BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (h) - 29/12/22

19 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’m personally not shouting for his head yet, but what were pre-season expectations? Where is an acceptable finish this season?

I have no idea, but being in third and saying we're not going for promotion isn't a sacking offence. It's a shooting offence. 

This club is an absolute m#(-&"£@!/*;& mess, you can't have a fifth columnist gaffer who isn't interested in promotion when the club is in third. What's the plan instead, turn the club into the university of buggering everything up with Doctor Kakwit Bandit and Professor Arse Von Elbow?

"The death spiral has cleared the credibility gap and is now in range of the remaining supporter base"

"You may fire when ready"

Edited by broadsword

4 minutes ago, Staffordshire Rover said:

I watched this one from home tonight, my 5 yr old in the 1st half said “this ref is actually doing ok tonight Dad”

2nd half after the sending off he said “I take back what I said before Dad this guy is like the rest of them, he doesn’t know what he is doing” He is 5!

As I’ve mentioned I watched it on TV but were there boos when Dack was taken off? 

Frustrating night again! 

Yep. Boos when Dack was taken off 

10 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’m personally not shouting for his head yet, but what were pre-season expectations? Where is an acceptable finish this season?

Mowbray failed to deliver a playoff spot last year, which was seen as a failure and we parted company with him (too late for my liking).

Why should we be accepting anything less than playoffs this time round?

Plenty of JDT’s biggest supporters are delighted with our transfer business. Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell apparently aren’t being missed at all and at least 2 have supposedly been replaced with far superior players, so surely anything less than top 6 shouldn’t be acceptable this year?

I’d also like to pose this to @chaddyroverstoo as he often makes similar comments.

I expect the answer will be “We are third”. Use it while you can, because we won’t be for long. The bar will become lower and lower, just like it did with Mowbray’s staunchest defenders last year.

We are  definitely missing Rothwell , the other 2 not as much ...

As for the manager , I am looking forward to the day , when we appoint the best man for the job..Someone whose credentials stand up to the job of managing Blackburn Rovers. 

JDT is a 4th  or 5th choice chancer ,who should never have been employed...

We need winners both  on the pitch and in the dug out .....Players who stand up and be counted   , when the going gets tough ...Not wave the white flag and couldn't tackle a fish supper...

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

So .what you trying to say ..you don t want his head yet...but we re currently in the Play offs ..so half way through you must happy ..?

If we finish the season there I will be very happy. I don’t think we will though, on current performances I think we will be further away than last season.

• Like 3

Adam Wharton has played just 337 minutes since his MOTM performance against Blackpool, that’s across 18 league matches, so averaging 18 minutes a match.

Criminal really, I don’t see the point of playing Morton ahead of him, and he offers us more than Buckley. 

EDIT: For what it’s worth, Morton has played over 1,500 minutes in the same time. A full 90 minutes for 14 of the 18 games, and started 17 of the 18. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 7

• Backroom
41 minutes ago, arbitro said:

An appeal would be futile and a waste of money. It's violent conduct and it can't be dressed up as anything else. Buckley was stupid and so unprofessional.

I was hoping you’d post about the incident, I was waiting for an educated view on it.

As expected, from a refereeing perspective it’s a red card, silly silly Buckley

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Robbed by the ref tonight for nothing incident. Its time refs used common bloody sense. Anyway I'm not going focus on the waste off space refs tonight. 

I was very happy with our performance in the game. First half we played very well with quick tempo passing and not slowing the passing down. Morton and Buckley were very good. The movement of the front 4 were excellent and we scored an excellent goal by Hedges. Gallagher should have scored aswell. 

Disappointed by the first goal we conceded. Poor by Kaminski. Second one was good finish. 

We continued to try to play our football and played to the end. Just couldn't find the killer ball to get equaliser today. 

Very proud of every player tonight. JRC was outstanding and in good form. 

JDT got the subs of Dack and Morton right as they couldn't get hold of the ball or make tackles and they were shattered. Bringing on Garrett and Travis was right cos they give us energy and ability to make tackles. Dack isn't a centre midfielder either. 

Let's stick together and go and beat Cardiff on New Year day now. COYB!!! 🔵

Not sure how you can say the subs were right when they had no positive impact on the flow of the game nor the outcome, you’d have much more evidence to say he didn’t get his subs right as we were losing and he failed to alter the course.

Oh and as above from a qualified and experienced referee, blame Buckley for giving the ref the decision to have to make.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Lets have a look where we are in six games..

Classic.

Then it will be let's give him to the end of the season, then let's give him the summer window, then let's give him to Christmas and on and on and on we go as with Mowbray.

Some of us have read the script - JDT will never cut it here.

Buckley is brain dead  however, our manager must surely have drummed it into our players they shouldn't give officials an excuse to card them!?

1st half papered over the cracks.  Another capitulation in the 2nf half.  We are spineless.  Simply no excuses as many teams go on to win with 10 men.

JDT out.  Wake up and smell the coffee.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, superniko said:

Adam Wharton has played just 337 minutes since his MOTM performance against Blackpool, that’s across 18 league matches, so averaging 18 minutes a match.

Criminal really, I don’t see the point of playing Morton ahead of him, and he offers us more than Buckley. 

My ideal middle 2 would be A Wharton & Buckley. Morton bar a few decent passes was quite poor today. He seems out of position a lot also. Travis is & should be out of the picture IMO.

• Like 2

Just got home from another shocker 2nd in a few days

Wasnt much between the two up to HT then knife through butter time then up steps the half wit Buckley

The 5th or 6th choice JDT and the chancer Broughton need to go ASAP 

Get a proper manager in for the transfer window and go for it  Whilst we are still up there carry on as and we will be out of contention by mid Feb

but hey ho it adds value to players playing out from the back its part of the bollocks journey

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, superniko said:

EDIT: For what it’s worth, Morton has played over 1,500 minutes in the same time. A full 90 minutes for 14 of the 18 games, and started 17 of the 18. 

I'm staring to be convinced its contractual or somthing to play Morton seeing how many times he gives the ball away and lets players run off him

• Like 2

Didn’t see the sending off incident at the match but now watched it. McGrew actually gives Buckley a sly nudge in the back and Buckley retaliates by tossing the ball at McGrew’s head. Hardly violent conduct as there was never any intention or possibility of McGrew being hurt.

I would also question the right of the 4th official to draw the matter to the referee’s attention. Is this what the 4th official is there for (as a sort of VAR)?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Didn’t see the sending off incident at the match but now watched it. McGrew actually gives Buckley a sly nudge in the back and Buckley retaliates by tossing the ball at McGrew’s head. Hardly violent conduct as there was never any intention or possibility of McGrew being hurt.

I would also question the right of the 4th official to draw the matter to the referee’s attention. Is this what the 4th official is there for (as a sort of VAR)?

It's just like Buckos penalty giveaway a few days ago, questionable decision but he gives the ref a decision to make.  Strange really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alcd said:

Judging from JDT's post-match comments he's thrown Buckley under the bus and exonerated the officials. Looks like they won't even be contesting the red card so a 3 match ban stands. An idiotic approach that certainly won't go down well with the players.

the only idiot is John Buckley, 2nd time in a few days some going that.

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, arbitro said:

An appeal would be futile and a waste of money. It's violent conduct and it can't be dressed up as anything else. Buckley was stupid and so unprofessional.

The standard of refereeing in this league is horrific. In order to be sent off for throwing the ball at an opponent, "excessive force" is required. Was excessive force used? In no way was the opponent endangered. We should definitely appeal.

• Like 2

I thought the performance tonight, first half particularly, was more in keeping with our efforts earlier this season. I thought we did well and thought it was a good game, probably should have had a second through Dack or Gallagher.

Second half we got caught out early, but then you really need calm collected heads, Buckley's act of petulance not the first time he's been in trouble and he needs to get a grip. I can tolerate red cards when they are necessary or part of managing a game but when for ludicrous things such as tonight or that one at Derby the other year he needs to reflect on it carefully.

By the letter of the law a red which will get the officials off the hook with it but if I had the time I could go through Championship games this season and probably find dozens of similar or worse incidents in plain view of the referee or linesmen where nothing is given. So it comes back to consistency again. Can't argue with Buckley but then I expect to all such acts sanctioned in the same way. We all know it doesn't happen which is the part I can't accept.

It seems Eltrincham was the one who gave it, which he did well to see in between his match-long discussion and conversation with Carrick and Woodgate. I wasn't sure the 4th officials' task was to analyse and explain every event to the management team of one club but that's what he was doing. Then when they had a corner and committed a foul at the DE he wasn't even looking as he was too busy talking to Woodgate. No doubt in my mind influenced by their theatrics after our first goal.

A frustrating one as at half time I felt quite good about things and confident of getting back to winning ways.

Where do we go from here? Well we've three 'attractive' looking games now - Cardiff, Rotherham, Bristol City - need a good chunk of points there or excuses will be thin on the ground. 

End of the day though we can all see that reinforcements and options are needed - a look at the bench tonight shows how limited we are and it would be negligent of ownership and management to not bring people in quickly. The existing players deserve help and yes we are in a good position to approach the 2nd half of the season from.

I doubt we will get such business because the owners don't know nor care about where we are or what we might do, that's where the problem starts and ends.

And if the owners won't back the Club (they didn't last January) in this healthy position with such a glaring need for options then are they ever?

The project has been broadcast time and time again as one that revolves around developing players and using the academy. Most people seem happy with that. Don't think you can really be too surprised then if experienced tried and tested pros aren't added to the squad or the young lads fall away as the season goes on. 

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Watch it again buckley also says something...he was poor before he was dropped since reinstated hes become a liability

• Like 2

So, a couple of things.

Buckley is our best passer of the ball.

He will continue to be periodically dropped for his 'relaxed' demeanour. 

He will always be brought back in as he is still our best passer of the ball. 

Please could we have more comment/detail on the sending off from our qualified referees? I still can't see how it is 'violent conduct', any more than a gentle push to the chest, which is never given as a red. But a gentle push to the chest, using this logic, is also violent conduct. 

I do not accept it was a clear red card, or we would have seen a number of similar red cards, and I have never seen a red for this in 40 years.

We played well in the 1st half, and if we play as well on Sunday, we will win. 

The only reason we may not play as well, is the absence, ironically, of Buckley.

I thought Pickering generally played ok in the 1st half, but was at fault for both goals, this is not sustainable.

J R-C was a revelation, he has been re-programmed by JDT, as had JB, before his retaliation.

So, not all bad, but unf JDT will never be able to re-programme Gally, as he is an athlete, not a footballer.

Strange, contradictory, confusing days....

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, J*B said:

Adam was gutted that he wasn’t in the first eleven against Burnley. He was pissed off he wasn’t in the squad. He was upset when he was told he wasn’t allowed to sit on the bench with the squad. He was furious when he was told he wasn’t allowed to travel with the squad. He called his management when he was told he couldn’t even get a ticket to the game.

His personality is going to take some serious management but the player is worth it. If we don’t do it, someone else will. 

What are you on about? Even if this bs is true (it’s not), why would Adam need to ‘grow up’?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

What are you on about? Even if this bs is true (it’s not), why would Adam need to ‘grow up’?

Think we need more explanation of the truth in these comments about AW, as they seemed to be accepted as fact by many on here. 

The question is whether there is an actual 'stand-off' between JDT and AW, and how we know if this is the reason he is not getting minutes on the pitch.

Honest answers, please, so we can move on.  

Thanks. 

• Like 1