

And if by some miracle we managed to get rid of the shysters and get some decent owners how many of those dozen would come back. Three or four ? Or none ?

I personally, and I know of other like minded, do not think our owners and senior managers care about the club.  IMO, there are too many connected to the club only because it's a gravy train.  I do not see a hunger, a passion, a can do attitude that will move the club forward or start to rebuild a meaningful relationship with the fans.  I think we are now a club without a soul.

I recall the days when you would see the likes of Derrick Keighley, Bill Bancroft and David Brown out about in the area and they'd be only too happy to have a word or two with you.

Make no mistake, seismic changes in ownership and management from top to bottom are needed at Rovers.  We need people who really do bleed blue and white.  Sadly, it might never happen and for that reason, I feel many supporters have been lost for good.

• Like 7

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, Atko's Engine said:

And it always is for others.

I'm not a blind defender of the club, as my initial post made clear. I always try to look at things objectively, from all angles, just like any good lawyer should.

Probably cause the whole administration have been absolutely shite on the whole for, oh, I don’t know, about 12 years?

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

And it always is for others.

I'm not a blind defender of the club, as my initial post made clear. I always try to look at things objectively, from all angles, just like any good lawyer should.

Most good lawyers that I have known, look at things from the viewpoint of whoever is paying them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I personally, and I know of other like minded, do not think our owners and senior managers care about the club.  IMO, there are too many connected to the club only because it's a gravy train.  I do not see a hunger, a passion, a can do attitude that will move the club forward or start to rebuild a meaningful relationship with the fans.  I think we are now a club without a soul.

I recall the days when you would see the likes of Derrick Keighley, Bill Bancroft and David Brown out about in the area and they'd be only too happy to have a word or two with you.

Make no mistake, seismic changes in ownership and management from top to bottom are needed at Rovers.  We need people who really do bleed blue and white.  Sadly, it might never happen and for that reason, I feel many supporters have been lost for good.

I’ve stopped going for the last 3 years, nothing exciting going on with the club, no direction, passion, I got miserable being at ewood with it being so empty and with a  dead atmosphere, when it starts ruining your weekends it just gets to the point why am I doing this, sad thing is now I’m starting to not miss it, at one point there must of been 10-20 meeting up for the games and now none of them go. Sad times. 

• Like 4

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Where does this leave Brierley ? The look on that photograph says “ What have I done !”

They haven’t wanted to announce it because everyone would kick off. A full window and we managed to snag a youth prospect for the u23s from league 2.

Not fair on the lad! Just sneak him in the back door, hope he does well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andy said:

I'm not sure on this.

Look at our average attendances over the 70's and 80's (even early 90's) and they're lower than what we get now?

Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 21.04.45.pngIf these numbers are indicative of our core support base and you take the 'glory hunting' element from the Prem years out of the equation, you could argue that we're currently seeing what is our average attendance.

You would expect an additional 5k-10k per home game if we ever did make it back to the promised land.

I’m late to this but…

considering what happened between 1992 and 2010, our hardcore number should’ve grown. And it did. In 99/00 and 00/01 we were nearly at a 20k average in the second tier. 

The hardcore aren’t the same individuals for the most part. Someone who attended their first match as a 10 year old in 1992, and caught the bug is 40 now. A 40 year old who was one of the 8,000 in the early 70s likely won’t be around.

If we accept a percentage of all attending fans will be fanatical, with a period of success, and consistently higher attendances throughout the 90s our fanbase should’ve grown to the point where the hardcore wasn’t slipping back to pre-Jack levels.

Venky’s are responsible for the absolute decimation of our crowds. The only thing comparable to the effect they have had is the drop off and widespread falling out with the club that occurred as a result of the 1960 cup final. That took nearly 30 years to turn around.

I worry that phrases like “natural level” or “core support” give a pass, or at least make it easier for Waggott and co. to shrug their shoulders and not bother trying to reverse the trend.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Probably cause the whole administration have been absolutely shite on the whole for, oh, I don’t know, about 12 years?

True, but GB hasn't and nor has JDT, yet according to some they're useless, don't know their arses from their elbows & should be summarily dismissed. 

I don't think Rovers want to be going back to court or a tribunal against a manager do they, didn't work out too well last time.

• Like 1