BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

What has happened twice before, if we have failed to get players registered on deadline day before then it hasn’t been made public

DJ Campbell famously. Botched at last minute to sign him, ended up getting in the subsequent loan window.

Don't know the second one off hand.

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, 47er said:

The bottom line is that we thought the minimum we needed in this transfer window was a striker and a mid-field enforcer.

Since we didn't get either, and didn't even come close to getting a striker as far as I can see, this window represents total failure.

In terms of manpower and morale among the squad and the supporters, it scuppers any chance we had of finishing in the Top 6.

Its a really big blow which can't be explained away.

We did though? Undav and Kone.

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

An interesting day to put it mildly.

Can't recall when I've spoken to so many people wanting to discuss Rovers - sadly for all the wrong reasons.  Finding even the remaining diehard Blues, who think Rovers can do no wrong, are struggling with this debacle.  Even @chaddyrovershas been struck dumb!

I understand Rovers have been swamped by emails of complaint and I personally know of half a dozen who have written in.

Though Broughton showed some balls, it was, IMO, a classic line in smooth bullsh1t - seen it too often and don't buy it.

I think Nicko is absolutely on the ball with this.  His revelations are incredulous and startling.  I think it shows us as being so amateurish - for feck's sake if you can't complete forms properly you shouldn't be in any type of employment let alone involved in £multi million business transactions.

Live on Sky TV, those going on Monday night have a terrific opportunity to vent their anger and make the wider football world realise just what, IMO, is an absolute sh1t show of a club.

will you be venting your anger?

15 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

So if I recall, there were 3 teams after O'Brien. 2 dropped out leaving us. I bet he wouldn't have chosen us in a 2 horse race.

Then I suppose O'Brien was the last choice for us. He came available only on the Tuesday. Cantwell had already fucked us off. Goodness knows who else.

Thing is, if O'Brien hadn't become suddenly available, who were we bringing in instead ? Clearly nobody.

Venkys Out.

A very good question 🤔

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I guess when a player of Lewis O'Brien quality becomes available that changes that stance. Plus his quality would help us secure a playoff place and promotion chances. 

The project is to become a sustainable PL club firstly so if we got promotion this season and then came back down before getting promotion again and staying there then that would be the aim would be met. 

I hope Thomas signs here permanent if the summer. Think he would be good permanent addition if we can agree a deal in the summer. 

Yes it does and he has taken full responsibility for that failure. We still sign a striker on a short term contract like Lewis Grabban or Chris Martin. not great but would be help for the final 18 games 

3. If we had signed a striker and O'Brien probably a 10

no, I still have faith in the project under Broughton and Jon Dahl Tomasson

Good question

Grabban or Martin would be desperate and scraping the barrel, better than the useless Vale though. Surely youd prefer Vale to play?

I dont get how you still have total, 100% faith in Broughton. Even if you was unsure of him at this stage and unsure of how it will go, that would be balanced. Disappointing transfer windows overall thus far.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Another question about the O'Brien deal and the report of us paying his full wage of a reputed £45k weekly. What about this wage structure that the acolytes were banging on about which had allegedly been told to them by Swag. We were told that we couldn't pay Nyambe and Lenihan what they were after because it would break the 'wage structure'. 

Throughout this debacle I have been struggling with Rovers going into a deal with wages at 45k++ and a commitment to pay 10 million if promotion is achieved, for a player obviously deemed not of PL level by Forest.

We failed throughout the window to sign a striker, even as intimated by GB on the final day of the window, to make a promotion push more viable.

The cynic in me thinks this, LOB, was a deal to miss.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StubbsUK said:

If this is true, you don't have to be that big of a happy clapper to have some sympathy for the staff at the club ...

https://brfcs.com/magazine/articles/costly-slip-of-the-pen/352

I haven’t been following all the drama on here the past few days that closely, but if this is true then it’s really piss poor from the EFL. This is bureaucracy gone mad, especially in this day and age. 

People are directing their anger at the wrong place. This isn’t just some arbitrary rejection… it’s a rejection that impacts a young player’s career and mental state, has probably put some peoples jobs in jeopardy and caused this board to go absolutely mental. All because of an extra ‘e’ and a useless clause?

25 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Another question about the O'Brien deal and the report of us paying his full wage of a reputed £45k weekly. What about this wage structure that the acolytes were banging on about which had allegedly been told to them by Swag. We were told that we couldn't pay Nyambe and Lenihan what they were after because it would break the 'wage structure'. 

The regulations do allow for a players contracted wage to be altered for the duration of a loan - maybe he agreed to a pay cut and we’d have paid 100% of this lower wage (ie no forest contribution)?

i don’t know why he would, but in theory he could have 

Edited by wilsdenrover

53 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's frightening how much people seem to take at face value anything they read without stopping to work out if it's likely to be true.

With respect Rev, you have spent the past 12yrs absolving Venkys of any responsibility whatsoever for our current predicament.

Face value or written testimony, you ignore it all, have you changed your mind with the latest shit show?

I haven’t posted in a while and probably can’t add anything new to this debate. I’m torn in my thinking at the minute about what GB has said that happened and what I think happened. If what GB has said that happened is true then we were desperately unlucky and should be encouraged that we are at the very least looking for the right players. O’brien would have been a top top signing. Unfortunately thanks to the owners everything that happens at rovers is always treated with suspicion. I’m finding it hard to believe we were willing to pay 30k plus per week for a loanee. One thing is for sure, if I was JDT I would be absolutely furious and would be seriously considering my future 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

missing me Duncan? sadly other things take priority like sleeping after working a night shift guess you don't work nights tho or never have? 

Yep. I was and was interested to see your take after Broughton’s interview.

Not for a long time, but I’ve worked nights in the past. I’d always struggle with my sleep patterns so you have my sympathy.

23 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

The regulations do allow for a players contracted wage to be altered for the duration of a loan - maybe he agreed to a pay cut and we’d have paid 100% of this lower wage (ie no forest contribution)?

i don’t know why he would, but in theory he could have 

For the life in me I couldn't see that happening. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, arbitro said:

For the life in me I couldn't see that happening. 

Me neither - I guess my point was from a regulatory point of view ‘loan club is paying all his wage’ doesn’t have to equal ‘loan club is paying his usual wage’

I’m sure in reality it does always mean the former.

Edited by wilsdenrover

12 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

The EFL regulations require the submission of the future ‘permanent’ contract when registering a loan with an obligation to buy.

There was no obligation to buy if we stayed under EFL regulations

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gav said:

With respect Rev, you have spent the past 12yrs absolving Venkys of any responsibility whatsoever for our current predicament.

Face value or written testimony, you ignore it all, have you changed your mind with the latest shit show?

Evening Gav, sounds like you've been on the sauce tonight, what "written testimony" have I ever ignored? I've also only ever defended the owners on their commitment to the Club in terms of their financial input not their overall record.

As regards the latest debacle, it's nothing whatsoever to do with the owners it's entirely the fault of the people entrusted and paid handsomely to run the Club on their behalf. However it will be inexcusable if the lot of them aren't sacked after this just as it's inexcusable that the useless and devious Waggott continues in employment year after year drawing a huge salary for running the Club into the ground.

It's becoming increasingly wearisome tbh, I'm getting a bit old for this shit. However if it's a choice between chancers like Waggott/Mowbray/Venus and Broughton seeing me off after 52 years of watching the Club or me seeing Waggott off I'd far rather it was the latter. Just about the only thing keeping me going at the moment.

• Like 3