BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Ham United (a) - League Cup - 9/11/22

6 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Just watched the goals on Sky. Unbelievable poise of the penalty takers. In fairness both sides.

This link is a keeper. 

Funny to think that Pears let in 11 goals and we won 🤔

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/12743189/west-ham-2-2-blackburn-rovers-9-10-on-pens-carabao-cup-highlights

And none of that ridiculous fannying about during the run-ups either 👍🏻

Edited by Dreyski
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Home at 4 am, up at 6 am and still running on adrenaline from a performance and result to make every Rovers fan proud. We deserved the opportunity to take them to penalties and every penalty we took was nigh on perfect (with the obvious exception West Ham's were good too) as we showed composure in a pressure situation. A special word for the fans too of which many weren't from Blackburn. It's quite funny hearing anti Dingle songs sung with a southern accent. 🤣🤣

Unfortunately, the accent gets mellowed out over time. Every time I come back home it gets topped up a little though haha

• Like 3

Couldn't believe the aplomb with which these kids took their penalties. They seemed to have no nerves at all. We've seen lousy penalties from Rovers players over the years. Last night 10 outfield players made it look Easy! Astonishing! Very well drilled I'd guess.

Only the very last one of ours was a little bit close.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Did everyone get out unscathed? Hearing from a pal that West Ham pricks pelted Rovers fans with coins and objects, and medical intervention was needed for a few.

Was on the upper tier and saw a man probs in late 60s/70s have to be taken away with blood pouring down his face. Didn’t look good.  

• Like 1

From the absolute pits of a showing at Coventry last week to the excitement and character of last night

Unfortunately I chose to attend the former and not the latter

Never mind: it shows the highs and lows of football and why the game is so intoxicating and why against all logic we keep coming back for more 

The cup draws are rarely kind to us: we always seem to draw the "big boys" or difficult opponents and it's about time we drew one of the "minnows" at home and got ourselves in a cup quarter-final for the first time since the Kean debacle at Cardiff

I'm dreaming of 2002 all over again. 

• Like 7

We perhaps should start that side every midweek away game !

I agree with the gaffer about the boys being brave but that extends to him as well with his tactics there's nothing to fear in the Championship it's all about the mindset.

That was there for all to see last night although it works better when your hosts think they just have to turn up to win.

• Like 2

I’m still buzzing from that result. Just a shame that two poor clearances led to their goals. Bucko’s  fumble  setting up their 1st scorer nicely and Edun trying to clear the cross with his favoured left foot when it was crying out for a right foot clearance. That also was as good as a pass.

Two good goals from the Rovers though. Vale very cool to slot that one away. Where did Bererton get that power from, he was almost on top of the ball when he hit the shot.

On the downside - Markanday’s miss was a bad one, that could have cost us on another night.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

Our first draw of the season and it's a win. Typical Tomasson.

Amazing that the youngsters helped to win that shootout. Some cool heads there!

What an amazing result.

I see Adam Wharton only had 45 minutes. I think we'll see him on Sunday.

Glad to see Vale get a goal and Hirst scoring his penalty. Hopefully it's given them a boost.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mike E said:

Did everyone get out unscathed? Hearing from a pal that West Ham pricks pelted Rovers fans with coins and objects, and medical intervention was needed for a few.

A girl in front of me got hit by a coin when we complained to the stewards they didn't do anything waist of time. Saw a few objects coming over.

Something interesting I found out last night was when teams take penalties in the shoot out players don’t have to stand on the half way line, they can stand anywhere they want as long as it’s not in the box. If arbitro can confirm this I would be greatful. If true I wonder why nobody seems to do it. Could be a respect thing to the players taking penalties but with some managers you would think we would have seen players hanging around the box before now.