BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Ham United (a) - League Cup - 9/11/22

1 minute ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Looking at the other shoot outs I hate those stupid tippy tappy slow run ups.  You lose all momentum and power and you are naturally indecisive about where to hit your penalty until the very last step into the ball.  Most of those boys missed tonight.

The 5th pen for Newcastle was comedy gold.

Great to see so many of those hop, skipity, jump show pony ones missed tonight.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ossyian said:

Yes but we made 11 changes too. Apart one or 2 in  from the defence we aren't any weaker really apart from BBD of course which speaks volumes of our young squad

You don't think a team with Pears, Rankin-Costello, Edun, Vale, Buckley et al is any weaker than a team with Trav, Hyam, Gally, Morton, Kaminski etc etc? 

That is surprising.

Edited by rovers11
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Looking at the other shoot outs I hate those stupid tippy tappy slow run ups.  You lose all momentum and power and you are naturally indecisive about where to hit your penalty until the very last step into the ball as you are waiting for the keeper to make a move first.  Most of those boys missed tonight.

Yep, you've got to be really good at those to make them work. Think a lot of players believe they're better than they are these days.

• Like 1

Interesting that the next round is 20th/21st December so it’ll be first game back for Prem teams after the World Cup…..not sure if that means they rest players ahead of Boxing Day or would they play them as a warm up if they’ve not played for a while 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

A lot of players I wasn't exactly confident that they would hit the back of the net from 12 yards out. 

But fair play to them all, cracking penalties by the sounds of it. 

Yep, I was about to post after JRC scored that I'd been nervous about most of these takers but they'd all delivered...decided not to post it as I knew I'd jinx it!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

The U21s play Celtic at Ewood on the 20th of Dec.

Track record for PLIC this season is they're more than happy to let clubs play them whenever they fancy so should be fine to move

Dingles (home or away) is my first choice. If not, Liverpool or City. Better to have a local game or a game against a top club that is accessible to supporters than draw Southampton away, for example.

The 2,000+ travelling supporters will be enjoying having made the effort to get down there in a relatively low key fixture! Can't say I was too excited about the game, but it panned out perfectly as a classic cup game.

Onwards and upwards. JDT's blue and white army!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I wasn't talking about Bianca Westwood for the record! she was really good, I was refering to Sue smith

Sorry. I don't mind Sue although I can appreciate that her voice can be a bit grating.

Must say I found the SSN coverage of all the events of the evening top class.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Sorry. I don't mind Sue although I can appreciate that her voice can be about grating.

Must say I found the SSN coverage of all the events of the evening top class.

got a bit frustrating when they cut away from our shootout just to babble on about liverpool, luckily they caught our final penalties live though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Cannot believe that while we were winning a penalty shootout after equalising in the 88th minute at a Premier League team, I was sat looking at spreadsheets in a basement four miles away.

What a bloody result, though!

Something doesn't add up!

Fantastic result going into big game on Sunday. 

Coyb

• Like 2