BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

It would really take something visible on the sky cameras to make a difference i.e. launching tennis balls on the pitch akin to what Cov did a few years ago. It gets noticed and it makes headlines.

We already know the Raos don't like to be embarrassed from what has happened previously and it will at least make them sit up and take notice.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

When was the last time a fan protest resulted in a change in ownership? 

Just look at Man U - despite vigorous protesting they ended up creating a new club because the Glazer's have the kind of wealth that makes you untouchable - like apparently the Rao family does.

I've no idea why the Venkys continue to own us, but we're powerless to stop it.

I do think its what the Raos do next which will determine a lot of peoples thought process.

If they act as a business should and hold those accountable for this mess, and actually sack them. Then their stock will rise, as they've acted in the best interest of the club, and are showing a shoot of lessons learnt

• Like 9

Just now, glen9mullan said:

If they act as a business should and hold those accountable for this mess, and actually sack them. Then their stock will rise, as they've acted in the best interest of the club, and are showing a shoot of lessons learnt

It won't. Because after twelve years of mediocre appointments at-best, nobody can surely believe "we'll get it right this time", and that they've learned a lesson here.

I'm totally disillusioned, Glen. The proof is always in the pudding, and we've had very little of that in the last twelve years.

• Like 3

I wonder if there’s a possibility of just loaning O’Brien for the 5 months and the transfer fee of 10 million that was supposed to be part of the deal if we’re promoted is just quashed. If that’s the part of the deal that didn’t get properly signed. Probably not if it’s built into the contract, just clutching at straws.

19 minutes ago, BigUts said:

It would really take something visible on the sky cameras to make a difference i.e. launching tennis balls on the pitch akin to what Cov did a few years ago. It gets noticed and it makes headlines.

We already know the Raos don't like to be embarrassed from what has happened previously and it will at least make them sit up and take notice.

This is where it requires private conversations ....All sorts of people read this venerable site!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gordon Gekko said:

I wonder if there’s a possibility of just loaning O’Brien for the 5 months and the transfer fee of 10 million that was supposed to be part of the deal if we’re promoted is just quashed. If that’s the part of the deal that didn’t get properly signed. Probably not if it’s built into the contract, just clutching at straws.

Of course, part of the blame for the cock up has to be shouldered by the player's agent and current club, for insisting on a completely stupid £10million commitment be part of the deal - no-one would move from / to any club if all deals were as moronic as that.

Walk out/ walk in protests, wearing t shirts etc is a waste of time. 

Everton got noticed, banners in the ground and make yourself heard. "Waggot out!" and "sack the board!"

We need it in writing inside the ground for everyone around the club and the SKY/ ITV cameras to see for the remainder of the season. They need to read and hear exactly what we think of their performance and prices.

Do we trust this man handling the sale of Brockhall for housing and building a "state of the art" training facility that will take the club forward? That is what he will be heading up next.

I'm happy to chip in and help a protest against this board. A bring back John Williams banner might hit home.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Gordon Gekko said:

I wonder if there’s a possibility of just loaning O’Brien for the 5 months and the transfer fee of 10 million that was supposed to be part of the deal if we’re promoted is just quashed.

I can't see the EFL allowing the terms of the deal to be changed because it would be a new agreement that would have to be signed all over again. We're now three days beyond the deadline.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, BigUts said:

That's wishful thinking even if they are remotely aware of it or give a stuff we also know if it's someone they like they will do nothing.

Club is an absolute shambles top to bottom. JDT will be shoved in front of the cameras today and he asked questions he had no power over because of incompetence of the people above him.

Not old enough to remember the 95 years so most of my supporting years have been under the venky’s shower of shite. Only reason I keep an interest now is so that when my lads old enough, hopefully they’ve gone & he can enjoy what Rovers are really about. Laughing stock. 

• Like 2

Just now, BG1492 said:

Club is an absolute shambles top to bottom. JDT will be shoved in front of the cameras today and he asked questions he had no power over because of incompetence of the people above him.

Not old enough to remember the 95 years so most of my supporting years have been under the venky’s shower of shite. Only reason I keep an interest now is so that when my lads old enough, hopefully they’ve gone & he can enjoy what Rovers are really about. Laughing stock. 

It would be nice for JDT to come out and say it as it is, that the club had a chance of promotion, I wanted to strengthen but the club and the board failed to perform and the club needs to sort itself out if it ever wants to improve.

I suspect hes a tow the company line type of guy though, which is probably why he agreed to work under these morons. 

• Like 3

Would O'Brien and Forest think about suing Rovers if the appeal is rejected? If O'Brien can't play senior football for the rest of the season, I suspect he could claim for loss of potential future earnings due to a lack of senior playing time. Forest could well sue for depreciation in the value of O'Brien.

For all the penny-pinching austerity Waggott forces on the club and its supporters, the deadline day saga could easily blow all of that out of the water. What a mess.

2 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Would O'Brien and Forest think about suing Rovers if the appeal is rejected? If O'Brien can't play senior football for the rest of the season, I suspect he could claim for loss of potential future earnings due to a lack of senior playing time. Forest could well sue for depreciation in the value of O'Brien.

What are you on about?  He has a contract with forest, they pay him🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

Tomasson must be considering his options this morning. He must have come to the conclusion he was sold a pup by the management, the job isn't what it said on the tin, and that working for low-quality people just isn't worth it. He's a wealthy man and can afford to walk away. And who would blame him? 

• Like 2

On 01/02/2023 at 10:36, Madon said:

I've just received a message saying O'Brien has fallen through as the paperwork wasn't completed in time 🙈🤣.

Coming back to this, your source was absolutely correct the first time around. They obviously got cold feet from letting the truth be known to you! Keep this contact safe. At least they were accurate before anybody else was.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Tomasson must be considering his options this morning. He must have come to the conclusion he was sold a pup by the management, the job isn't what it said on the tin, and that working for low-quality people just isn't worth it. He's a wealthy man and can afford to walk away. And who would blame him? 

JDT does'nt look the type to throw in the towel. I think he will be a success at Ewood when he shapes his own team with signings that beat the deadline.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

R.I.P Rovers is a bit dramatic, its another kick in the teeth for Rovers supporters the late registration balls up, but were tough as old boots we've been surviving on a shoestring budget most of our history apart from the Jack Walker era. Lets go onwards and upwards, and give it our best shot staying in the top 6.

We had good people running the club in the old days.  It's not just about surviving 'on a shoe string' it's about the sheer contempt the owners and people higher up have for the supporters. 

• Like 1